Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Milsim?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Gforce View Drop Down
strike 1 Language 3/19

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gforce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Milsim?
    Posted: 19 February 2008 at 2:51am
**edited** does milsim mean?
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2008 at 2:55am
Military Simulation. Basically trying to replicate actual warfare as closely as you can, in gear and appearances. I think it's boring, and way too serious to be fun.
Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

a5Tpp789 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

in the closet MILSIMer...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a5Tpp789 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2008 at 9:00am
waste of money and feeds a negative stereotype
if you put 500 dollars into an A5 it is still an A5
Snake6. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2008 at 1:32pm
Originally posted by a5Tpp789 a5Tpp789 wrote:

waste of money and feeds a negative stereotype

Agreed.

I also suggest you watch your language on here.

Edited by Snake6. - 22 February 2008 at 1:33pm

Paintball Chat
I'm at work, Leave me alone!!!
thejudge View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thejudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2008 at 2:19pm
I disagree.  Milsim is more fun than speedball to me.  Using different settings (buildings, woods, forts, etc.)  and haveing mods that make the marker look a lil more realistic is enjoyable.  Now if you prefer speedball then congrats... just not my style.  To each his own.
Stay low, run fast, and hope that paintball doesn't hit your...
DzXs View Drop Down

2 strike, language, 1/17

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DzXs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2008 at 2:46pm
you can play senario without trying to look like a swat member or carrying around an m4 98c
Snake6. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2008 at 2:58pm
Originally posted by DzXs DzXs wrote:

you can play senario without trying to look like a swat member or carrying around an m4 98c

Paintball Chat
I'm at work, Leave me alone!!!
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2008 at 4:24pm

Scenario >>>>>>> mil-sim.

And he didn't really cuss, I assume. Just said something which is now edited...

So you use an alternate form of a blocked word? Dummy.

Edited by Reb Cpl - 29 February 2008 at 11:47am
Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2008 at 4:59pm
That is still considered a filter dodge...
kungura View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kungura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2008 at 6:54pm

I appreciate both kinds, granted weighing down your marker serves no significant purpose and wearing pounds of BDU's, boots, vests, gloves etc is just for show (unless you banking on molding with the foilage around you)  BUT some would say it's part of the fun! and that's what paintball is all about, having a good time, and if dressing up is a certain aspect of it, then... a votre gout!

I also like the lightness of speedball clothing and guns.

don't let people tell you milsim and paintball don't mix. lets not forget many gvt forces use milsim and scenario paintball for training purposes.

--A5--
APE Rampage
Hammerhead Barrel
Red Hot Power Tube
Orange Howitser Bolt
EoTech 512
Vortex Mod-Lightening Rod-QEPH-Squishy Paddles
Bad Habitz Spring
Rufus Dawg D.T
P.E HPA 88ci-4500PSI
Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2008 at 7:08pm
Originally posted by kungura kungura wrote:

don't let people tell you milsim and paintball don't mix. lets not forget many gvt forces use milsim and scenario paintball for training purposes.

Please tell me what section of the government uses scenario or milsim paintball as a primary training tool?

kungura View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kungura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2008 at 7:54pm

ah, you've misunderstood once again, it's alright, i'll explain.

I never said as a primary tool, but you must be aware of the US ARMY, SAS, Greek Forces, GSF and others in Europe...which have used, and still do whether it be for team communications, forced entry tactics, dealing with incoming fire etc. 

lets not forget the 'paintball terrorists' (I joke) 

all these (and i'm sure plenty more) utilize paintball as a small part in their tactical training using not regular paintballs, but 'simunitions' if you will.

--A5--
APE Rampage
Hammerhead Barrel
Red Hot Power Tube
Orange Howitser Bolt
EoTech 512
Bad Habitz Spring
Rufus Dawg D.T
P.E HPA 88ci-4500PSI
Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2008 at 9:39pm

I never said as a primary tool, but you must be aware of the US ARMY, SAS, Greek Forces, GSF and others in Europe...which have used, and still do whether it be for team communications, forced entry tactics, dealing with incoming fire etc. 

all these (and i'm sure plenty more) utilize paintball as a small part in their tactical training using not regular paintballs, but 'simunitions' if you will.

Simunitions  are not paintball, they are a completely different animal and in no way do they even come close to resembling paintball.

Real paintball markers are rarely ever used used in training because of the inherent flaws that are associated with paintball. The few times they were used in the US military were in testbed environments where paintball was being evaluated to see if it could be used as a effective training tool. In most cases it was not proven as a effective method. Don't go making sweeping generalizations when you don't know what the reality of what you are talking about is.
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2008 at 9:42pm
Originally posted by Snake6 Snake6 wrote:

I never said as a primary tool, but you must be aware of the US ARMY, SAS, Greek Forces, GSF and others in Europe...which have used, and still do whether it be for team communications, forced entry tactics, dealing with incoming fire etc.

Simunitions are not paintball, they are a completely different animal and in no way do they even come close to resembling paintball.Real paintball markers are rarely ever used used in training because of the inherent flaws that are associated with paintball. The few times they were used in the US military were in testbed environments where paintball was being evaluated to see if it could be used as a effective training tool. In most cases it was not proven as a effective method. Don't go making sweeping generalizations when you don't know what the reality of what you are talking about is.

OMG no, they train ALL THE TIME with paintball, you don't know anything.
carl_the_sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 7/29, Bad Linky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2008 at 9:54pm
I don't see anything wrong with millsim really.

Except for the guys who take it WAY to seriously.

Like the 45 year old men at my field who show up every week in full cammo and the latest in opsgear additions that play the game exactly like a combat situation.
thejudge View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thejudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2008 at 1:43am
I do agree that you dont NEED the cosmetic upgrades or the BDUs but it does add an element  I like.  I also dont think that someone needs to be able to shoot over 15 bps but people still want to, and that is their choice.  Paintball is all about having fun so like I said, to each his own.
Stay low, run fast, and hope that paintball doesn't hit your...
kungura View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kungura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2008 at 8:01pm

I've taken the liberty to move the milsim + military training part to the 'thoughts and opinions' board.  Have a read, i think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

--A5--
APE Rampage
Hammerhead Barrel
Red Hot Power Tube
Orange Howitser Bolt
EoTech 512
Bad Habitz Spring
Rufus Dawg D.T
P.E HPA 88ci-4500PSI
BaldBird View Drop Down
Camper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaldBird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2008 at 8:18pm
Woodsball/Scenario/MILSIM is just another way to enjoy the game, the wilderness, the comraderie, whatever you may. Speedball is cool too, if you enjoy going through case after case of paint, with colorful guns, and blow-up (sorry inflateable) bunkers. Sounds like a kids game, but to each his own, right? I believe I've seen that phrase a time or two on this forum.
"One Shot, One Kill, may it be a speedball player lost in the woods"
Evil Elvis View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Crusher of Dreams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evil Elvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2008 at 10:26pm
Disreguarding the OMG what will the world think of us posts from the over sensible tourney players ( ) here. MILSIM is just a style of paintball wich much like First Person Shooters are to Video Games. It's just another game.

The trick to MILSIM to be both Practical and Tactical. To find a balance between the two so you dont make yourself obsolete when playing larger games.
impulse! View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested - Repeat Offender

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2008 at 11:33am
Originally posted by Snake6 Snake6 wrote:

Simunitions  are not paintball, they are a completely different animal and in no way do they even come close to resembling paintball.

Real paintball markers are rarely ever used used in training because of the inherent flaws that are associated with paintball. The few times they were used in the US military were in testbed environments where paintball was being evaluated to see if it could be used as a effective training tool. In most cases it was not proven as a effective method. Don't go making sweeping generalizations when you don't know what the reality of what you are talking about is.

Actually they still do..... Buddy got back from SWAT training for Security Forces. They used paintball for his first stage, then follow into simunitions.

So don't think you know everything because your in the military. There is more than one branch of the military.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic