FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Mustang Project Pillar Pod P.28

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 28>
Author
.357 Magnum View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested and IP banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .357 Magnum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2008 at 1:53pm
Might be a bad wire. The chokes just a coil that contracts in the cold and chokes it. As it warms up the coil heats and expands.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested and IP banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .357 Magnum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2008 at 7:32pm
My dad and I were talking. Someone in our town has a trans with low miles and hurst. We might pick it up and use the 87 as a spare.
Cyberdemon View Drop Down
Guested by request

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cyberdemon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2008 at 2:57pm
cool i have the same engine lift except its yellow.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested and IP banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .357 Magnum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2008 at 4:23pm
Alright, hopefully the block will be back from the machine shop tomorrow. I'll be sure to put up some pics. We've decided on an E-303 cam instead of the F. Should also have some pics of the intake up soon since we have been clear coating it. We got the head bolts and connecting rod bolts ect. as well and the rest of bearings should hopefully be in tomorrow. Will also put those pics up as well.
xXK1CK1NVV1NGXx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 2, 7/17 - quote offensive post

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xXK1CK1NVV1NGXx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2008 at 4:27pm
You guys are moving pretty quick on this project.
<Sig violation, Section 1>
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested and IP banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .357 Magnum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2008 at 4:37pm
Yup. We want it to be done by this summer and next month is April so springs no so far away. (thank god)
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested and IP banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .357 Magnum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2008 at 8:21pm
Alright here's the intake. We put some high temp clear coat on it to hopefully help it stay somewhat clean since it's going to get a little dirty being under the carb.

And we took the turbo off the engine.

Project Irene View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
It really DOES exist!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Project Irene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2008 at 8:34pm
You have the engine out.  Tore apart.  Go ahead and drop a nice 347 stroker rotating assembly in that thing.  They can be had for well under a grand and you know you'll be wanting all that extra power after she's been running a few months .
Uncle Rudder View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 1 6/25

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uncle Rudder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2008 at 10:55pm
If you don't mind my asking, how much does a project like this cost?  You don't need to answer with specifics I'm just curious as to  what it would be in general to restore a car like this. 
ultimatetrooper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Hardcore Ghetto Gangster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultimatetrooper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2008 at 12:07am
Originally posted by Uncle Rudder Uncle Rudder wrote:

If you don't mind my asking, how much does a project like this cost?  You don't need to answer with specifics I'm just curious as to  what it would be in general to restore a car like this. 

It starts off as a "lets make it better than stock" but turns into a more than a couple thousand dollar investment.

My 66 mustang turned into a $5000 cruiser that needed a few parts into a $5000 parts later nothing visually has changed, my car looks the same want-to-be drag car. :)  

Awesome pics of the build. I just got my 306 back from the machine shop. I guess I'll post pics of that install when the time comes.  
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested and IP banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .357 Magnum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2008 at 2:43pm
All in all this thing will end up costing under $3500 I would think. We got the car for $1,000. Then it just adds up in parts. If you have the know how and ability to do this kind of stuff it can be an easy fun way to make a cheap fast car.
merc View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
American Scotchy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote merc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2008 at 2:54pm
fox bodies can be had cheap and theres not much to them. if you play your cards right you can get a mid/late 80s-early 90s v8 car with a nice body (no rust) for free then just rebuild the engine and tranny.

mustangs have a little more room under the hood but firebirds and camaros can be had just as cheap. and they dont look like a fox body

anyways looks like a fun project. dont forget to save the glass when you scrap the donor car.
saving the world, one warship at a time.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested and IP banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .357 Magnum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2008 at 3:02pm
Yea, we're using the windshield off the 87 and might be selling the back quarter windows.
bravecoward View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
oxymoran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bravecoward Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2008 at 3:28pm
There aren't any good trannies in my town.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested and IP banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .357 Magnum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2008 at 3:35pm
Originally posted by bravecoward bravecoward wrote:

There aren't any good trannies in my town.

It's funny because you're saying trannies in a car related thread so it's like a transmission but you really mean a transvestite. As in a he/she.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested and IP banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .357 Magnum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2008 at 4:01pm
Well, off to pick up the block. I'll be sure to post pics later. Maybe some other stuff as well.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested and IP banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .357 Magnum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2008 at 7:08pm
Alright, I'm back. The block looks good. We were also going to pick up the other trans tonight but the guys not home. So here's some pics of stuff.

Here's a couple of the block,

Some bearings,

The head/connecting rod bolts and stuff.

We got a freeze plug kit today,

Here's our Holly racing fuel pump, sucker can pump a whole lotta gas, as well as regulator.

Our MSD Ignition Box,

Our MSD Coil,

And our MSD Distributor,

We're getting awfully close to starting the rebuild. Can't wait. We still need to order a cam though.

Edited by .357 Magnum - 03 March 2008 at 7:11pm
sinisterNorth View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
1 strike, language, 10/3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sinisterNorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2008 at 7:27pm
I would love to take on a project like this. Looks like a lot of fun. Only problem is I don't access to the equipment (that I know of). I don't know a damn about cars either.

I've been wanting to pick up a car. Maybe I'll start looking around....
Pumpker'd; (V.) When a pump player runs up and shoots you at point blank range because you thought 20bps made you good.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested and IP banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .357 Magnum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2008 at 7:40pm
Yea. If you know someone who can do this or help you out it'd be something to think about. That or look for your dream car. Keep it around or in storage until you're a little older and able to put time into it and work on it then. We're moving along pretty quick compared to what a lot of people go though. Theres so many updates because we do stuff just about everyday. But it should slow down a little now. I'll post up pics as the engine is put back together. We might also start on some body work soon. Which I will have pics of as well.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested and IP banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .357 Magnum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2008 at 2:08pm
Alrighty, haven't been updating as much so heres some stuff,

We got the cam yesterday. We went with the E303 Cam. We have since gotten another trans that has a hurst shifter on it. And we've been getting the pistons ready, doing freeze plugs ect. So heres some pics.

The E303

Trans off the 87 after we took it to the car wash and cleaned it up.

Painted oil pan and valve covers,

The 87 302 on our other stand

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 28>
  Share Topic