Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Anybody had mod their Alpha Black yet?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
JagdAlex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JagdAlex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anybody had mod their Alpha Black yet?
    Posted: 09 March 2008 at 3:11pm

I am curious to see if anybody who purchased an Alpha Black had tried to customize it a bit with some 98C mod parts.

Like fitting a RIS handguard or some picatinny railing underneath and on top the actual handguard shroud of the Tacitcal package, or picatinny rail mount on top of the carrying handle. The only mod I have seen so far is people who had installed a cyclone feed on it that's it.

So if any of you guys did anything on their Alpha that would be great to know if it was relatively easy to do, because I want a purchase one but I am not sure if it's too much of a pain to actually mod it.

Thanks

slugger66ny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slugger66ny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2008 at 1:19am
I just want to know about the gun itself to be honest with you, rlly want to buy one, but want to make sure its ok...
AL.. AKA-(DBOY)
Kingtiger View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Now with 100% more Fail

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kingtiger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2008 at 2:06am
People have been able to add a 98 cyclone feed, but that's it.
Steam: Kingtiger125
Enos Shenk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
~-o@

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enos Shenk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2008 at 7:03am
Pretty much anything should fit on the Alpha besides the standard 98 e-grip or RT kit (The Alpha has no RT capability in the gripframe)

The internals and most of the mounting besides the triggger arrangement should be compatible on the Alpha.
JagdAlex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JagdAlex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2008 at 4:35pm

Someone posted one Alpha with a cyclone and a red dot installed on a picatinny rail, fixed on the carrying handle. The guy had to drill a whole in the carrying handle. Something easy to do.

I am ordering mine today and should get it in about 5 days. I am planning on buying 2 picatinny mounting rails that will fit above and underneath the handguard to fit a vertical grip/bipod and prolly a laser and or a TAC light.

I am sure that it will be relatively easy to convert it into an M16 SOPMOD for half the price that it would cost you with an actual 98c.

Just need to wait in June for the Alpha E-grip and the Alpha Cyclone if you are not the crafty kind of guy who wants to dremel off a piece of their Alpha to make the 98c cyclone fit.

Edited by JagdAlex - 13 March 2008 at 4:37pm
maniackiller View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maniackiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2008 at 10:20pm
Taking apart the ABT is easy, there is like 10 screws and the case splits. As far as mods, it has the 98 threads internals. The trigger grip doesn't have much room is pretty close to the 98 grip, people have told me that the wires and rod would have to be extended for the 98 e-grip internals to fit. Other then that buy it!
MeanMan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MeanMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2008 at 11:28am

My dad already pre-ordered an electronic one.

They are nice feeling guns.  Ive held and played around with the normal tactical one at a shop.  I thought it was going to be smaller, odd looking from the pictures online, but it was bigger than I thought it was going to be.

hybrid-sniper~"To be honest, if I see a player still using an Impulse I'm going to question their motives."
ciera1932 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ciera1932 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2008 at 4:36pm
I have modified mines...
Added rails to handle for grenade launcher, and modified it a cyclone feed..
Also drilled hole to center of top handle so i can use stard AR15 scope mounts, and using a red dot dight.
Also modified a 98C e-trigger system for it, shoots great.
People at field keep asking me where to get the e-trigger upgrade, told it won't come out til atleast June from Tippmann, have to make your own.

I have put in the 98 e-board into an Alpha Black... The Alpha's won't have an e-board available til atleast June... If you going to to do, need to to do a few things to it first...

1-need to make a longer trip pin, the original is too short, but that is easy, if you can find a piece of wire thick enough. Cut it so it ends just under the sear. Should be just a little play between the sear and trip pin, not very much,just enough so it isn't tight against it.(sorry I don't know the exact measurement for you, but should be fairly easy to do)
2-Using dremel tool or file, round out the top edge of sear, so it isn't a sharp edge.
3-On the back catch lip, where sear hits bolt, file it down with either a dremel or file, but not to much, just want a bit of doward slope (or really upward, down if bolt is held in your hand bottum up).
4-The sear is held in place by one pin and have 2 pins to limit it's movement. remove the bottom pin, so the sear will go higher in position, easier than shaping the sear to sit higher.

Might take a bit of fine tuning, but I did it and never had a problem once completed. Took me about 2 hours to work it out, with these instructions, should be alot easier for you to do. Won't have to modify the e-board or original trip pin, and it uses the bolt from a Tippmann 98 incase anything gets screwed up. One minor problem, make sure you use a good brand of 9 volt, the cheap ones don't have enough power, but that has always been the problem with all the tippmann e-boards.

sharpshootn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sharpshootn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2008 at 11:04pm

i put a 98 custom cyclone on mine in which i had to slightly modify for it to fit properly, also i put a five inch picatinny rail on the bottom of my shroud with a foldable foregrip i like it alot.

Edited by sharpshootn - 13 May 2008 at 11:10pm
projectmayhem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote projectmayhem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2008 at 11:58pm
I really want to know if the tippmann flatline barrel fits the Alpha black.   Anyone know or tried?
You are not your khakis...
501st: Vader's Fist
RPFD41 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RPFD41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2008 at 3:04am

Hey sharpshootn,

You have done what i have been trying to do for three days now its awsome looking.  You have got to tell me how you were able to get the rail secured under the shroud.  I am having no luck. 

Please let me know how you did it....

thorax181 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thorax181 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2008 at 11:12pm

I think the stock barrel needs replaced.....i bought a new barrel and ris handgaurd the rigged a q-loader on it...looks sweet and is dead on accurate!!!

Grumbacher View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grumbacher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2008 at 4:40pm
I'll try to get a decent picture of mine up, so far I've added a 14" barrel, a R.I.S. handguard and vertical grip, and a 4x22 scope onto the rail.

The R.I.S. was the trickiest part simply because I took it from my WG65 which has a much thinner barrel so to make it fit I spent a few hours with a dremel sanding down the parts to fit around my new barrel.

Oh yeah and I took that ridiculous Army Strong sticker off of the side.
Mikachu9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikachu9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2008 at 5:07pm
When im done modifying mine, ill put mine up too
R34P3R View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote R34P3R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2008 at 11:36pm

Still got some work to do on it. I have to add a cyclone. and idk maybe a flashlight or a foregrip i'm not sure yet.

Edited by R34P3R - 15 July 2008 at 11:37pm
Kill em all and let god sort em out
MonsterLopes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MonsterLopes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2008 at 12:00pm
Eternal_SiR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eternal_SiR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2008 at 10:48pm
i have the alpha black.. and the mods i've done to the gun is the weaver rail on the carry handle with the red dot.. cyclone feed with all the TechT mods, weaver on front hand guard with vertical fore grip, JCS Blew power tube with hexagon front bolt.  APE V.2.0 e-trigger.  For those of you who are waiting for the e-grip.. even when you get the egrip electronics with the kit.. u'll still have to cut out the battery door on your receiver.. and make 2 small cuts on the grip handle and thats it.. takes about 20mins to install a e-grip board from a 98
ThaBobsta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThaBobsta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2008 at 5:23pm
Ok guys... gotta question....
What would be better for my bravo one... keep i mind I am joining a recball team soon hopefully -> dont flame I got invited>> and I would like to know whats better....

cyclone feed mod
or getting a torque loader... I am sick of the god danges shake and shoot I have...
kurieitaa View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kurieitaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2008 at 8:29pm

Originally posted by ThaBobsta ThaBobsta wrote:

What would be better for my bravo one... keep i mind I am joining a recball team soon hopefully -> dont flame I got invited>> and I would like to know whats better....

cyclone feed mod
or getting a torque loader... I am sick of the god danges shake and shoot I have...

Cyclone.

R34P3R View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote R34P3R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2008 at 8:30pm

Originally posted by ThaBobsta ThaBobsta wrote:

cyclone feed mod

is it modded at all? because if you are adding a red dot or something like that i believe that the torque loader would get in the way, i may be wrong tho. i would recomend the cyclone, thats what im getting.

Kill em all and let god sort em out
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic