FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Mustang Project Pillar Pod P.28

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 25262728>
Author
.357 Magnum View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested and IP banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .357 Magnum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2008 at 12:54am
That really sucks man. I started doing advanced things in my first year( such as assembling my teachers car by myself. I put the engine in myself, made a wiring harness, changed all the axle shafts ect.)

Hopefully I'll do some more competitions next year and get some scholarship $$$
Styro Folme View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Styro Folme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2008 at 1:15am
Originally posted by .357 Magnum .357 Magnum wrote:

That really sucks man. I started doing advanced things in my first year( such as assembling my teachers car by myself. I put the engine in myself, made a wiring harness, changed all the axle shafts ect.)

I changed the oil on my instructor's F350.  It was surprisingly a pain in the ass.  I don't think I'm cut out for the career in the first place.  I'm more of a hobbiest anyway.

I still really wanted to take that class anyway.
xXK1CK1NVV1NGXx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 2, 7/17 - quote offensive post

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xXK1CK1NVV1NGXx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2008 at 2:11am
Originally posted by Styro Folme Styro Folme wrote:

I changed the oil on my instructor's F350.  It was surprisingly a pain in the ass.  I don't think I'm cut out for the career in the first place.  I'm more of a hobbiest anyway.

I still really wanted to take that class anyway.

I will be taking an autobody class hopefully next year. Also this reminds me, I need to change my oil tomorrow.
<Sig violation, Section 1>
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested and IP banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .357 Magnum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2008 at 10:48am
Don't stop fighting for the class, if it's there you should be able to take it.
Bunkered View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
What AM I smoking?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bunkered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2008 at 11:19am

That really sucks man. I started doing advanced things in my first year( such as assembling my teachers car by myself. I put the engine in myself, made a wiring harness, changed all the axle shafts ect.)Hopefully I'll do some more competitions next year and get some scholarship $$$
I changed the oil on my instructor's F350. It was surprisingly a pain in the ass. I don't think I'm cut out for the career in the first place. I'm more of a hobbiest anyway.I still really wanted to take that class anyway.

I'm unfamiliar with the F350, but changing the oil on anything isn't exactly rocket science.
Moose707 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moose707 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2008 at 11:29am
I told you that thing was gonna be friggen loud.. Try driving down the highway with those resonators...  Plus it sound like you got some monster gears in that thing so maybe no highway for you... Nicely done though. Congrats!!
Previously ekeboo
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested and IP banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .357 Magnum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2008 at 11:32am
Yea, we hit 4th gear cruising down the dirt road to hit pavement. It's always in 5th.
Zata View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2008 at 11:42am
In your defense 357 (from everyone including myself saying your car is ugly), I saw a really sharp one come into my work the other day.  It didn't have rims or a hood scoop or anything.  From the outside, it just looked stocked, but very clean and it looked like it was taken care of really well.  So I'd say that these cars actually have some potential as far as looks go.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested and IP banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .357 Magnum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2008 at 11:51am
Theres a site I'm a member for cars like mine, 79-86. Theres a guy on there name Pete AKA Hissing Cobra, this is his 79 Cobra.

Da Hui View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested, 9/13 Inappropiate post content

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Da Hui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2008 at 11:52am
If that was my Mustang, I would try to make it look as close to stock as possible on the outside with a matte black paint job.

Complete Sleeper.

I'm still wanting videos of that thing in action man.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested and IP banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .357 Magnum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2008 at 12:00pm
The pics of that yellow Cobra is stock other than the larger tires and ford motorsport spoiler, they had that giant snake on the hood from the factory.
Styro Folme View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Styro Folme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2008 at 6:57pm
Originally posted by Bunkered Bunkered wrote:

That really sucks man. I started doing advanced things in my first year( such as assembling my teachers car by myself. I put the engine in myself, made a wiring harness, changed all the axle shafts ect.)Hopefully I'll do some more competitions next year and get some scholarship $$$
I changed the oil on my instructor's F350. It was surprisingly a pain in the ass. I don't think I'm cut out for the career in the first place. I'm more of a hobbiest anyway.I still really wanted to take that class anyway.

I'm unfamiliar with the F350, but changing the oil on anything isn't exactly rocket science.

Exactly, but the filters on the F350 are HUGE.  Trying to get that thing unscrewed and not spilling a gallon of oil in your face while the oil is leaking down your hands and into your sleeves is a pain in the ass.  Not to mention, holding the actual filter while your hands are coated with motor oil can be tricky. 

Yes, I change my oil myself regularly.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested and IP banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .357 Magnum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2008 at 8:06pm
Alright, just took another video It's uploading right now, got some revving in it and a good long listen to the exhaust.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested and IP banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .357 Magnum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2008 at 1:18am
New video, includes idle and some revs, I made it so you can hear the exhaust a bit longer than the other vids.

Link to video.

t_hop View Drop Down
Streike 1, 5/16 filter dodge/inapp. link

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_hop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2008 at 1:25am

lol at (needs some adjustment)

"I'm here to kick ass and chew bubblegum, and I'm all out of bubblegum."
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested and IP banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .357 Magnum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2008 at 1:30am
We got it to idle a little bit lower, now it's at 650-750RPM

Edited by .357 Magnum - 13 August 2008 at 1:31am
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested and IP banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .357 Magnum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2008 at 11:31am
Tail pipes have arrived. Should quite it down a bit.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested and IP banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .357 Magnum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2008 at 12:29am
Well, we got the tail pipes on. it really helped out. Still loud as hell but only from behind. Not so loud inside the car anymore. We're pleased.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested and IP banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .357 Magnum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2008 at 7:59pm
Since some people have become annoyed with me mentioning the car I'm just adding stuff to the pre-existing thread so stop your complaining.

We have ordered a dual A-pillar pod, like this for the car,

And I also took some pictures now that the car is all put back together (hood, windshield ect.) We're still working on making the cowl induction hood.

Edited by .357 Magnum - 30 August 2008 at 8:00pm
evillepaintball View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not sexy - only dangerous to self

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evillepaintball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2008 at 8:11pm
new wheels for the love of god.  also that tach, looks tacky as hell.  and you should remove the turbo tag, considering it isnt.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 25262728>
  Share Topic