Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Mock Silencers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
oppiee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oppiee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 February 2008 at 9:53am
So again going back to my question... will blocking the porting of my jj ceramic by a pvc pipe affect the trajectory of the ball? Something I should do to prevent that? And  I dont really wanna use a soda bottle.. its ugly... like i said before its for cosmetic purposes!

Cheers, and thanks
Snake6. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 February 2008 at 9:56am
It shouldn't. Porting has almost no affect on a balls flight path.

Paintball Chat
I'm at work, Leave me alone!!!
oppiee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oppiee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 February 2008 at 10:05am
Awesome Thanks snake. And what might be the best way to mount the pipe without damaging the barrel?

Cheers
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 February 2008 at 1:34pm
Originally posted by Snake6 Snake6 wrote:

Originally posted by Commander_Cool Commander_Cool wrote:

Originally posted by motopsycho650 motopsycho650 wrote:

Okay, Mack seems to have a powerful piece of info he posted.  I'll agree, it may be illegal.  I'll disagree that any cop would actually do anything provided you weren't doing anything else illegal with a paintball gun.

This is just me being me, but Denver still has a law in the books that it is illegal to drive a black car on sunday.  Aspen has a law that says you cannot fire a catapult within city limits...

It isn't an outdated state/local law, it is the federal government ignoring the 2nd amendment rights of American citizens due to fear of firearm usage.

The federal government/ law enforcement officials will enforce laws regulating silencers.

Yeah, there are several cases of raids being conducted against businesses producing silencers for paintball.

CC and Snake are right.  I should point out that one of the links I provided referred to a guy who was sentenced to 15 years for an airgun silencer.

It's thinking/posts like that exemplified above ("the laws don't apply to me/aren't enforced here") that gets these threads locked.
motopsycho650 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote motopsycho650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2008 at 6:42am
Well, Like I said, I want to see something written down in a law book that says specifically what can or can't be done. 

Nothing I have ever done would ever work or even be remotely effective on a real gun.  I don't even own a real gun...  PB guns are as close as I have ever come to gun ownership.

My PVC suppressor from back in the day was nothing more than a ported barrel extension with the ports encased.  Nothing more than Tippmann, or any of the many other PB companies have done.

P.S.  I have never heard a soda bottle on a real gun, but I can't believe it would make anything beyond a marginal sound difference.  The bullet is still traveling too fast...
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2008 at 5:04pm
^^^ Wow!  You either chose not to check out the links that were provided or are just amazingly obstinate.  Either way, I feel compelled to recommend to other forum members at this time that they disregard any input you provide on this specific issue.

I also suggest that if you "want to see something written down in a law book" that you go research it yourself.  I really see no advantage to helping those that obviously wish to remain ignorant of the facts.
Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2008 at 5:59pm
Wow the ignorance level of this thread just increased tenfold. Thats it. Mods contacted.
StormyKnight View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormyKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2008 at 7:08pm
How'd Forrest say it?  "Stupid is as stupid does."
oppiee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oppiee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2008 at 7:47pm
People people....this thread was not meant for debating whether a silencer is legal or not. I asked about a mock silencer and how to make one. Can we keep it at that?-- because I know for a fact a mock silencer (a pvc pipe) is legal :D.

Cheers.
doc92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doc92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2008 at 8:40pm

Have you ever tried putting a pvc supressor on a real firearm? The first shot turns your supressor into a million pieces of pvc. lol  The pressures and temps involved in firearms are just way too much for any pvc paintball supressor to handle.  It may look like a real supressor on the outside but they're just not effective on firearms. Use all the pvc and foam you want on your paintball supressor and go have fun playing paintball.  Like a few people have already said on here, "nobody at the field cares".  The local cops who play at my field laughed at the idea of the pvc supressor on a firearm.  And as far as talking about supressors, it's just talk. The OP seemed to have good intentions.  Wear your goggles, chrono your marker and go have fun. Okay rant over. :)

12cases+32bps+8hours=MMG www.doubletrouble2.com My tech guy:
Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2008 at 8:51pm
As Mack pointed out earlier, it doesn't matter what your local cops think at the field. It is against the law to make suppressors. Illegal discussions will not take place on the Tippmann Forum. Period.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote motopsycho650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2008 at 9:00am
I'm sorry, I will not post any opinions surrounding this subject anymore.  I apologize to the mods as-well.

I am not trying to condone anyone breaking any laws, and encourage you to research all information before attempting anything of the sort.  At your own risk is the key here...

I am just a person who believes we should be able to discuss these type of things.  In such debates, I often side with the "Freedom w/ Consequences" half of the debate.  I.E. I think people should have the freedom to do things, but face strong consequences if those things are miss-used.  My side of debates is usually the unpopular argument, I think mostly because people assume I want to be deviant.

All my previous posts on this thread have been talking about the GAME of paintball, played in it's proper way, at a legal location.  I was not condoning any other activity what-so-ever.

Anyways, I'm sorry again to anyone offended, I was just talking, just to talk about something.

Edited by motopsycho650 - 02 March 2008 at 9:26am
oppiee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oppiee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2008 at 11:34am

Well thanks for the help guys. Ill attempt at making the silencer in the summer.

cheers,

BatmanUSMC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BatmanUSMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2008 at 12:51pm
<none of that stuff here>

Edited by Evil Elvis - 04 March 2008 at 6:40pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote motopsycho650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2008 at 2:41pm
With the flatline, you may have found a loop hole...  There is absolutely no way a curved flatline could ever be rigged to anything besides a paintball gun.

I won't say anything else, it order not to tick anyone off again.  I would draw the design with as much detail as possible, and ask all law enforcement agencies that would have jurisdiction anywhere where you play, and ask if there is a problem.

I do like talking about how & why it works, but I lost interest in building anything anymore.  I figure, if you're a good shot, quiet doesn't matter.
BatmanUSMC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BatmanUSMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2008 at 3:54pm

loophole yes.

i am currently working on a invisible paintball using Klingon Warbird cloaking technology.

Edited by BatmanUSMC - 04 March 2008 at 3:55pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote motopsycho650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2008 at 7:51am
I have been reading & learning about this subject, just because knowledge never hurts.

The bottom line is this:

If any part of the suppressor, in whole or or pieces, is determined to be functional in any way on a real gun, you are committing a Federal Felony.

Here in-lies the problem.  If your device is discovered, and actually prosecuted, an army of law enforcement people will figure out any possible way to rig in onto a real gun.  No matter how innocent you were trying to be, they can & will find a way to screw you over about it.

From what I've read, the "Fake" Suppressors you see on the paintball sights are being pursued by the ATF because even though they say "fake", they are actually somewhat effective.

From what I've read, those companies could face criminal charges, aswell as anyone who unknowingly buys one of these "fake" suppressors.  Remember the old saying, ignorance in no excuse for the law.

Anyways, that flatline idea was pretty cool.  If there is a barrel out there that needs to be quieted, that's the one.  If anyone has the guts to approach law enforcement with that question, I'd love to hear what they say.  I'm willing to bet, even though it's a .68 caliber barrel that's curved, they would still say it could be used on a real gun, just to avoid the issue.

Edited by motopsycho650 - 08 March 2008 at 7:55am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic