FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Mustang Project Pillar Pod P.28

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 28>
Author
.357 Magnum View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested and IP banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .357 Magnum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2008 at 10:05pm
Was nice seeing it off the engine stand,

Then this happened,

It really sucks that those things stripped. So heres a pic of a flower I took for no particular reason besides being bored.

Predatorr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Predatorr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2008 at 10:23pm
what was stripped???
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested and IP banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .357 Magnum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2008 at 10:38pm
Hole in the crankshaft for the flywheel bolts. Kind of important. We think we know how to fix it. Since the other bolts were too short, they only stripped a little bit of thread. So if we get bolts slightly longer than stock, they will grab more thread. Thus making up for lost threads.
JohnnyCanuck View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
In soviet Canuckistan...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyCanuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2008 at 2:05am
those look like heli-coils....why?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested and IP banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .357 Magnum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2008 at 11:57am
It's the thread the bolts chewed off, after we pulled the bolts out those threads were stuck to it. The stock bolts will still thread into the holes farther in.
Skillet42565 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Actuarry itís Skirret

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skillet42565 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2008 at 12:38pm
Still ugly.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested and IP banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .357 Magnum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2008 at 12:45pm
Originally posted by Skillet42565 Skillet42565 wrote:

Still ugly.

Thats your opinion and you're entitled to it.
RoboCop View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Aw man, my butt is rusted...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoboCop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2008 at 10:01pm
I think it is funny how everything seemed to go along well and once it is really coming together, various things begin to go wrong.
It sucks though.

SandMan:"oh yeah, sporx is totally hot"
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested and IP banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .357 Magnum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2008 at 10:07pm
Yea, got the trans on tonight, uploading pics.

Side note, just curled my toe, a piece of wire from a wire wheel must of got in my shoe, well it's now embedded deep in my foot. Hurts like crazy.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested and IP banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .357 Magnum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2008 at 11:05pm
Trans is on,

Flywheel on,

Longer grade 8 bolts we used,

Crank from the 87,

Showing how the holes go through, allowing for a longer bolt,

87 motor,

Clutch on the motor,

Trans on,

Hurst shifter,

Now excuse me as I eat my steak

Uncle Rudder View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 1 6/25

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uncle Rudder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2008 at 11:18pm
Not my personal favorite year for the mustang but damn man.  You are doing one hell of a job and my hat is truely off to you on this one.  Keep up the good work. 
Ace_Of_Spades View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested, Doesnt follow Rules. 9/10/08

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ace_Of_Spades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2008 at 11:19pm
if only he was that enthusiastic about paintball guns...
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested and IP banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .357 Magnum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2008 at 11:29pm
Originally posted by Uncle Rudder Uncle Rudder wrote:

Not my personal favorite year for the mustang but damn man.  You are doing one hell of a job and my hat is truely off to you on this one.  Keep up the good work. 

Appreciated

So yea, as long as everything goes ok, expect the motor to be in car the day after tomorrow, I'm kind of excited now this thing is wrapping up.
Rambino View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
I am even less fun in person

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rambino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2008 at 11:32pm

Ditto.

choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2008 at 11:42pm
Originally posted by Rambino Rambino wrote:

Not my personal favorite year for the mustang but damn man. You are doing one hell of a job and my hat is truely off to you on this one. Keep up the good work.

Ditto.

That about sums it up. It's fugly as all hell, but the amount of work is impressive.
Pariel View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested - language.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pariel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2008 at 11:42pm
I'm impressed. Lookin' clean.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested and IP banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .357 Magnum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2008 at 11:46pm
Oh ya, also got the brakes bleed today, just used gravity and forced fluid through the lines, maybe I'll put the sway bar end links on tomorrow, I keep putting it off and working on the motor.
Zata View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2008 at 12:30am
This thread sucks for me because I don't know jack about engines/cars in general.  I can still appreciate the work though, nice job.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested and IP banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .357 Magnum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2008 at 12:33am
Originally posted by Zata Zata wrote:

This thread sucks for me because I don't know jack about engines/cars in general.  I can still appreciate the work though, nice job.

Thanks,

You're from Michigan right ? Do you ever go to woodward for the cruise ? Is so who knows, maybe you'll see us cruising.
Zata View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2008 at 12:37am
Originally posted by .357 Magnum .357 Magnum wrote:

Originally posted by Zata Zata wrote:

Thanks,

You're from Michigan right ? Do you ever go to woodward for the cruise ? Is so who knows, maybe you'll see us cruising.

Yeah, I'm from the Port Huron area.  I probably won't be doing the Woodward, but who knows.  Are you hitting up the main one, cause they do one like every Friday now I've been told.   I'm getting my car ready for the Port Huron one this Friday though.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 28>
  Share Topic