FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Mustang Project Pillar Pod P.28

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1920212223 28>
Author
JohnnyCanuck View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
In soviet Canuckistan...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyCanuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2008 at 1:18am
I agree, the car itself is ugly, I can't think of a mustang model that is uglier except maybe the mustang II, but that's my opinion, shared by many people, including mustang purists.  I hope you spend a good portion of $$ on getting a proper rear-end, traction bars and tubs so you can put some sticky fatties under it, or all you'll have is just another lead sled that sits there and spins.  That aside, nice work on the what must have been a great learning experience with you and your dad,..gj.
.357 Magnum View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested and IP banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .357 Magnum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2008 at 1:24am
Lol, no way is this thing getting slicks man. Hell, if it didn't break coming out of the water box warming up the slicks, it's do it when I launch. But I guess it all depends. If we get big into drag racing, we'll see. As for now it will have sub frame connectors. Rear end is a 8.8" If we got a ford 9" rear end and a brace up in the engine bay we could maybe get away with slicks.

It's been fun making though, should be running by the end of the week. Expect a video . Just may be open headers
blackdog144 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackdog144 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2008 at 1:28am
im starting to slowly like the fox body mustangs. they just have a different look and class of their own. Of course i am huge into fords.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested and IP banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .357 Magnum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2008 at 1:30am
I'm big into Ford's myself. Foxe's a nice cars. Only style that left the other cars styling and did well. Hell, they stuck with the body style from 79 all the way till 93 so you know people like them. 86 is my favorite though

Pariel View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested - language.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pariel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2008 at 8:15am
I saw one the other day, and it just made me think of how ugly they are.

But props for your home mechanic skills.
PaiNTbALLfReNzY View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Arsenal FC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaiNTbALLfReNzY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2008 at 8:23am
I always though the 80's Mustangs were butt ugly, but I have to say it's one of the nicer ones I've seen. Good job
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested and IP banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .357 Magnum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2008 at 10:16am
Originally posted by PaiNTbALLfReNzY PaiNTbALLfReNzY wrote:

I always though the 80's Mustangs were butt ugly, but I have to say it's one of the nicer ones I've seen. Good job

Thanks, I've been trying not to take pics of the rest of the car since the driver side fender is off. But I was doing some bondo work on it yesterday and it's just about ready to go back on soon. One it's all finished I'll pull the car out in my yard and get some pics.

Here's that fender, bondo finally getting finished on it.

Da Hui View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested, 9/13 Inappropiate post content

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Da Hui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2008 at 10:21am
I personally like the Fox body Mustangs. They are not the best looking, but they can be fast. Some kid at my school has a Red 5.0 that he has done a ton of stuff to, thing is fast as hell.

/waits for vids of yours running
XDG SCORPION View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XDG SCORPION Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2008 at 10:37am
Starting to look good.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested and IP banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .357 Magnum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2008 at 11:37am
We've decided on the tach, 5" Auto-Meter Sport Comp with external shift light, 8,000 RPM

carl_the_sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 7/29, Bad Linky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2008 at 11:40am
Originally posted by Da Hui Da Hui wrote:

I personally like the Fox body Mustangs. They are not the best looking, but they can be fast. Some kid at my school has a Red 5.0 that he has done a ton of stuff to, thing is fast as hell. /waits for vids of yours running

Just a faster way to reach the speed limit
<just say no to unnecessarily sexualized sigs>
SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2008 at 2:06pm

Originally posted by Da Hui Da Hui wrote:

I personally like the Fox body Mustangs. They are not the best looking, but they can be fast. Some kid at my school has a Red 5.0 that he has done a ton of stuff to, thing is fast as hell.

/waits for vids of yours running

5.0=302. Usually "5.0" is used with EFI and "302" with a carb, but its all the same displacement.

BTW, He has a 302

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested and IP banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .357 Magnum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2008 at 7:32pm
5.0 is used with any 5 liter engine. Some call it 302, some 5.0, doesn't matter if it's FI or carbed.

So, yes I have a 302, but it's still a 5.0L engine. Well really, after being honed it's something more like 303 but thats pointless to even say since it's such a little increase.
TheWrAith View Drop Down
Strike one, swearing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheWrAith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2008 at 7:38pm
 The car is coming along beautifully .357, That model may not be my favorite style, but it's not ugly, and what's it matter if their looking at you're tail lights anyways...

Edited by TheWrAith - 29 July 2008 at 7:39pm
Black*1* then*1* White Are*2* All I see*3* in my infancy*5* red and yellow then came to be*8* reaching out to me*5* lets me see*3*
Swing on the Spiral=
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested and IP banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .357 Magnum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2008 at 7:47pm
Originally posted by TheWrAith TheWrAith wrote:

The car is coming along beautifully .357, That model may not be my favorite style, but it's not ugly, and what's it matter if their looking at you're tail lights anyways...

Exactly , besides. I think the back end looks pretty mean, thats without the louvers on, gotta get those thing mounted on.

Oh ya, my dad and I we're discussing possibly buying a cowl and making a cowl induction hood. Maybe 4" cowl ?

ThatGuitarGuy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Square Slot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatGuitarGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2008 at 8:22pm
IMO a 4" cowl is pointless unless you have a hi-rise carb or a blower under it and you need it for hood clearance.  Get something smaller, like a 2 or 3"
Skillet:     I've never been terribly fond of the look of a vagina
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested and IP banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .357 Magnum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2008 at 9:33pm
The smallest we'd go is 2". But a 4 would get some flow and with the air cleaner we have, it'd be getting some air.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested and IP banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .357 Magnum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2008 at 11:13pm
Mounted our MSD 6AL and put the MSD plug wires on.

Should be ordering stuff from summit tomorrow, exhaust stuff, strut tower brace, tach ect.
Rambino View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
I am even less fun in person

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rambino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2008 at 11:56pm

Originally posted by .357 Magnum .357 Magnum wrote:

We've decided on the tach, 5" Auto-Meter Sport Comp with external shift light, 8,000 RPM

That engine redlines at 8?

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested and IP banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .357 Magnum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2008 at 12:10am
No, we're going to set the shift light for 6,000 RPM. Our MSD Box (see above picture) has chips that limit the revs, we'll probably get a 6,500 RPM chip and set the shift light for 6,000. Why get a 10,000-12,000 RPM tach when you're only revving to 6k ? Another nice thing about the box, when we get the front end alignment, paint and what not done, we can pull the chip, and put in a 3,000 RPM one so the goons working on the car can't hot rod around with it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1920212223 28>
  Share Topic