FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Mustang Project Pillar Pod P.28

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 28>
Author
.357 Magnum View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested and IP banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .357 Magnum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2008 at 2:40pm
Originally posted by Glassjaw Glassjaw wrote:

Every time I enter this thread and see the pictures of your garage I think it's your kitchen because of the cabinets.  It always throws me off.

Yea, when the previous owners remodeled the kitchen they just put the old stuff down in the garage. If you notice the big piece of plywood on the counter top, it's covering the hole for the kitchen sink.

As for the blocks, I hate them, but we have 2 cinders and you can't see the top of them which has a 3-4" solid block with a piece of wood on top. The car is light enough for me to lift an end off the blocks and scoot around.

And for some reason they never look good in picture. It's something you must see in person to appreciate. Before we went to look at it I searched up 1979 cobra and was wow thats fugly but then when I saw it in person I loved it.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested and IP banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .357 Magnum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2008 at 11:00pm
Got the oil pan on and the heads are also torqued down.

Gator Taco View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gator Taco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2008 at 11:05pm
Originally posted by choopie911 choopie911 wrote:

Originally posted by impulse! impulse! wrote:

Is that a nitrous bottle i see? Haha jk.

Sorry, but CHRIST that thing is ugly.

They can look awesome when they have a decent paint job on them. Last year there was guy at my school who had one that was pushing 400 something whp and it was a damn beast.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested and IP banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .357 Magnum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2008 at 11:16pm
Yea, it doesn't help when it's sitting up on blocks. I hate looking at it sitting on blocks. And a lot of foxes are beasts. They don't weigh much.

Not to mention the motor, as you can see in those engine pic, the heads are really going to make it.
MeanMan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MeanMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2008 at 11:28pm
Wow, your engine is so shiny... Beautiful.

hybrid-sniper~"To be honest, if I see a player still using an Impulse I'm going to question their motives."
ANARCHY_SCOUT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
strike 1 1/24 rudeness to newer members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ANARCHY_SCOUT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2008 at 11:37pm
I hope it hauls ass otherwise, was it worth it?
Gamertag: Kataklysm999
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested and IP banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .357 Magnum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2008 at 11:44pm
Originally posted by ANARCHY_SCOUT ANARCHY_SCOUT wrote:

Oh don't worry, it'll haul ass and then some.

And yes it's worth it.
ammolord View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ammolord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2008 at 12:05am

sexy

my chevelle would take it

PSN Tag: AmmoLord
XBL: xXAmmoLordXx

~Minister of Tinkering With Things That Go "BOOM!"(AKA Minister of Munitions)~
Gator Taco View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gator Taco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2008 at 12:09am
Just thinking aloud here....

It would look badass if you did it in a matte black.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested and IP banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .357 Magnum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2008 at 12:12am
Yea, I'm a big fan of sleeper/unfinished look.

I think even primer gray would be cool but that won't happen. I think we're going to stick with black though.
ammolord View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ammolord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2008 at 12:24am
ya the flat/satan black would look awsome.
PSN Tag: AmmoLord
XBL: xXAmmoLordXx

~Minister of Tinkering With Things That Go "BOOM!"(AKA Minister of Munitions)~
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ANARCHY_SCOUT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2008 at 12:36am
Originally posted by .357 Magnum .357 Magnum wrote:

Originally posted by ANARCHY_SCOUT ANARCHY_SCOUT wrote:

Oh don't worry, it'll haul ass and then some.

And yes it's worth it.
I've been a big fan of this project since the initial post, I just love Mustangs. Might I say it would look very nice with either a metallic black or a formula one red.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested and IP banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .357 Magnum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2008 at 12:43am
Well for moneys sake we will probably go with a cheaper black paint job at first. A good paint job isn't cheap so I figure we get it painted cheap, put some though into what we really want, save up cash and get it done up nicely.

Thanks for watching the build. Smile
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ANARCHY_SCOUT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2008 at 12:46am
Course but you gotta get some specs up once its done maybe take it out to the local track and get some videos haha.
notXXscared View Drop Down

Strike 1, 8-21 Language

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notXXscared Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2008 at 12:47am
Black car, dark tints, and smoked out lights, would look balller.

Previously DYE PLAYA
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested and IP banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .357 Magnum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2008 at 12:49am
If by local track you mean deserted back roads and burnouts then sure 

I'm really wanting to get it done now ! All we need to do is order push rods and we will have all the parts to assemble the motor. Other than that we need to mount the new gas tank, run fuel lines and new brake lines and we're pretty much ready to put it all back together and start it up.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ANARCHY_SCOUT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2008 at 12:51am
I don't wanna high jack the thread but I'm thinking of redoing a 65 ~ 69 Impala. Of course with a 350 V8 in it, what do you think?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested and IP banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .357 Magnum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2008 at 12:55am
That'd be sweet, if you go to google images and put in 1965 impala the 3rd car on the first row is pretty sweet looking, it's a white 2 door. Do you have the car yet ?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ANARCHY_SCOUT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2008 at 1:12am
No, its in theory, next year I graduate and I'm hoping with saved money plus I'll be working.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested and IP banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .357 Magnum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2008 at 1:18am
It's be cool. I like just about any old classic car. Just make sure you do your research before you get yourself into something like a full on resto.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 28>
  Share Topic