Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedMILSIM and military = faux pas?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
Author
kungura View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2008 at 8:57pm

i got both articles from .EDU and .GOV websites... so they're credible sources.

I'm not trying to change any of your minds, but rather to demonstrate before shooting your mouth, or doubting another take a minute, sit back, and think about it, i'm just trying to shed some light on a topic which CLEARLY needed shining... 

we were all under different impressions about paintball and military training.... but atleast now we can safetly agree (hopefuly) that paintball, is used - marginally, in some shape or form, for training.

p.s. sorry about the fonting, bolding, italizing thing... had to make sure the right stuff stuck out...

--A5--
APE Rampage
Hammerhead Barrel
Red Hot Power Tube
Orange Howitser Bolt
EoTech 512
Vortex Mod-Lightening Rod-QEPH-Squishy Paddles
Bad Habitz Spring
Rufus Dawg D.T
P.E HPA 88ci-4500PSI
Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2008 at 8:59pm
Tolga,

The thread was directed towards me. I stated the fact that paintball is not really used in military training, and this kungura guy said it was. He also was running his mouth off about things that he has no idea about, like collateral damage in house to house fighting in iraq.
Hades View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2008 at 9:00pm
Originally posted by BaldBird BaldBird wrote:

Yes my first post was about Snipers and it was killed twice because apparently the subject was so sensitive that it can't be discussed with tact by any "regulars" on this forum, at least that was the reason I was given. I was looking to see what "Gems" nay, comments I would receive, but to no avail I was censored.

It is a sensitive subject because you and every other player that thinks their is snipers in paintball all posts the same arguments and all the same answers are given.

Thus the topic has now been deemed as Spam. If you want to read previous debates use the search bottom.

And just because members have over 10k+ in post doesnt mean they dont or no longer still play paintball. It just means we have more time to post on this forum than others.

As long as you make intelligent and factual posts and can back them up with proof you have the same amount of weight as all the other members of this forum.

Edited by Hades - 23 February 2008 at 9:04pm
kungura View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2008 at 9:01pm

There is a bit of a "click" on here, I just don't agree with everything that's said on this forum. And there are a few members that never have anything good to say but have 10,000posts. Unreal, how does someone aquire 10,000 posts on a forum, not playing much paintball I guess? But that's cool, to each their own.

I know exactly how you feel... perhaps in this forum, acquiring 5 digit numbered posts gives your seniority, and automaticaly what you say must be true over any one with fewer posts...  I guess little fish like us are doomed....

oh and snake, it wasn't JUST for you, I wouldnt dedicate that time and effort for just one... read the title. "to whom it may concern". 

I do however stand corrected on the house to house firing and simunitions comment. I was under the wrong impression.. honest mistake.

Edited by kungura - 23 February 2008 at 9:05pm
--A5--
APE Rampage
Hammerhead Barrel
Red Hot Power Tube
Orange Howitser Bolt
EoTech 512
Bad Habitz Spring
Rufus Dawg D.T
P.E HPA 88ci-4500PSI
Tolgak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Master of MSPaint and bri's Daddy

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2008 at 9:03pm
Originally posted by Snake6 Snake6 wrote:

Tolga,

The thread was directed towards me. I stated the fact that paintball is not really used in military training, and this kungura guy said it was. He also was running his mouth off about things that he has no idea about, like collateral damage in house to house fighting in iraq.

Yea, I just found those threads.

To add to the argument. I hear that when you get shot with MILES, it produces a loud, high pitch akin to screaming. I've also heard that the vests (maybe the newer ones) vibrate quite intensely (some say painfully) when hit.

Though I don't have experience in the subject, I'd imagine that the noise, the real shooting, and the vibration give a more authentic feel then paintball ever would.

Edited by Tolgak - 23 February 2008 at 11:19pm
Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2008 at 9:04pm

Yes my first post was about Snipers and it was killed twice because apparently the subject was so sensitive that it can't be discussed with tact by any "regulars" on this forum, at least that was the reason I was given. I was looking to see what "Gems" nay, comments I would receive, but to no avail I was censored.

It can be discussed with tact by the regulars for about the first 3 pages. After being faced with the cold hard truth of the matter, and having every argument the "pro-sniper" people make shot down it normally turns into a flame war that is normally started by the OP. I suggest you use the search button, and find some of the older sniper threads. Almost every sniper thread turns out the same way, and only one has ever came to a happy conclusion.
BaldBird View Drop Down
Camper

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2008 at 9:05pm

Yes it may seem we are doomed, what a loss...

The "S" word is only sensitive to those that have closed minds, I have plenty of "Facts" not arguments I have not seen in any of the previous posts. But they were censored because a few gold and platinum members are "spray and pray" paintballers who just aren't reachable.

"One Shot, One Kill, may it be a speedball player lost in the woods"
God View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Pull My Finger

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2008 at 9:07pm
You can always have your sniper discussions in PM with the members you mentioned in your initial posts.

And I beg to differ that the 3 facts you mention have already been discussed.

Sorry.

Edited by God - 23 February 2008 at 9:09pm
Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2008 at 9:08pm
Originally posted by Tolgak Tolgak wrote:

Originally posted by Snake6 Snake6 wrote:

Tolga,

Yea, I just found those threads.

To add to the argument. I hear that when you get shot with MILES, it produces a loud, high pitch akin to screaming. I've also heard that the vests (maybe the newer ones) vibrate quite intensely (some say painfully) when it.

Though I don't have experience in the subject, I'd imagine that the noise, the real shooting, and the vibration give a more authentic feel then paintball ever would.

Yeah, they are annoying as hell. The movie Heartbreak Ridge portrays exactly how MILES works. I haven't seen any vibrating ones though.

And kungura, your point is still invalid. Paintball is not used to simulate real weapons and to simulate proactive with real weapons as you were hinting at. It is used in a very limited way as I explained before and the majority of it never got past the beta stage.

Edited by Snake6 - 23 February 2008 at 9:09pm
BaldBird View Drop Down
Camper

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2008 at 9:09pm
That's no better than a door to door presidential campaign, how will we ever change views that way??? LOL
Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2008 at 9:11pm

That's no better than a door to door presidential campaign, how will we ever change views that way??? LOL

You won't, because how do you win without a solid arguement and facts to back you up. However if you want me to explain the facts to you, come on over to pbc. I'll be more than happy to inject some truth.
kungura View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2008 at 9:12pm

Agreed, perhaps both offer something the other can't...  the physical shock of being shot with a paintball, the impact, the initial pain (however limited) and having to deal with it immediately, might come accross as more intimidating than vivid vibrations and high pitch noises. I'll have to try this MILES laser tag...

--A5--
APE Rampage
Hammerhead Barrel
Red Hot Power Tube
Orange Howitser Bolt
EoTech 512
Bad Habitz Spring
Rufus Dawg D.T
P.E HPA 88ci-4500PSI
BaldBird View Drop Down
Camper

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2008 at 9:15pm
Snake you may PM me anytime you wish, but I've seen a majority of your comments on every topic on this forum, and you're likely the last person in the world who would change their mind on anything. I'm just glad you're a US Marine, I'd hate to see you on the other side.
Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2008 at 9:16pm
Originally posted by kungura kungura wrote:

Agreed, perhaps both offer something the other can't...  the physical shock of being shot with a paintball, the impact, the initial pain (however limited) and having to deal with it immediately, might come accross as more intimidating than vivid vibrations and high pitch noises. I'll have to try this MILES laser tag...

You can't try it. It is available only as a training medium for the military. I don't even know if you can buy the stuff if you had the money to afford it.
heliumman77 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2008 at 9:17pm
Just shut up, Honestly can't you see that your only making things worse salvage what respect people have left for you and just stop arguing with everyone. Ohh and for those things you mentioned It's paintball which is a recreational activity not some way to train our marines, If your going from paintballs to bullets it won't be pretty. 
Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2008 at 9:18pm

Snake you may PM me anytime you wish, but I've seen a majority of your comments on every topic on this forum, and you're likely the last person in the world who would change their mind on anything. I'm just glad you're a US Marine, I'd hate to see you on the other side.

Discussions through PM don't really get anywhere. I would just suggest you search through the old sniper threads, and if you still have questions then PM me or drop in pbc and I will answer them.
BaldBird View Drop Down
Camper

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2008 at 9:20pm
I don't have questions, I have answers, I've searched the threads, I've invited you to "learn" and you have declined easily. So there really need not be more said on the matter.
GI JOES SON View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Got me flowers for my birthday

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2008 at 9:22pm
how about we just sort of let this thread die before it gets any more out of hand...might be the good thing to do.
Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2008 at 9:23pm

I don't have questions, I have answers, I've searched the threads, I've invited you to "learn" and you have declined easily. So there really need not be more said on the matter.

If you think that you can convince me of the existence of snipers in paintball, go ahead and come to pbc and explain your thoughts. But be prepared for factual rebuttals.
kungura View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2008 at 9:23pm

what WAS my point snake? i think with recent heat in this and other threads, IT has become a tad askew...  my initial post was, paintball was/is used as a form of training:

"kungura wrote:

don't let people tell you milsim and paintball don't mix. lets not forget many gvt forces use milsim and scenario paintball for training purposes

that was the original statement which you though i meant as a principal method of training, then i clarified with

"I never said as a primary tool" (this is where i mentioned simunitions, my bad)

THEN i brought it here, backed it up with TWO seperate articles, proving that NOT only have they used paintball for training purposes, but ALSO used MILES, which is my point EXACTLY... that firearms are not the sole method of training for safe, realistic, assesable tactical training.  (maybe a bit of a stretch, but we got here, that's what is important)

what more can i say??  check and mate - for all?

oh and 'heliumman' who are you to tell me to shutup?  with such an attitude, let alone your nickname, i could care less about your views towards me.  We're having a debate, and you come along with your childish whining and bickering thinking i will obide?? I think a simple no can do attitude should put you back in your seat.

Edited by kungura - 23 February 2008 at 9:29pm
--A5--
APE Rampage
Hammerhead Barrel
Red Hot Power Tube
Orange Howitser Bolt
EoTech 512
Bad Habitz Spring
Rufus Dawg D.T
P.E HPA 88ci-4500PSI
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>