Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Milsim?

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
a5Tpp789 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

in the closet MILSIMer...

Joined: 22 October 2005
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 1281
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a5Tpp789 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2008 at 4:44pm
Originally posted by Mack Mack wrote:



Originally posted by a5Tpp789 a5Tpp789 wrote:

I am a troll.
Fixed/translated.

didnt you say it is stupid for one paintballer to insult another one over
wick style he prefered/thinks hmm
your comeback might be that is what
just did but I happened to be stating my opinion which I should have said
but I was in a rush


And If you are on a team jerseys aren't a waste



Edited by a5Tpp789 - 01 March 2008 at 4:46pm
if you put 500 dollars into an A5 it is still an A5
Back to Top
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Avatar
Has no impulse! control

Joined: 13 January 2004
Location: 2nd Circle
Status: Offline
Points: 9821
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2008 at 5:38pm
Originally posted by a5Tpp789 a5Tpp789 wrote:

Originally posted by Mack Mack wrote:



Originally posted by a5Tpp789 a5Tpp789 wrote:

I am a troll.
Fixed/translated.

didnt you say it is stupid for one paintballer to insult another one over
wick style he prefered/thinks hmm

Yes I did.  I should also point out that I did not insult you over which style you preferred.  You posted this statement:

Originally posted by a5Tpp789 a5Tpp789 wrote:

milsim is a waste of money


Which was obviously intended to be insulting to the mil-sim crowd by inferring that they don't spend their money intelligently.  The only reasonable reason to post such a contentious statement is that you wished to elicit argumentative responses.  If you were merely stating your opinion, you would have phrased it in a less insulting manner.  This is trollish behaviour.  The response you received was that I acknowledged it as such.

your comeback might be that is what
just did but I happened to be stating my opinion . . .

Which you are entitled to do.  But if you chose to do so in a rude manner, then you shouldn't be surprised when someone calls you on it.

. . . which I should have said . . .

Yes, you should have.

. . . but I was in a rush . . .

Then you should try being in less of a rush and work on communicating more effectively.  Nobody here can tell what you are thinking when you make a post; your fellow forum members can only judge you by what you put out for us to read.  In this case, I made a judgment based on what you provided.  The fact that my judgment may have been erroneous due to an incomplete message is a problem related to the sender of the message; not the recipient.

And If you are on a team jerseys aren't a waste

I'm assuming that last comment was aimed at someone else.

However, if I chose to argue the point, I would ask if team jerseys make the shooters more accurate or give them more trigger speed.

Of course, if I was arguing the other side of the point, I would say that the jerseys promote esprit de corps and allow instant recognition between team members. 

The truth is it comes down to what game someone plays and what is fun for them.  I don't play speedball much because I don't enjoy it that much; but if someone else wants to spend their own money on it, that is their business.




Edited by Mack - 02 March 2008 at 9:37pm
Back to Top
a5Tpp789 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

in the closet MILSIMer...

Joined: 22 October 2005
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 1281
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a5Tpp789 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2008 at 8:02pm
but you still didnt prove me wrong
if you put 500 dollars into an A5 it is still an A5
Back to Top
ammolord View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Avatar

Joined: 06 July 2007
Location: Minot, ND
Status: Offline
Points: 1832
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ammolord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2008 at 8:09pm
hey, to all theyre own.
PSN Tag: AmmoLord
XBL: xXAmmoLordXx


~Minister of Tinkering With Things That Go "BOOM!"(AKA Minister of Munitions)~
Back to Top
scotchyscotch View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Avatar
Currently awaiting brand new strikes.

Joined: 09 October 2006
Location: Scotland
Status: Offline
Points: 1948
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scotchyscotch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2008 at 8:31pm

Originally posted by a5Tpp789 a5Tpp789 wrote:

but you still didnt prove me wrong

I dont think he was trying to.

 

The Reaper "And yet... His facebook says he "likes" Coons..."
Back to Top
DOME_SHOT View Drop Down
Member
Member
Avatar

Joined: 19 January 2008
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 67
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DOME_SHOT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2008 at 8:49pm

Originally posted by Reb Cpl Reb Cpl wrote:

Originally posted by a5Tpp789 a5Tpp789 wrote:

milsim is a waste of money


so are costly paint jobs, flashy jerseys, multiple cases of paint, and so on and so forth.

In fact, what we do is a hobby here fella. Hobbies are often a 'waste of money' we know it, but do it anyway. Its only the ignorant that take the jab at another's hobby without looking at his own and realizing that what he does, while it may be different than someone else's on the surface- ultimately amounts to the same thing.

Again, I am not a milsim player, but how the hell is spending money on something you enjoy a 'waste?'
 

 thank you         

to each his own



Edited by DOME_SHOT - 02 March 2008 at 8:53pm
SmartParts-SP8
14" j&j
Collapsing stock
egg 3
Non wear bolt(orange county)
Back to Top
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Avatar
Has no impulse! control

Joined: 13 January 2004
Location: 2nd Circle
Status: Offline
Points: 9821
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2008 at 9:37pm
Originally posted by scotchyscotch scotchyscotch wrote:

Originally posted by a5Tpp789 a5Tpp789 wrote:

but you still didnt prove me wrong

I dont think he was trying to.



Exactly; It is an opinion, as such it is neither correct or incorrect, but is dependent upon the viewpoint of the holder. 

I am neither a fan of flashy speedball jerseys or mil-sim, thus my opinion might be that both are a waste of money.  But it would be just my opinion.  A speedball player would probably consider the jerseys useful for the reason I mentioned before while the mil-simmer would feel that his equipment increased his enjoyment of the game and as such, was not a waste of funds.

The fact that you are continuing to try and start an argument on this point despite the fact that no one is actually interested in arguing against you however supports my original contention that you are a troll.
Back to Top
a5Tpp789 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

in the closet MILSIMer...

Joined: 22 October 2005
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 1281
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a5Tpp789 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2008 at 7:24pm
arguments are ussually stupid bickery this thread has turned into a
Discusiin which is when people state opinions or beliefs although I was
wrong to not say in my opinion in my origional post I think that you are
getting upset because you are forgetting that this is a Internet discussion
forums notice discussion in that last sentence but notice that this thread
has become discussion and like I said before I was in a rush to get to
my job but since I dont want to turn this thread into stupid bickering I will
state why I feel that way now the reason is because milsim doesn't help
the marker and while you feel the milsim makes you feel happy people
do not look at thier marker when playing




The reason the font is wierd is because I am typing on my iPod




Edited by a5Tpp789 - 03 March 2008 at 7:29pm
if you put 500 dollars into an A5 it is still an A5
Back to Top
ammolord View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Avatar

Joined: 06 July 2007
Location: Minot, ND
Status: Offline
Points: 1832
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ammolord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2008 at 7:36pm
just to throw this out there, i look at my marker while playing.
PSN Tag: AmmoLord
XBL: xXAmmoLordXx


~Minister of Tinkering With Things That Go "BOOM!"(AKA Minister of Munitions)~
Back to Top
a5Tpp789 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

in the closet MILSIMer...

Joined: 22 October 2005
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 1281
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a5Tpp789 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2008 at 7:42pm
but not studying itor thinking about . The shrouds on the barrel or
example
if you put 500 dollars into an A5 it is still an A5
Back to Top
Evil Elvis View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Avatar
Crusher of Dreams

Joined: 10 June 2002
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 4250
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evil Elvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2008 at 6:23pm
Originally posted by a5Tpp789 a5Tpp789 wrote:

but not studying itor thinking about . The shrouds on the barrel or
example


Actually Stocks help me Walk the rounds on target better for when I am trying to get a ball in some opening in a Bunker. I use folding stocks so i can fold it out of the way when I need it.

And extracted for when I need it. Unlike you I started using Firearms with Stocks so the way that HPA bottles are used as stocks for Tournament styled paintball guns to me feels akwards and it cant seem to get comfortable with it.

The useless can also be said of snazzy anno jobs or stickers on Hoppers since they do nothing to improve a guns peformances it's just personal preferences. Same with Mag kits and other MILSIM bolts on it's all just player preferences.Same thing with getting a custom color for your car or new seats ect ect...
Back to Top
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Avatar
Has no impulse! control

Joined: 13 January 2004
Location: 2nd Circle
Status: Offline
Points: 9821
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2008 at 12:10am
Originally posted by Evil Elvis Evil Elvis wrote:

Originally posted by a5Tpp789 a5Tpp789 wrote:

but not studying itor thinking about . The shrouds on the barrel or
example


Actually Stocks help me Walk the rounds on target better for when I am trying to get a ball in some opening in a Bunker.

Ditto.  (Despite the fact that I don't really have a mil-sim marker.)

I use folding stocks so i can fold it out of the way when I need it.

I have an older JCS folding stock on one of my 98s.  Having tried solid and collapsing, I prefer the folding.

And extracted for when I need it. Unlike you I started using Firearms with Stocks so the way that HPA bottles are used as stocks for Tournament styled paintball guns to me feels akwards and it cant seem to get comfortable with it.

Have to agree with this as well.  I had years of experience with real firearms before I ever picked up a marker.  It just doesn't feel right to shoulder up to a tank on a drop forward.  (This is probably one of the reasons I run CO2 on my Tippmanns; the buttplate/tank combination makes a decent feeling stock on the non-stock equipped ones.)


a5Tpp789; cool title.
Back to Top
a5Tpp789 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

in the closet MILSIMer...

Joined: 22 October 2005
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 1281
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a5Tpp789 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2008 at 4:15pm
but Back to the topic stocks aren't always milsim
if you put 500 dollars into an A5 it is still an A5
Back to Top
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Avatar
Has no impulse! control

Joined: 13 January 2004
Location: 2nd Circle
Status: Offline
Points: 9821
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2008 at 6:59pm
Originally posted by a5Tpp789 a5Tpp789 wrote:

but Back to the topic stocks aren't always milsim


Quite true.  I don't think anyone here would classify the marker I have the stock on as mil-sim.  It is just a marker system set up to allow for additional maneuverability in the thicker stuff I play in sometimes but to still give a stable firing platform when I'm in the open.
Back to Top
a5Tpp789 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

in the closet MILSIMer...

Joined: 22 October 2005
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 1281
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a5Tpp789 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2008 at 10:17pm
years ago when I had a tippmann a5 I used to have a retractible stock
but I couldn't stand it because I play up front and I found that bulkey
thing in the way but I never tried a car stock i probably would have liked it
but I dont have a tippmann anymore
In my opinion I prefer the tank more than anything else
if you put 500 dollars into an A5 it is still an A5
Back to Top
Evil Elvis View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Avatar
Crusher of Dreams

Joined: 10 June 2002
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 4250
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evil Elvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2008 at 11:44pm
Originally posted by a5Tpp789 a5Tpp789 wrote:

years ago when I had a tippmann a5 I used to have a retractible stock
but I couldn't stand it because I play up front and I found that bulkey
thing in the way but I never tried a car stock i probably would have liked it
but I dont have a tippmann anymore
In my opinion I prefer the tank more than anything else


Hence your preference. Is there any point to any of your threads here? Are you hoping that one of the MILSIM crowd is going to 'Deliver' you to the good side.

Paintball is what it is, it's what each person playing makes of it. I choose to adopt a more Military like Playing style. My team Mates who play Tourney ball choose that style of play and most of the rest of my Team has just adopted the Best of Both Styles making them ungodly good at playing Big Games and 24 scenarios.
Back to Top
Tolgak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Master of MSPaint and bri's Daddy

Joined: 12 July 2002
Location: BEHIND YOU!
Status: Offline
Points: 1239481
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tolgak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2008 at 10:34am
At what point would you guys regard someone as playing "milsim?" At what point would you start ridiculing those guys?

The gear that infantry uses reflect two purposes. Combat and camping.

Is it wrong to have the combat aspects of that gear on? Do people really wear boots and camo and vests just for looks? Everything an infantryman wears (combat-wise) is designed to make combat easier and safer. Parts of guns are designed to make them easier and more ergonomic to handle.

So what's the harm in someone's gear set if they are more comfortable with that type of equipment?

Why ridicule people with sights if they help them aim?
...for stocks and shrouds (even mags as vertical grips) if they help them hold the gun steady?
...for boots if they protect their ankles?
...for vests if they make equipment quick and easy to access?
...for helmets if they protect their heads from the environment?

I think too many people wrongfully accuse gear for being the problem.

The problem is the milsim attitude. The people that try to approach paintball like real war. Gear does not necessarily reflect that.

It's when people play as if the next shot will literally kill them. It's when they try to enact a strict chain of command. It's when they play as if our guns can shoot out to 300 yards. It's when they start wearing undeserved military insignia on the field.

Those are the people you should be ridiculing, not just those who have milsim gear. Those are the people that ruin the enjoyment in games.

Though I've never shot an MP5, I'm much more comfortable holding one than the formula paintball gun. My A-5 is set up similarly to one (except I have a vertical 3.5 oz tank in place of a magazine), and I'm an order of magnitude better at hitting targets than I was when I ran it with a bottomline. Aside from how much easier it is to hold the gun while doing a crouch-walk or while aiming while prone, I also get the addition of having aesthetically attractive gear that is out of the way when I need it to be.

The gun is closer to milsim (not in looks) than any other .68 cal because I have no remote and I run limited paint. It even reflects my mentality that everything I have should be light and slim. Aside from the gun, the most bulky thing on my is my hydration bladder.


Milsim gear is useful (heavyness is good sometimes). Milsim attitude is not. Learn the difference.
Back to Top
Rambino View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Avatar
I am even less fun in person

Joined: 15 August 2002
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 16593
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rambino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2008 at 12:10pm

But so what if I like to wear general's stars on the field?  Isn't that my bidness?  As long as I don't start barking orders at you, why should you care?  And if I DO bark orders, what does it matter that I am wearing rank insignia?  Getting yelled at by strangers is annoying, whether they are playing war or not.

I can see giggling at the hardcore milsimmers they way you giggle at Trekkies, but the milsimminess itself is basically harmless - much like Trekkies.

Back to Top
Tolgak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Master of MSPaint and bri's Daddy

Joined: 12 July 2002
Location: BEHIND YOU!
Status: Offline
Points: 1239481
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tolgak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2008 at 12:32pm
Originally posted by Rambino Rambino wrote:

But so what if I like to wear general's stars on the field?  Isn't that my bidness?  As long as I don't start barking orders at you, why should you care?  And if I DO bark orders, what does it matter that I am wearing rank insignia?  Getting yelled at by strangers is annoying, whether they are playing war or not.

I can see giggling at the hardcore milsimmers they way you giggle at Trekkies, but the milsimminess itself is basically harmless - much like Trekkies.



I meant more along the lines of individual units and whatnot. Unless you're doing a reenactment, you have no business wearing airborne or SAS patches and honors you haven't received.

Rank is another issue. It's really no big deal because they're applicable to almost every situation. As long as you don't go about claiming you really are a general or whatever in some military force, it's no big deal.
Back to Top
thejudge View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Avatar

Joined: 24 April 2007
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 1658
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thejudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2008 at 3:51pm
I agree to a point.  I mean I am on a scenario team and we have cetain rankings for some people on the team that are indeed our team leaders.  Just because we call them Commander or Captain etc. doesnt mean anything in real life.  And I knwo alot of people who do only play reenactment styles so they have to act like a unit.  But isnt any paintball the same way.  Acting as a team is acting as a unit.  just under a different name.
Stay low, run fast, and hope that paintball doesn't hit your...
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 10.03

This page was generated in 0.188 seconds.