4 [8.33%]
10 [20.83%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
PaiNTbALLfReNzY View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Arsenal FC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaiNTbALLfReNzY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2008 at 10:29am
Originally posted by Savage93fvss Savage93fvss wrote:

The Navy is ok just not hard, and something like the service should be hard. Boring

Can you verify this from information not coming from a recruiter.
Ceesman762 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2008 at 10:32am

Susan, When a Marine volunteers for embassy duty, the first, the very first place the send you to is a "hardship duty station". a place like the Ivory Coast, Chad, Liberia or some other 3rd world nightmare where at any given time, and it has happened alot, the locals decide to attack the embassy because you are an American. Someplaces are very nice, like Spain and others, like Sierra Leone are a living hell.   Lot's of fun!!! Hiding behind sand bags while drugged up boys between the ages of 10 to 19 shoot at you because the blame you for their problems.  And you can't shoot back because it will become an international incident. Please keep in mind this is my experience in Liberia in 1990-91 (operation Sharp Edge) as a Marine providing support for those Marines in the American embassy. U.S.M.C.

U

Signed

the

Mother-loving

Contract

brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Making stuff up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2008 at 10:42am
Originally posted by Skillet42565 Skillet42565 wrote:

ARMY gets the best toys.

Definitely some truth to that. The army have all got M4s while the Marines are still mostly stuck with longer rifles with iron sights, for instance. Having to pick up a decent combat optic on your own dime is painful.
"Abortion is not "choice" in America. It is forced and the democrats are behind it, with the goal of eugenics at its foundation."

-FreeEnterprise, 21 April 2011.

Yup, he actually said that.
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2008 at 11:13am
Originally posted by bravecoward bravecoward wrote:

I'm actually in Delta Farce

Fixed.
GI JOES SON View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Got me flowers for my birthday

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GI JOES SON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2008 at 11:29am
Originally posted by Reb Cpl Reb Cpl wrote:

I'm actually in Delta Force

We don't officially exist you know.

actually delta force does exist, its Delta Company of the 160th Special Forces Group. That's what they're referred to as
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
2010 Worst Luck award winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2008 at 11:34am
Originally posted by GI JOES SON GI JOES SON wrote:

actually delta force does exist, its Delta Company of the 160th Special Forces Group. That's what they're referred to as

Thats what we want you to think.

Snake6. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2008 at 11:50am

Originally posted by brihard brihard wrote:

ARMY gets the best toys.

Definitely some truth to that. The army have all got M4s while the Marines are still mostly stuck with longer rifles with iron sights, for instance. Having to pick up a decent combat optic on your own dime is painful.

The A4's have decent optics. However it is always nice to have a set of iron sights lying around, just in case.

Paintball Chat
I'm at work, Leave me alone!!!
Evil Elvis View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Crusher of Dreams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evil Elvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2008 at 12:15pm

Originally posted by GI JOES SON GI JOES SON wrote:

Thats what we want you to think.

Wrong Noobs they are known as "The Delta Force"

Edited by Evil Elvis - 14 March 2008 at 12:16pm
brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2008 at 12:23pm
Originally posted by Snake6. Snake6. wrote:

Originally posted by brihard brihard wrote:

ARMY gets the best toys.

The A4's have decent optics. However it is always nice to have a set of iron sights lying around, just in case.

I'm looking at picking up either an EOTech or Aimpoint right now, plus perhaps a 3x magnifier. I'll have a flip-up iron sight for backup, of course.

I'm not a fan of fixed magnified optics as your sole sight option... Give me a variable magnification sight, or a flip-to-side magnification on one of the aforementioned reflex sights any day. Trouble is an EOTech with magnifier and mount is $1100. Then again, you get what you pay for.

The sight we have has fantastic optics, but it's not a good mount, and most combat now happens within 100m anyway. I prefer fast target acquisition at close range as my default... I wish our forces would buy more EOTechs, dammit. As it stands, the chances of my platoon getting any are slim.
"Abortion is not "choice" in America. It is forced and the democrats are behind it, with the goal of eugenics at its foundation."

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2008 at 12:25pm
[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Trijicon-acog. great optic but too much $$$$$

brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2008 at 12:29pm
Originally posted by Ceesman762 Ceesman762 wrote:

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Trijicon-acog. great optic but too much $$$$$

[/QUOTE]

I didn't realize the Marines had picked up the ACOG. That's a fantastic optic, although it's still magnified. Then again, you can get the Dr. Optic reflex sight to mount on top of it.

Snake6. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2008 at 12:32pm
All A4's are issued with both ACOG's and Iron Sights. I dont know aobut you but when I am clearing rooms or what not I am not really looking down my sights...

Paintball Chat
I'm at work, Leave me alone!!!
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2008 at 12:40pm

Room clearing is ugly business. It's definately a snap shooting enviroment.

JohnnyCanuck View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
In soviet Canuckistan...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyCanuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2008 at 12:49pm
I've cleared the room myself a few times, right after a chili bake-off. 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2008 at 12:53pm
the 12ga solution! Fixes most problems with a single application.
Rambino View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
I am even less fun in person

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rambino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2008 at 12:53pm
I love these threads so much.

In before Rainbow Six.
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
2010 Worst Luck award winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2008 at 12:54pm
Originally posted by Ceesman762 Ceesman762 wrote:

Room clearing is ugly business. It's definately a snap shooting enviroment.

WGP guy2 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I play the Bag Pipes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WGP guy2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2008 at 12:56pm
Marines is definitely the most "badass".  However, if I were to join the armed forces, I would better serve the country in a room with paper and a calculator rather than out in the field, so it would probably be USAF.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2008 at 1:06pm
Join the Corps and be a pilot! spend 6 months as a grunt/FAC calling in airstrikes on the bad guys!
Man Bites Dog View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
The forumer formely known as TKD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man Bites Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2008 at 1:09pm
I am SEAL Rainbow Delta.

Don't mess.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
  Share Topic