Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Tippmann Speedball

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
LoneWolf019 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LoneWolf019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tippmann Speedball
    Posted: 25 February 2008 at 12:41pm
Hey I was cleaning my Tippmann one day and I left it by the fireplace and I cleaned it inside and out and I left it there over night and when I pick it up, I noticed my Flatline barrel was horrible looking. It was curved to the left and down. Some of the bolts on the inside are warped and it shoots awful. So with this horrible news to my one and only tippmann 98 Custom I decided to make it into a speedball type a thing. Knowing the Tippmann isnt the best for it I want to make it pretty damn good. I am going to replace the bolts and what not.

What should I buy to make it shoot faster. Please recommend Barrels, bolts, weather I should go with response trigger or electric, and hoppers. Also weather I should go with Co2 or Nitro. I can get them both without difficulty.  I have money surprisingly even though It will not be done right away.

I will put a picture of it on the forum when the product is finished.

Thanks for your time
Tippmann 98 Custom (RIP)
-Flatline Barrel
-Opsgear MP5 Fixed Stock
-1x45 Red Dot Scope
Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2008 at 12:55pm
If you have enough money I would just suggest a different gun. If you drop $1000 into a Tippmann its still a Tippmann....
carl_the_sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 7/29, Bad Linky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2008 at 4:18pm
Originally posted by Snake6 Snake6 wrote:

If you have enough money I would just suggest a different gun. If you drop $1000 into a Tippmann its still a Tippmann....
StormyKnight View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormyKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2008 at 5:09pm
Do you mean to challenge those that have by definition, true speedball markers?  Admirable.  Challenging.  Ultimately expensive.  Anything is possible if money isn't an issue.  If this is the route you wish to follow, good luck.  Search around.  The modifications you want and will need will be out there.  Will you end up with as good of a marker as the high-end off the rack speedball guns?  Probably not.  But, hardware is only part of the equation.  If you're a good enough player to make up for the deficiencies of your marker, then you'll be alright.  But I have to say I'm intrigued to see what you can come up with.
SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2008 at 5:14pm

Low End:
E-Grip
Centerfeed
Halo
Good barrel.
Nitro(reccomended but not vital)
Double trigger

High end (not true high end by some peoples standards:
E-Bolt(electropenumatic)
Centerfeed
Nitro
Halo
Reg
Rear cocking kit if E-Bolt not installed.
Double trigger

There are other things still. Those are the basics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LoneWolf019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2008 at 9:03am

Originally posted by StormyKnight StormyKnight wrote:

Do you mean to challenge those that have by definition, true speedball markers?  Admirable.  Challenging.  Ultimately expensive.  Anything is possible if money isn't an issue.  If this is the route you wish to follow, good luck.  Search around.  The modifications you want and will need will be out there.  Will you end up with as good of a marker as the high-end off the rack speedball guns?  Probably not.  But, hardware is only part of the equation.  If you're a good enough player to make up for the deficiencies of your marker, then you'll be alright.  But I have to say I'm intrigued to see what you can come up with.

I believe I am a good overal player. I went to skirmish USA Saturday and I thought I was average at best but Saturday made me to believe I am better then that. I dont expect it to perform like a "true speedball marker." I just have decided to change it up.

Whats an E-Bolt? Is it the same as an E-Grip or is it 2 different things?

Edited by LoneWolf019 - 26 February 2008 at 9:04am
Tippmann 98 Custom (RIP)
-Flatline Barrel
-Opsgear MP5 Fixed Stock
-1x45 Red Dot Scope
StormyKnight View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormyKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2008 at 1:09pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LoneWolf019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2008 at 9:30am
Is it safe to say that I should rule out the Response Trigger?
Tippmann 98 Custom (RIP)
-Flatline Barrel
-Opsgear MP5 Fixed Stock
-1x45 Red Dot Scope
The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2008 at 4:58pm
You're trying to tell us that you melted your flatline by setting it near a fireplace.

Shens.
SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2008 at 7:55pm

You can get an RT, unless you plan on playing in tournys.

RT's are more aimed at recplayers who would like extra firepower when needed and dont feel like screwing around with batteries, like myself.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LoneWolf019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2008 at 8:07pm
Originally posted by The Guy The Guy wrote:

You're trying to tell us that you melted your flatline by setting it near a fireplace.

No the barrel is curved not melted and since we have a pretty big house we always have the fireplace on full blast. Good thing I dont pay the gas bill. It curved to the right and down. I dont know how like i know I used water but I dont know if I left some water in it or what.
Tippmann 98 Custom (RIP)
-Flatline Barrel
-Opsgear MP5 Fixed Stock
-1x45 Red Dot Scope
thejudge View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thejudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2008 at 9:27pm
you mean it curved it off of its normal curve or are you seeing the curve that is supposed to be there.
Stay low, run fast, and hope that paintball doesn't hit your...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LoneWolf019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 February 2008 at 1:51am
Originally posted by thejudge thejudge wrote:

you mean it curved it off of its normal curve or are you seeing the curve that is supposed to be there.

HA HA HA no it curves more down and to the left. I wish it was the curve it came with. I will never find out why it happened weather it was the gun oil or the little water drops that might be left over or if it was just the heat from the fire place.

Will a expansion chamber or regulator with the Nitro tanks efficiency or it only helps with the C02?
Tippmann 98 Custom (RIP)
-Flatline Barrel
-Opsgear MP5 Fixed Stock
-1x45 Red Dot Scope
Jeramie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeramie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 February 2008 at 2:48am
Adding an expansion chamber does nothing if you use Nitro, expansion chambers were made to allow c02 to expand from a liquid into a gas before entering your gun, thus reducing frost shots and cracking o-rings, while also saving air. Because HPA (nitro) is alread a gas, there is NO need for it to expand. Some will say go with a regulator.
Forget about the e-bolt, that **edited**s WAY to expensive, and the e-trigger is also pretty pricy.. not to mention you have to take your gun apart to get the fu.. battery out...

Look, your best bet is one of two options, you want speed-ball? Get a new gun, like an invert mini, or if you want to go inexpensive and be able to get nitro.. and please get a 68ci 4500psi.. you can get an e spyder pilot acs these days for 100 w/ shipping.
You want tippmann? Upgrade your gun with all the best equipment you can. The cyclone feed is pretty nice, especially with the x-7 style hopper. You might want to think about getting a j&j ceramic self cleaning barrel, those are the best affordable barrels you can get for a tippmann. You could also get a new flatline, or go with the apex which gets pretty good distance (I dont use the curve features, I think thats equivelant to cheating). If you want to use c02, yes, get an expansion chamber.
As far as triggers go, you can get rapid shooting with the response trigger.. I just went with the double trigger myself.
Hope that helped.
My Gun
[IMG]http://a538.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/85/l_154531834a288eb01760ba3aa1adc1b9.jpg">

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LoneWolf019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 February 2008 at 11:16pm
Ok so this is my setup so far:

14 Inch Carbon Fiber Barrel
Center Feed Loader

Thinking about getting:

Fang trigger
Rear Cocking Kit
Nitro Tank

I have no idea what hopper to consider but I have been looking around. Any recommendations or want to tell me how bad something sucks?

Tippmann 98 Custom (RIP)
-Flatline Barrel
-Opsgear MP5 Fixed Stock
-1x45 Red Dot Scope
joeisnester View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joeisnester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2008 at 8:22pm
I use my Tippman 98C for speedball i currently have a cyclone feed, 14" smart parts progressive barrell, response trigger, 20 oz co2, double trigger not a whole lot but works surprisingly well.
Jodaddy
DOME_SHOT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DOME_SHOT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2008 at 10:28pm

haloB is a good hopper, they range from $70-$120(used and brand new) from what ive seen(there are cheaper ones but there no good like halo TSA)

SmartParts-SP8
14" j&j
Collapsing stock
egg 3
Non wear bolt(orange county)
Yomillio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yomillio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2008 at 7:39pm
Why would you ever put a carbon fiber barrel on a Tippmann?  Thats like putting a carbon fiber hood on an SUV.  And if you really want you Tippmann to be the best it can be, look for an EBolt.  There are endless possibilities to what you can do with them, and with the right modifications will make your Tippy very, very fast.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LoneWolf019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2008 at 12:20am
Originally posted by Yomillio Yomillio wrote:

Why would you ever put a carbon fiber barrel on a Tippmann?  Thats like putting a carbon fiber hood on an SUV.

Because I got it for 15 bucks. Good enough answer?
Tippmann 98 Custom (RIP)
-Flatline Barrel
-Opsgear MP5 Fixed Stock
-1x45 Red Dot Scope
thejudge View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thejudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2008 at 3:40pm
Yes it is.  As said before though if you are going to get a fster hopper you need to get electronic.  either the egrip or the ebolt.  Apparently the ebolt is better but I have no experience with it.  Good luck with the project.
Stay low, run fast, and hope that paintball doesn't hit your...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic