FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Mustang Project Pillar Pod P.28

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 28>
Author
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2008 at 9:18pm
Originally posted by SSOK SSOK wrote:

Three color desert would look sick on that mustang.

Hahahahahahhahha
.357 Magnum View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested and IP banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .357 Magnum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2008 at 11:35pm
Originally posted by GI JOES SON GI JOES SON wrote:

now i'm curious. what sort of MPG are you expecting from this and are there certain parts you could buy (since you're doing this from scratch essentially) to help increase the MPG?

Honestly, I'm not sure what kind of MPG it will get. I can tell you it will be crap since it will be a high performance Carbed V8 that will not be driven in a manner focused for economy. It will be getting a whole lot of heavy throttle.

But yes you could get parts to help on gas. Really even on a regular car. A after market exhaust, can help. Along with an intake.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested and IP banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .357 Magnum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2008 at 11:49pm
Well bad news. Someone from another forum brought something to my attention. I spent the day tearing the motor back down and removing the pistons, have to have the connecting rods reconditioned.
xXK1CK1NVV1NGXx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 2, 7/17 - quote offensive post

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xXK1CK1NVV1NGXx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2008 at 1:11am
Why?
<Sig violation, Section 1>
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested and IP banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .357 Magnum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2008 at 1:25am
Because we had to press in the studs for the caps on the rods and that process disfigures the hole, so they must be made true and round again.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xXK1CK1NVV1NGXx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2008 at 7:56am
LOL, didn't someone say you would probably have to tear down the engine once you got it all together.
Gator Taco View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gator Taco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2008 at 7:59am
Originally posted by .357 Magnum .357 Magnum wrote:

But yes you could get parts to help on gas. Really even on a regular car. A after market exhaust, can help. Along with an intake.

I'm gonna debate that statement. Even if you did see an increase in MPG from the use of an Intake or Exhaust system, your not going to save any money at all.
RoboCop View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Aw man, my butt is rusted...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoboCop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2008 at 9:15am
Originally posted by Gator Taco Gator Taco wrote:

I'm gonna debate that statement. Even if you did see an increase in MPG from the use of an Intake or Exhaust system, your not going to save any money at all.
You never know how fast gas prices are going to go up and every mile counts. Anyways you get the cool sound of the intake for the engine department and the nice roar of the exhaust. Isn't that what really matters?

SandMan:"oh yeah, sporx is totally hot"
JohnnyCanuck View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
In soviet Canuckistan...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyCanuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2008 at 9:54am
did you plasitgage the connecting rod bearings and the mains?  such a cheap and easy thing to do and can prevent all that work being ruined by bad clearences.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested and IP banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .357 Magnum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2008 at 10:22am
We've got pastiguage. We did just end up polishing the crank.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gator Taco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2008 at 10:32am
Originally posted by RoboCop RoboCop wrote:

You never know how fast gas prices are going to go up and every mile counts. Anyways you get the cool sound of the intake for the engine department and the nice roar of the exhaust. Isn't that what really matters?

The amount of MPG you will gain and money saved will take quite awhile to offset the amout of cash you dropped on the I/E.

Don't put either on to effect gas mileage, its not worth the money.

Now sound/performance gains are different.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested and IP banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .357 Magnum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2008 at 10:35am
Really your logic is flawed taco, those items will increase MPG, will it pay itself off ? Not quickly, but it still increases MPG.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gator Taco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2008 at 10:38am

Really your logic is flawed taco, those items will increase MPG, will it pay itself off ? Not quickly, but it still increases MPG.

The amount of MPG you will gain and money saved will take quite awhile to offset the amount of cash you dropped on the I/E.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested and IP banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .357 Magnum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2008 at 10:44am
Yea but he wasn't really asking about price. He asked if there are parts that can increase fuel efficiency, and there are. One thing I forgot to mention was a programmer, super chip sells one. You plug it into you CPU port and upload programs, they have an economy setting. But it cost about $300 if not more. But you can tune it to different gas octanes or for performance or econ ect.
RoboCop View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Aw man, my butt is rusted...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoboCop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2008 at 11:33am
Not to mention that it will extend the life of your vehicle if done properly so you don't hydrolock or something.

SandMan:"oh yeah, sporx is totally hot"
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested and IP banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .357 Magnum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2008 at 10:34pm
Alrighty, got the gas tank in tonight. A little custom fabrication was required.

Brackets we made for the straps.

Made spacers for the inner side,

Tank prior to going in (we did put some padding on it)

Tank installed,

And the filter,

Pretty happy with it. Seems solid.

Edited by .357 Magnum - 28 June 2008 at 12:32pm
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested and IP banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .357 Magnum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2008 at 2:59pm
Couple things I forgot,

Since the drag strip doesn't allow more than 12" of rubber hose for fuel lines we got this aluminum line,

And we also got a polyurethane transmission mount,

Edited by .357 Magnum - 28 June 2008 at 3:00pm
You Wont See Me View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Found in Big Al’s underwear drawer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Wont See Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2008 at 3:31pm
What else do you have left to go before she's operational? I haven't been keeping up with the project

Edited by You Wont See Me - 28 June 2008 at 3:32pm
A-5
E-Grip
JCS Dual Trigger
DOP X-CORE 8 stage x-chamber
Lapco Bigshot 14" Beadblasted

Optional setup:
R/T
Dead on Blade trigger
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested and IP banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .357 Magnum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2008 at 3:52pm
Install fuel line, brakes line. Put motor back together (erg) then put the motor and trans in. Not much at all. Oh yea, sway bar end links as well but thats a half hour job tops. Not even that.

Going to put some bondo on the drivers side fender today, I'll get before and after pics.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xXK1CK1NVV1NGXx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2008 at 7:42pm
So why did you go with a gas tank instead of a fuel cell?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 28>
  Share Topic