FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Mustang Project Pillar Pod P.28

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 28>
Author
.357 Magnum View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested and IP banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .357 Magnum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2008 at 9:41am
Well I noticed I never really put up pics of the interior so heres some other old pics,

Heat controls

Obviously glove box is not in for this pic,

Note spot where door handle is

Side of door,

Back seat,

Edited by .357 Magnum - 14 June 2008 at 9:41am
xXK1CK1NVV1NGXx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 2, 7/17 - quote offensive post

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xXK1CK1NVV1NGXx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2008 at 9:42am
Dude, that interior pattern is epic.
<Sig violation, Section 1>
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested and IP banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .357 Magnum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2008 at 9:44am
Couple others,

DeTrevni View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2008 at 10:07am
I have to say, the houndstooth interior is amazing.
Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested and IP banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .357 Magnum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2008 at 10:11am
Yea, I couldn't figure it out when I first saw it. I was like who the hell orders that interior ? But it's grown on me.
merc View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
American Scotchy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote merc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2008 at 10:48am
needs a new spedo...

IMO stangs look best white with blue trim
saving the world, one warship at a time.
SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2008 at 10:53am

The seats might be kinda rare.

Could you have ordered that with power windows? If it was available you should get some repro power window panels/kits. I know the kits themselves are inexpensive for my truck.

Gator Taco View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gator Taco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2008 at 10:53am
Your gonna need some new gauges for sure.

Something tells me that your Mustang will do over 80MPH easily
merc View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
American Scotchy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote merc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2008 at 10:56am
^maybe not with that speedometer. i know on some of the newer fords they have a limit switch built in to govern your top speed. unhook the speedometer go faster
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested and IP banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .357 Magnum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2008 at 12:07pm
^ lol, it's going to be carbed so no governor man. We will proably get the Ford Motorsport 140 MPH Speedo.
Predatorr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Predatorr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2008 at 12:14pm
the engine work looks hawt
I'd definitely redo the entire inside though
along with bondo and resto on the outside
when you're done that's gonna be a beast
i've been really impressed with the build dude, keep it up!!
holysmartone View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
1 strike- language in posted image 6/9

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote holysmartone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2008 at 12:31pm
I like how its coming along. Its gonna haul some serious ass.
At the same time, the body of that car is ass ugly. You picked the worst body style to redo, in my opinion. But some people like that style. Either way, nice job. Id like to see it on a dyno when your done.
RoboCop View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Aw man, my butt is rusted...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoboCop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2008 at 12:38pm
You should bring it into an engine dyno place and have them tune everything to get the most out of it.

SandMan:"oh yeah, sporx is totally hot"
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested and IP banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .357 Magnum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2008 at 12:50pm
Might have it dynoed later on. The motor is going to need to be broken in and they really push the motor when you dyno a car. As for the looks, as I said they tend to look horrible in pictures. But in real life it looks the same as any other fox body.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested and IP banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .357 Magnum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2008 at 1:15pm
Oh ya, to you guys who think the early fox bodies are ugly, wait until you see a Mustang II. They look horrid in person,

This is a 1974

MeanMan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MeanMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2008 at 2:55pm

Well yeah, thats the Ghia, theres that and one other ugly version of the Mustang II.

Look at the fastback, cobra, or 2+2.  They actually look nice.

I looked into the 75 Fastback quite a bit.  There was a 75 Mustang II for sale around me for $2k, no pictures online though, and just said 20k miles and little rust.  No specifics on styles or anything else, I was ready to go see it for $2k.

I call the guy, I ask "What body style is it?  Fastback, Ghia, 2+2, something else..?"

Guess what he said........... "Uh, It has a trunk".

I hung up on him.  I decided I would just wait until my dad hands me the keys to his 72 Pontiac in like 20 years, and just wait till my 3rd car and buy something nice I can keep as a "other" car for the rest of my life, have fun in it.

Edited by MeanMan - 14 June 2008 at 2:57pm

hybrid-sniper~"To be honest, if I see a player still using an Impulse I'm going to question their motives."
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested and IP banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .357 Magnum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2008 at 3:55pm
So it was a notch ?
MeanMan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MeanMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2008 at 4:26pm

What do you mean it was a notch?

I decided I would hold off for a couple of years.  The Mustang was a Ghia.

hybrid-sniper~"To be honest, if I see a player still using an Impulse I'm going to question their motives."
merc View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
American Scotchy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote merc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2008 at 7:04pm
notch backs are reg coupes not fastbacks/sportroof...
GI JOES SON View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Got me flowers for my birthday

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GI JOES SON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2008 at 7:22pm
car looks good, i like the interior on that.

just curious, i'm guessing you got a lot of your car knowledge from your dad. my question is, if i were to learn about cars and how to maintain them (in general, like oil changes-i know how to do that though) what books/websites would you recommend to read?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 28>
  Share Topic