FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Mustang Project Pillar Pod P.28

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 28>
Author
.357 Magnum View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested and IP banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .357 Magnum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2008 at 10:33pm
I bet you do lol. 400 + Hp, hell I want one in my truck. I can't wait to get the tape/paper off the engine to see how it looks. We decided not to paint the water pump since it's silver and we kind of liked the thought of how it would look with the blue block.
xXK1CK1NVV1NGXx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 2, 7/17 - quote offensive post

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xXK1CK1NVV1NGXx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2008 at 10:35pm
LOL, I have a hard enough time turning the truck with my little 4 banger.

No power steering FTL.
<Sig violation, Section 1>
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested and IP banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .357 Magnum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2008 at 10:49pm
Turning vehicles that have broken power steering = PITA
ammolord View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ammolord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2008 at 1:15pm

lol, youd LOVE my 454 in my chevelle.

how much HP/Torque you goin for?

PSN Tag: AmmoLord
XBL: xXAmmoLordXx

~Minister of Tinkering With Things That Go "BOOM!"(AKA Minister of Munitions)~
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested and IP banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .357 Magnum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2008 at 2:39pm
Well, now with the heads, at least 400-ish. We will probably be a little over 400. And with our other mods, it will be a torque beast.
ammolord View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ammolord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2008 at 8:02pm

Originally posted by .357 Magnum .357 Magnum wrote:

Well, now with the heads, at least 400-ish. We will probably be a little over 400. And with our other mods, it will be a torque beast.

thats not a bad goal, it should be a beast. our 454 has 515hp and 451 foot lbs torque.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested and IP banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .357 Magnum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2008 at 9:01pm
Yea, we will most likely end up having to go with 31 spline axles and a 5-lug conversion to handle the power.
ammolord View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ammolord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2008 at 9:20pm
ya we had to switch to the 5 lugs. our axels have been ok so far, its only a matter of time though.

xXK1CK1NVV1NGXx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 2, 7/17 - quote offensive post

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xXK1CK1NVV1NGXx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2008 at 10:06pm
I just found out I am going to the junkyard this weekend, so I will hopefully be able to pick up 2 "new" doors for my truck, and a gauge cluster with a tach. I am also hoping to hunt down a new gas tank, and the power steering pump to convert my truck over. 
<Sig violation, Section 1>
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested and IP banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .357 Magnum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2008 at 10:46pm
A little update since it's been a while. We had thoughts of selling the car for a newer cleaner one. But then decided against that. We are now on the body work. We have patched some stuff with fiberglass and bondo ect. We put the replacement door skin on the drivers door where it was rusting. That came out really nice. I welded it up.

I'll get some pics up tomorrow.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested and IP banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .357 Magnum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2008 at 3:45pm
Heres some pics.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested and IP banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .357 Magnum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2008 at 9:36pm
Alrighty, another little update.

We ordered heads and sub frame connectors today.

For the heads we went with AFR Aluminum racing heads.

CNC machined and everything, really nice stuff.

Heres a link

They cost like $1,500. We got them for about $1,400. I'll make sure to get pics when they arrive. Now that we have heads this thing should start to fly back together.
RoboCop View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Aw man, my butt is rusted...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoboCop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2008 at 9:53pm
What do you plan to do with paint? Putting so much time into it wouldn't be right to just leaving it with such a beat up paint job.

SandMan:"oh yeah, sporx is totally hot"
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested and IP banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .357 Magnum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2008 at 9:56pm
We will have it painted. Just a cheaper paint job. Nothing to fancy right now.
Savage93fvss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Savage93fvss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2008 at 11:21pm
How much do you have in it as of right now. And how much do you think will be in it when it's done. (Well I know things like this are never....done.)
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested and IP banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .357 Magnum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2008 at 11:23pm
As of now I'm not sure we have sold /bought a lot so it's still pretty low. I still say it should be under $5,000 when finished.
Savage93fvss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Savage93fvss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2008 at 11:33pm

Wow, that's not bad at all. Is that including the price of the car to start with? Any idea on the man hours invested?

carl_the_sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 7/29, Bad Linky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2008 at 11:53pm
Not bad at all.

Are you making it look good on the outside too?
<just say no to unnecessarily sexualized sigs>
Styro Folme View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Styro Folme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2008 at 12:31am
Originally posted by .357 Magnum .357 Magnum wrote:

We put the replacement door skin on the drivers door where it was rusting. That came out really nice. I welded it up.

I'll get some pics up tomorrow.
If you get a custom badge/stock looking sticker that says "Rustang" i will admit that i'm really jealous your car is faster than mine.
X
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested and IP banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .357 Magnum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2008 at 2:59pm
It won't be a rustang when we are done with it. It's really not bad compared to a lot of other Fox Body mustangs.

We also got some wheels. The ones on the car right now are 14" and will just roast off so we got some 15" 10 hole rims.

Heres some random pic off the net of them on a car,

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 28>
  Share Topic