FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Milsim?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
a5Tpp789 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

in the closet MILSIMer...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a5Tpp789 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2008 at 4:12pm
Originally posted by Evil Elvis Evil Elvis wrote:

Hence your preference. Is there any point to any of your threads here?
Are you hoping that one of the MILSIM crowd is going to 'Deliver' you to
the good sidPaintball is what it is, it's what each person playing makes of
it. I choose to adopt a more Military like Playing style. My team Mates
who play Tourney ball choose that style of play and most of the rest of
my Team has just adopted the Best of Both Styles making them ungodly
good at playing Big Games and 24 scenarios.

What when did I make any threads saying stating my opinions on milsim
this thread is all about milsim therefor why shouldn't I state my opinion as
do you state yours
and explain to me how I am trying to get on any milsimmers good side
because I sure as hell don't know
if you put 500 dollars into an A5 it is still an A5
Cyberdemon View Drop Down
Guested by request

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cyberdemon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2008 at 5:24pm
lol at first post

oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2008 at 8:42pm

Same thing with getting a custom color for your car or new seats ect ect...

I keep begging my wife for 22's, bowling ball paint, and Marvin the Martin stiched seat covers for our Minivan, but so far....

BTW Elvis, I looked at your profile and your job description. Are you active military? If so, thank you for what you do. Would explain your general respectful attitude towards others that a lot of our younger member lack and need.

"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.
Evil Elvis View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Crusher of Dreams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evil Elvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2008 at 12:57am
Originally posted by a5Tpp789 a5Tpp789 wrote:

Hence your preference. Is there any point to any of your threads here?
Are you hoping that one of the MILSIM crowd is going to 'Deliver' you to
the good sidPaintball is what it is, it's what each person playing makes of
it. I choose to adopt a more Military like Playing style. My team Mates
who play Tourney ball choose that style of play and most of the rest of
my Team has just adopted the Best of Both Styles making them ungodly
good at playing Big Games and 24 scenarios.

What when did I make any threads saying stating my opinions on milsim
this thread is all about milsim therefor why shouldn't I state my opinion as
do you state yours
and explain to me how I am trying to get on any milsimmers good side
because I sure as hell don't know

I meant it towards the "You havent prooved me wrong" statements that you have made in this thread and the like. Just as your general statements that you have made that anything outside of Tournament Paintball to be a "Waste of Money". And now how you changed your demeanor of the conversation towards a 'why are you MILSIMers' And it's been explained already it's just personal preference. The only kind of wrong paintball is the kind where idiots light up Private Property and people not playing.
Evil Elvis View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Crusher of Dreams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evil Elvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2008 at 12:59am
Originally posted by oldpbnoob oldpbnoob wrote:

BTW Elvis, I looked at your profile and your job description. Are you active military? If so, thank you for what you do. Would explain your general respectful attitude towards others that a lot of our younger member lack and need.

I am not Active, well not unless the Commies or Zombies decide to Invade then I guess we are all Drafted in. And I did the same sacrifice that a Cop, Fire Figther or Paramedic does. Thou thanks
PaiNTbALLfReNzY View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Arsenal FC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaiNTbALLfReNzY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2008 at 10:00am
Milsim reality
fourfiftysix View Drop Down
strike 1, 2/20 language

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fourfiftysix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2008 at 11:11am

lol

ACOB hahahah

transform into the ghost rider
ammolord View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ammolord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2008 at 11:46am
lol, nice.
PSN Tag: AmmoLord
XBL: xXAmmoLordXx

~Minister of Tinkering With Things That Go "BOOM!"(AKA Minister of Munitions)~
a5Tpp789 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

in the closet MILSIMer...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a5Tpp789 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2008 at 3:20pm
i lol'd
if you put 500 dollars into an A5 it is still an A5
nicked999 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicked999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2008 at 7:48am

I have read through this particular topic with interest. I agree with thejudge, its all down to personal preference. I don't understand where all the animosity comes from between the styles of play, as im led to believe that paintball started in the woods to allow the weekend warriors to dress up as commandos and shoot their mates, correct me if im wrong!

I personally prefer milsim, maybe it's because im ex military, and enjoy the tactical, realism of conflict and dressing up like a commando side of things. Here in the UK, we have a growing interest in this side of paintball, have a look at milsimcombat.com, these people have access to ex SAS, who instruct them in hostage rescue, fieldcraft and have markers which do LOOK like the real thing.

So can we all agree to disagree, and stop berating each other over which style is best

Snake6. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2008 at 10:18am
Originally posted by nicked999 nicked999 wrote:

So can we all agree to disagree, and stop berating each other over which style is best

You have alot to learn about the internet...

Paintball Chat
I'm at work, Leave me alone!!!
nicked999 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicked999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2008 at 10:40am
Thanks snake6 i obviously do!
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2008 at 8:32pm
So when the French play milsim, do they all drop their markers and throw their hands up at the first sign of the enemy?
"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2008 at 8:41pm
^^^Wrong; but funny.
ammolord View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ammolord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2008 at 9:46pm

Originally posted by oldpbnoob oldpbnoob wrote:

So when the French play milsim, do they all drop their markers and throw their hands up at the first sign of the enemy?

i lol'ed, i would say yes.

thejudge View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thejudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2008 at 11:34pm
Originally posted by nicked999 nicked999 wrote:

Thanks nicked... that is my feel on it and yes paintball did originate in the woods and has moved to different areas since then.  Pesonally I have played with people that use speedball, pumps, milsim, etc.  I like them all and think everyone has their own say in what they buy.

Stay low, run fast, and hope that paintball doesn't hit your...
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2008 at 12:06am
When you think about it, A5T-whatever is kind of right.  Mil-sim is a waste of money.  But, the same could be said about paintball in general; it really serves no useful purpose.  We could all better spend our money getting additional education, clothing the poor, or feeding the hungry.  However, I find paintball to be a fun endeavor; and, since it is my money I'm spending, I will continue to waste it on paintball.  Not only that, I will waste it on the kind of paintball I like to play no matter what opinion some random whiner on the internet may hold.  I recommend that you all do the same . . . and have fun while you're at it.
thejudge View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thejudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2008 at 12:57am
Well said Mack!!!!!!!!!
Stay low, run fast, and hope that paintball doesn't hit your...
nicked999 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicked999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2008 at 3:58pm

Quite! very well put. It can't be all that bad being into the milsim side of things as the paintball market caters very well for us, with shrouds etc. I also think that snake6 needs to have a look at urban warfare center website to see that the military do use paintball for training sometimes, these people have also done a presentation to our own armed forces here in the UK, no offence snake, but i played against your lot when i was based at RAF St Mawgan, and we whupped ass big styleee, i think your lost every game, and we were lowly military policemen.

ammolord View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ammolord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2008 at 4:18pm
holy crap, this is still going??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic