FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Mustang Project Pillar Pod P.28

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 28>
Author
Predatorr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Predatorr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2008 at 12:01pm
Good deal.
How about paint?
Upholstery?

.357 Magnum View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested and IP banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .357 Magnum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2008 at 12:11pm
For now, we'll spray that door skin I welded on(pics in the thread somewhere) Then where we put a little bondo at and that will be it for now. Maybe a Macco job ? A good paint job is easily over $2000 so we just want to get by on paint for now. Nice paint job or not it'll be more of a sleeper since not many people notice the look of the car as a mustang.

Interior is really nice for it's age, no discoloration, no rips or tears so it's staying.

Welded plates

Interior,

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested and IP banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .357 Magnum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2008 at 12:25pm
A couple quick shots of the brake setup,

Bondo on fender, still needs to be sanded down,

And my parents just got home so we're going to put the motor back together in a few mins, here's how it sits now,

ammolord View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ammolord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2008 at 12:31pm

nice

PSN Tag: AmmoLord
XBL: xXAmmoLordXx

~Minister of Tinkering With Things That Go "BOOM!"(AKA Minister of Munitions)~
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested and IP banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .357 Magnum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2008 at 11:01pm
Alright, got the motor back together for the most part. Put rings on pistons, put pistons back in torqued everything down, oil pick-up is in and torqued down, oil pan is on and torqued down. Have to do a little research on head gaskets for something that just came up. So all thats left is heads, roller rockers and intake. Should be all done tomorrow. Expect (hopefully) pics of the motor with the trans attached by the end of the day tomorrow.

Only other real pic I took today with my phone of our new 1-piece oil pan gasket.

Styro Folme View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Styro Folme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2008 at 11:26pm
Very nice.  Good to see updates.  
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested and IP banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .357 Magnum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2008 at 11:37pm
Yea the head gasket issue kind of irks me. Hopefully we can get the high performance ones tomorrow or the top end will have to wait another day or two.
Predatorr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Predatorr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2008 at 11:42pm
I'm curious, instead of doing all the engine resto and dropping everything in, how come you didn't do all of the bondo, sanding, body reshaping, etc. and then repaint the engine bay, chassis, underside of the car?  It would look incredibly professional if you did.  And since you want a sleeper, it wouldn't be visible to any passers by.
Pretty nice setup you'll have.

remind me again of the numbers you're looking at?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested and IP banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .357 Magnum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2008 at 11:46pm
Well there won't be unfinished bondo if thats what you're thinking. We're more concerned with the motor right now rather than how the car itself looks. As far as power goes. Some speed shops say 300-400HP depending on the shop. Honestly though. Horsepower is really nothing. What really matters is your quarter mile time. Some mustang guys on line have said it should eat Vettes like candy.
Predatorr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Predatorr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2008 at 12:08am
Damn.  I'm sure it'll be an amazing sleeper, and without a doubt, I'd like to see some video of you burning some tool at a red light. 

Yeah, I'd just hate to see unfinished bondo or something after a project like that.  Still, impressive build.  So have you finally reached a total cost, donor car and all?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested and IP banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .357 Magnum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2008 at 12:16am
Yea/ we still have a few little things to spray before we're done with the body work. As far as total cost. Really not sure of the exact amount right now. At least $3,000 in the motor alone, car cost $1000, but we've sold stuff off it so I think the car is would equal like $500 or so right now. The 87 cost $800, but we've sold it's rear end and trans so it's not that much either.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested and IP banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .357 Magnum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2008 at 1:46am
About to go to bed, was messing with photobucket image editing and came up with this. I like it a lot, what do you guys think ?

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested and IP banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .357 Magnum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2008 at 1:53am
Meh, Can't get the right size of it, photobuckets being stupid right now, here is what I used it for though,

Link

I think it looks decent. I've never done a background like that for youtube.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested and IP banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .357 Magnum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2008 at 12:20pm
Alright, dad went up north today since our cottage needs to be repainted. So the project is on hold until tomorrow. We did get our head gaskets ordered today so they will be in first thing tomorrow morning.

Oh ya, got the full size pic,

You Wont See Me View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Found in Big Al’s underwear drawer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Wont See Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2008 at 9:24pm
Its looking good. Like previously stated I hope so see some vids once its completed.

How are the tires on that? I don't remember if you got new ones for it or not.
A-5
E-Grip
JCS Dual Trigger
DOP X-CORE 8 stage x-chamber
Lapco Bigshot 14" Beadblasted

Optional setup:
R/T
Dead on Blade trigger
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested and IP banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .357 Magnum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2008 at 12:36am
We  got used tires with lots of tread. I mounted and balanced them myself.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested and IP banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .357 Magnum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2008 at 1:50pm
Just finished getting the heads on. Gotta run to the speed shop and get a different intake manifold gasket. I should have some new pics later tonight.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested and IP banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .357 Magnum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2008 at 12:46am
Got everything bolted/torqued down. Distributor and carb are just sitting on it.

And I got bored again...

I think the sketches are cool.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested and IP banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .357 Magnum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2008 at 12:38pm
Alright, our order from summit came today,

New Grant Formula GT Steering Wheel,

Of course they make you pay more for the installation kit,

Summit Fender Cover,

MSD Super Conductor Plug Wires,

Dynomax Bullet Mufflers, 2 1/5" In and out,3" Case,

Inside the mufflers,

Ace_Of_Spades View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested, Doesnt follow Rules. 9/10/08

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ace_Of_Spades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2008 at 4:26pm
the engine is the best pic so far
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 28>
  Share Topic