FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Mustang Project Pillar Pod P.28

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 28>
Author
xXK1CK1NVV1NGXx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 2, 7/17 - quote offensive post

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xXK1CK1NVV1NGXx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2008 at 5:38pm
Looks like you've made some decent progress.
<Sig violation, Section 1>
MeanMan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MeanMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2008 at 7:26pm

I would love to fix up an older Mustang, like from the early 70s.  My dad has a 1972 Yellow Pontiac Luxary LeMans.  Its a GTO style.  I swear, its almost exactly like a GTO, except it has every option and a smaller engine, well not small.  Its still really fast, he has some aftermarket parts in it, but, I guess small compared to a high performance GTO.

He use to race it, only has like 30k miles or something like that, almost no rust and just a small radiator problem or something like that.  Ive only riden in it 4 times my whole life, almost 17 years.  He keeps it under covers and up on some type of lining in the garage.  I would love to actually fix it up even more with my dad.

It even still has the new car smell in it.  Leather, "premium sound" from when it was made.  Heater or Air, whatever it has I dont remember.  Wood grain dash.  Beautiful.  I would even take my Uncle's '78 Grand Prix with under 20k miles on it, but has a HORRIBLE Red interior, I would love to know if anyone really likes red interior.

I envy you.  I would love to do that.  I dont think my dad would let me touch his Pontiac though

hybrid-sniper~"To be honest, if I see a player still using an Impulse I'm going to question their motives."
.357 Magnum View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested and IP banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .357 Magnum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2008 at 9:23pm
Drained the oil from the 87 tonight and took the headers off. Wire wheeled the gasket surfaces on the 91 block. Next we will put in the new freeze plugs, wash out the cylinders, put the cam in and crankshaft and pistons and what not. It should all start coming together now.

MeanMan, your dads car sounds to nice to hack at. Need something less valuable.
thebuickguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebuickguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2008 at 7:51am
Not gonna try and jerry rig that turbo on to your 302 
Tippmann A-5 SAW stock E grip
J&J Ceramic APEX tip
Spyder AMG J&J Ceramic
Tippmann 68 Carbine J&J Ceramic APEX tip
Tippmann Prolite
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested and IP banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .357 Magnum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2008 at 2:47pm
Nah, it's a little turbo.
merc View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
American Scotchy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote merc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2008 at 3:26pm
i might have missed the post but what rear gear are you looking at running?
saving the world, one warship at a time.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested and IP banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .357 Magnum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2008 at 3:42pm
We had a new gear put in the rear end. It's a 3.73 now.

Edited by .357 Magnum - 26 March 2008 at 8:49pm
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested and IP banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .357 Magnum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2008 at 8:57pm
Here's another little update for those of you who are interested. We have gotten the new rings on the pistons and the pistons back in the block. Really the hardest parts over now and everything else should just kind of come together. My dad put a real small hole in one of the water jackets on one of the heads. So we will have that welded then we will sell them as ported heads. So we will be going with Aluminum Racing heads after all.

Here's some pics I took real quick. Sorry if quality is off, they're cell pics.

My dad was counting bolt holes I think.

And the other side.

Predatorr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Predatorr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2008 at 9:20pm

looking suave.  What kind of cost total are you looking at?

I've been thinking about doing a factoryfive.com kit car using an old mustang GT as the donar car, but I know I'll end up spending about 20,000 in the long run

JohnnyCanuck View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
In soviet Canuckistan...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyCanuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2008 at 9:25pm
2 bolt mains?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested and IP banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .357 Magnum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2008 at 9:29pm
Johhny ~ Edit: 2 bolt

Pred ~ Cost should be like... eh, under $5,000 when done.

Edited by .357 Magnum - 26 March 2008 at 9:31pm
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested and IP banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .357 Magnum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2008 at 10:29pm
Got the new timing chain and the sprockets for it on, the timing chain cover, and the water pump. Along with the harmonic balancer.

ANARCHY_SCOUT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
strike 1 1/24 rudeness to newer members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ANARCHY_SCOUT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2008 at 12:44am
It really is coming along dude, very very nice work.

I'm in the process of either buying an old Impala or something in the same class of big V-8 cruiser.
Gamertag: Kataklysm999
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested and IP banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .357 Magnum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2008 at 2:43pm
Blocks ready for painting. Should do that tonight. I'll post pics.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested and IP banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .357 Magnum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2008 at 8:47pm
Craptastic picture but you get the idea,

ammolord View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ammolord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2008 at 8:51pm
looks good
PSN Tag: AmmoLord
XBL: xXAmmoLordXx

~Minister of Tinkering With Things That Go "BOOM!"(AKA Minister of Munitions)~
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested and IP banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .357 Magnum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2008 at 9:12pm
That last pic was right after the last coat which is why it looks so wet/glossy.
merc View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
American Scotchy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote merc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2008 at 9:19pm
u want my C4?
saving the world, one warship at a time.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested and IP banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .357 Magnum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2008 at 9:29pm
lol sure, we have two T-5's. But I have a feeling we might need a Tremec. We will be making over 400 Hp with the AFR heads.
xXK1CK1NVV1NGXx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 2, 7/17 - quote offensive post

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xXK1CK1NVV1NGXx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2008 at 10:32pm
I want an engine like that in my truck lol.
<Sig violation, Section 1>
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 28>
  Share Topic