1 [11.11%]
4 [44.44%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
ShortyBP View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

A G F Y

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShortyBP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2008 at 7:42am
http://www.eotech-inc.com/productselector.php
Should narrow down the model choices... then it just comes down to what battery source you prefer... CR123 or AA.
CarbineKid View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CarbineKid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2008 at 8:39am
Originally posted by brihard brihard wrote:

Carbinekid- what make is yours, and where did you get it?I also need to buy a good chest rig...

I had a post ban Bushmaster, but sold it once the ban ended. I couldn't stand the Klintonize model with all he new ones out there. After the 06 election I grabbed a Stag Model 2(while I could).
I brought it from my cousin(whos a FFL), and I got it at cost. From what Iread Stag(CMMG) makes many of the parts for Colt.   I added an ambi saftey and an ETech. I brought the EoTech from grant over at G&R tactical. The saftey from Rainier arms. My mags were brought at 44mag.com.    
Ceesman762 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2008 at 9:59am
Every one was/is making parts for Colt. They can't keep up with the demand.  It's going to take 10-12 weeks for the upper I want because it has to be made.
brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Making stuff up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2008 at 12:36pm
Originally posted by CarbineKid CarbineKid wrote:

Carbinekid- what make is yours, and where did you get it?I also need to buy a good chest rig...

I had a post ban Bushmaster, but sold it once the ban ended. I couldn't stand the Klintonize model with all he new ones out there. After the 06 election I grabbed a Stag Model 2(while I could).
I brought it from my cousin(whos a FFL), and I got it at cost. From what Iread Stag(CMMG) makes many of the parts for Colt.   I added an ambi saftey and an ETech. I brought the EoTech from grant over at G&R tactical. The saftey from Rainier arms. My mags were brought at 44mag.com.    

LOL, sorry, I meant which make was your EOTech.

Shorty: That was useful, thanks. the one thing I'm really trying to decide is do I need the magnifier or not.

tThe nice thing about EOTechs is that our army issues them in limited numbers, so you won't get pounced on by some issue-kit-only dinosaur if you walk around Kandahar with them. It's incredible how idiotic some people are about what the troops use.
"Abortion is not "choice" in America. It is forced and the democrats are behind it, with the goal of eugenics at its foundation."

-FreeEnterprise, 21 April 2011.

Yup, he actually said that.
Ceesman762 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2008 at 12:41pm
You should log on to some of the other discussion boards about troops and weapons, you would be amazed at what people think we're using!
ShortyBP View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

A G F Y

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShortyBP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2008 at 7:02pm

Shorty: That was useful, thanks. the one thing I'm really trying to decide is do I need the magnifier or not.

Well the plus side with that is... since it's a seperate unit, you can always add it later. Decide you don't need it now... but then decide later that you do... no problem.
The flip-to-side magnifiers are really impressive! When they first came out, the dealer that I bought a lower from had one on his M4gery with a 511. I was left speechless upon trying it. But the cost for the whole setup (511, 3x flip, and throw-lever mounts) was more than my entire rifle (and without a credit card, I shouldn't have been able to afford even that)

I'd love to get a real EOTech and magnifier... but given my usage, just can't justify the expense. If I was heading to the Stan, such as yourself... that'd be all the justification I'd need!

In the meantime, given I'm shooting at paper in an indoor range at a max distance of 50yds... the Fake-O-Tech and FakePoint sights I have do the job, for much much much much less. Neither would stand up to the rigor of "real" use... but given the most abuse my rifles get is careful removal and replacement in their padded cases, they're fine.
brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Making stuff up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2008 at 7:45pm
Yeah, I've fondled a rifle with them mounted as well. I love them. Nice thing about an EOTech is even if they get stupid and decide to give me an LMG instead, I could still use it to some effect.
"Abortion is not "choice" in America. It is forced and the democrats are behind it, with the goal of eugenics at its foundation."

-FreeEnterprise, 21 April 2011.

Yup, he actually said that.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic