FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Mustang Project Pillar Pod P.28

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 28>
Author
xXK1CK1NVV1NGXx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 2, 7/17 - quote offensive post

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xXK1CK1NVV1NGXx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2008 at 9:41pm
Well, I have gained a lot of car knowledge just by doing it, if you want to
learn how to do stuff on your car I just suggest picking up a Hanes manual
from any autoparts store and reading it cover to cover. That is what I did for
my truck, if I really wanted to I could probably go out right now and began
to pull the engine and start a rebuild on it. That is how good the hanes
manuals are, they are very detailed and will tell you everything from where
to jack up the car, to how to rebuild the engine.
<Sig violation, Section 1>
GI JOES SON View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Got me flowers for my birthday

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GI JOES SON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2008 at 9:47pm
do they have hanes manuals for specific cars or are they general for trucks, sedans, etc?
xXK1CK1NVV1NGXx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 2, 7/17 - quote offensive post

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xXK1CK1NVV1NGXx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2008 at 2:09am
They are usually made fore specific cars, but most of them will cover a range of cars if that makes sense. For instance, mine covers the b2200 and b2600 from whenever to whenever, and considering most cars are very similar in how they operate than reading the one for you car would be helpful to you in the long run. Also, like I said the best way to learn is with the wrench in hand, if your car isn't that bad off than just find a beater car with a few friend and try to get it running again.
<Sig violation, Section 1>
ammolord View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ammolord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2008 at 11:28am
get a 6 speed sequential tranny.
PSN Tag: AmmoLord
XBL: xXAmmoLordXx

~Minister of Tinkering With Things That Go "BOOM!"(AKA Minister of Munitions)~
.357 Magnum View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested and IP banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .357 Magnum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2008 at 12:01pm
Originally posted by GI JOES SON GI JOES SON wrote:

do they have hanes manuals for specific cars or are they general for trucks, sedans, etc?

As you can see they make them for just about every vehicle made. Stop in at auto zone or any auto repair store and they should have a shelf full of the repair manuals for every vehicle manufacture. If you just need to know how to change oil ect. There are some good website that would explain how and the importance of oil and what weight you would need.

(it's not haynes but it's for our car)

kurieitaa View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kurieitaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2008 at 12:21pm
tho's haynes books are the best.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested and IP banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .357 Magnum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2008 at 12:31pm
Yup, they're good for a lot of stuff.
kurieitaa View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kurieitaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2008 at 12:48pm
yea your car is comming along nicely.
Gator Taco View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gator Taco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2008 at 12:49pm
Look for an online club of forum for your vehicle. I'm a member of several Toyota and Tacoma (and FJC) Forums. The best way to learn about your vehicle is to learn from those who have done it. Seven months ago I knew just about nothing about my Truck, now I plan on doing all the crap in my sig in my driveway. Goes to show you how much info you can learn if you really want to.

Also, look for the service guide for your vehicle online. I have the service guide from Toyota for both gen 1 and gen 2 Taco's in a .pdf file on my computer. Its pretty helpful.
merc View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
American Scotchy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote merc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2008 at 12:54pm
if you guys can, get the dealers manuals. they are SO much better than the haynes...

my haynes for my malibu was like 1.25" thick... the dealer book i have is 3 books at 2"each. 1 for engine/mechanical, 1 for body/electrical, and 1 for transmission.

i had a box of about 100books in total and my mom put um out on the curb... the grand prix set was in it and i would easily spend 750$ to get it back...

rentacar places might have them laying around or car shops... every thing is done online now. but maybe you can buy the book at the dealer.
saving the world, one warship at a time.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested and IP banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .357 Magnum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2008 at 1:16pm
Originally posted by merc merc wrote:

if you guys can, get the dealers manuals. they are SO much better than the haynes...

my haynes for my malibu was like 1.25" thick... the dealer book i have is 3 books at 2"each. 1 for engine/mechanical, 1 for body/electrical, and 1 for transmission.

i had a box of about 100books in total and my mom put um out on the curb... the grand prix set was in it and i would easily spend 750$ to get it back...

rentacar places might have them laying around or car shops... every thing is done online now. but maybe you can buy the book at the dealer.

This is true, but those manuals are so damn expensive it isn't funny. I'm sure the haynes would be enough for what he would ever need to do.
Gator Taco View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gator Taco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2008 at 1:16pm
Originally posted by .357 Magnum .357 Magnum wrote:

Originally posted by merc merc wrote:

This is true, but those manuals are so damn expensive it isn't funny. I'm sure the haynes would be enough for what he would ever need to do.

I got my dealer manual for free.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested and IP banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .357 Magnum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2008 at 1:20pm
If you went and bought the manual the mechanics at the dealership use, you would be paying a whole lot. For a new one.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested and IP banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .357 Magnum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2008 at 2:46pm
Alright, push rods and Lash wrench came today.

Push rods are heat treated (Hardened) and mad of Chromoly.

And here's the lash wrench.

How it's used. Basically just makes it a little easier with the wrench. It's used to remove the lash from the push rod when setting up the rockers.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested and IP banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .357 Magnum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2008 at 2:48pm
P.S. Those push rods in the pictures aren't the hardened trick flow ones, they're stockers.
ammolord View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ammolord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2008 at 2:58pm
eh, not to bad. when you plan on puttin it in??

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested and IP banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .357 Magnum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2008 at 2:59pm
Gotta put the new gas tank and brake lines in and we should be good to go.
ammolord View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ammolord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2008 at 3:00pm
sweet.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested and IP banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .357 Magnum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2008 at 3:03pm
Just found a little rubber cover for the lash wrench, it looks a bit better with it on lol.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested and IP banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .357 Magnum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2008 at 11:58pm
Well alright, we got the Roller Rockers on tonight, along with the new dipstick. So I have some picture of that. We also set the valve covers and intake on so I took some pics. But they still need to be bolted down. We're pretty much done with the motor now. We really just need to order a clutch and we're set. Still have to route the fuel lines after we install the tank and do the brake line but thats it. Also the sway bar end links but it's all little odds and ends now. So here's the pics,

Roller rockers are installed,

Valve covers and intake sitting on but not bolted down,

And the dipstick,

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 28>
  Share Topic