4 [8.33%]
10 [20.83%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Kristofer View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Good Sport. Semper Fi!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristofer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2008 at 3:54pm
my bad on stress cards, must have been a rumor floating around the Corps. which is why i said they did. i am pretty sure they did implement them at one time. if not. i stand corrected.
Ceesman762 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2008 at 3:58pm
They did for a very brief time in 1992, I got to see the end product coming out of San Diego and Parris Island.
Rambino View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
I am even less fun in person

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rambino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2008 at 4:46pm
You guys should both read Tolga's link...
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2008 at 4:58pm
I did. It was a small program that was used. It started, briefly, in 1992. I don't know how many series/platoons this was "experimented" with. I watched these newbies/noobs come into schools battalion and then sent to me for guard posting/duty. 3 of theses kids were from one such platoon. One was an absolute waste of a uniform and was an extreme discipline problem. This kid should have been weeded out by the DI's but some how got under the wire. I wrote him up twice, UA for guard formation/inspection and failure to obey a direct order. I don't know what had happened to him after I had him on my guard roster. I got out 2 months later.
Kristofer View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Good Sport. Semper Fi!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristofer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2008 at 5:41pm
read it. i still say i may be somewhat right...
Rambino View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rambino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2008 at 6:10pm

Read closer.  The Army didn't have the stress cards, the Navy (Marines) did.

And they weren't really "blue" cards anyway.

Evil Elvis View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Crusher of Dreams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evil Elvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2008 at 6:23pm
Originally posted by Rambino Rambino wrote:

Read closer.  The Army didn't have the stress cards, the Navy (Marines) did.

And they weren't really "blue" cards anyway.

Read even closer it says that the Navy Tried them.

Navy bootcamp isnt Marine Boot camp. That's saying that all Law schools are the same.
Rambino View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rambino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2008 at 6:30pm

I read it as Navy as well. I am giving ceesman the benefit of the doubt when he says that Parris Island used them...   :)

(And, frankly, all law schools are pretty much the same - useless)

Evil Elvis View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Crusher of Dreams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evil Elvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2008 at 7:05pm
Originally posted by Rambino Rambino wrote:

P]

(And, frankly, all law schools are pretty much the same - useless)

No argument there... thou in my Office Tower's Totem Pole of Evil Lawyers dont stack up as high as Investment Advisors.
Kristofer View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Good Sport. Semper Fi!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristofer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2008 at 8:48pm
oh I didnt miss the Navy part. I'm still hoping the Army had them at one time. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Linus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - language 6.29.10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2008 at 9:19pm
Originally posted by Snake6. Snake6. wrote:

Why should where you are at dictate how hard your boot is? Whether you go to boot in Bragg or FLW, combat is combat death is death killing is always killing. The enemy doesn't care where you went to bootcamp and isn't going to take it easy on you because you didn't recieve the best training.

Not saying it is, I'm speaking from 3rd hand here with friends that went to different army basics.

FLW and Jackson, the 2 co-ed, are supposedly the easiest, while Bragg is the hardest.

Just like MCRD SD thinks it's harder then PI because they train only males, among other reasons(yes, I know they are segregated at PI).

Kristofer View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Good Sport. Semper Fi!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristofer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2008 at 5:48am
PI is the original. thus the best rah. if we glanced at a female we were dead. WM DI's and our DI's would kills us. we took some tests at the female squad bays. practical application trash. because they had space there. my god it was nice. like up scale nice compared to our squad bays.
rednekk98 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Dead man...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rednekk98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2008 at 8:54am
A buddy of mine told me they no longer do body hardeners and he went to PI this winter. Apparently it was 17* one night when he was on the crucible. I'd think you could do some serious nerve damage  if you over did it. Another friend of mine spent time in just about all of the holding platoons before getting dropped and has some horror stories about a recruit needing his leg amputated because he suffered severe nerve damage from a leg sweep and his body stopped feeding the leg.

Some Army bootcamps sound as tough as PI, although I've heard the co-ed ones described as "like summer camp". As far as the females on PI are concerned you probably wouldn't want to look at most of them anyways. They have BCG's, don't shave their legs and smell almost as bad as the males. Some of them are 6'5" and resemble gorillas. 4th BN is nice, I worked with the S4 keeping it that way on team week. The sand pits didn't even look disturbed. The only time I saw females get pitted was at the rifle range, interestingly the majority of them did not qualify with their rifle the first time. 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2008 at 9:46am
Thank you for the benefit of the doubt , Rambino. I have never even given the whole stress card thing a second thought until this thread.  
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2008 at 12:24pm
AF tried them for about a year in the early 90's as well.  We had the worst troops coming in during that time.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2008 at 12:35pm
yep, during that time after the gulf war the military got rid of a lot of it's senior staff NCO's and officers, gave them nice separation packages and early retirements. The worst of the worst was getting into all branches of the armed services and the worst of the worst were promoted.  one of my good friends went to the drill field in San Diego every letter I got from him was complaints about his recruits and how bad they were.
PaiNTbALLfReNzY View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Arsenal FC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaiNTbALLfReNzY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2008 at 3:06pm
Originally posted by Savage93fvss Savage93fvss wrote:

Originally posted by PaiNTbALLfReNzY PaiNTbALLfReNzY wrote:

The Navy is ok just not hard, and something like the service should be hard. Boring

Can you verify this from information not coming from a recruiter.

From people that have been in the Navy.

Nobody seems to know about the Marine Corps Recon guys, they're pretty tough cookies.

Not everyone in the Navy/Army/Marines does the same job, and everyone has different experiences. If there's one thing I can't stand, it's generalizations about any of the Armed Forces.

Good luck in the Marines.
dubs2011 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dubs2011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2008 at 3:54pm

I'm joing USMC infantry when im 17

want to be in force recon

usmc the few the proud the badass, you mess with the best you die like the rest

you have to admit army is weak

Snake6. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2008 at 4:46pm
Why the hell did you drag up a 3 month old post and then comment on things you have no idea about?

Paintball Chat
I'm at work, Leave me alone!!!
usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2008 at 4:52pm

The Army seems like it's run the same as everything governement. The Marines are run like a company. From friends in the army I hear Bootcamp is fun, and like a sucky summer camp.         & amp; nbsp;         & amp; nbsp;         & amp; nbsp;    

The Navy is ok just not hard, and something like the service should be hard. Boring

The Airforce is the same as the Navy Boring

And the Coast Guard is just that, the Coast Guard

Tell that to a PJ left to save your ass when you get stranded in hostile territory.
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
  Share Topic