Topic ClosedUndisputable idiot dickery

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Author
ShortyBP View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

A G F Y

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2008 at 11:15pm
Can always take away all police MP5s and just replace them with something like I just bought and picked up today:

Semi-only and 22LR.
Hardly so dangerous as to shoot thru schools or wreak havoc amongst the suburbian sheeple.
Susan Storm View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Shot at Love Contestant

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2008 at 11:18pm

Nice gun.  I see you have it loaded with silver bullets.  You having a full moon out there?

"No society can surely be flourishing and happy, of which the far greater part of the members are poor and miserable."
carl_the_sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 7/29, Bad Linky

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2008 at 11:20pm
Originally posted by ShortyBP ShortyBP wrote:

Can always take away all police MP5s and just replace them with something like I just bought and picked up today:

Semi-only and 22LR.
Hardly so dangerous as to shoot thru schools or wreak havoc amongst the suburbian sheeple.

That's quite nice.

Too bad we can't own them in Canada... or is it?
Rp Fr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
This title is just way too old

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2008 at 11:21pm
Your Private Message "New Gun?", has not been sent!

ShortyBP has exceeded the maximum number of Private Messages they are allowed to receive.

Ahem...
Belt #2 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 2 - Drug use thread

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2008 at 11:22pm

Originally posted by Belt #2 Belt #2 wrote:

Anyone that says the MP5 is "over powered" needs to pull thier politically correct head out of thier rear. If you do some actual ligimate research...
Belt... these are the same folk that think a 30rd magazine will by default, kill schoolchildren and puppies on a whim, complete on it's own... without any weapon or user.
They talk about my AR15 as if it were a "machine gun". They cried foul when the Assault Weapon Ban sunset came, because now people can buy automatic weapons.

They don't have a clue about firearms. Nor do they care. You can tell them til your blue in the face, that the MP5 shoots pistol-caliber rounds... but they'll still think it's capable of shooting a skyscraper in half (without reloading).

Fact of the matter is... they don't like GUNS, period.
And they dislike "Scary" guns, like the ones they see in movies, even more.

Yeah, I hear ya man. My dad, several of his friends, and numerous uncles have been telling me that for a decade now (that most of the anti-gun movement is run by phobia or complexes or what ever - people that just hates guns).

I find it hard to understand why someone would be so bent on getting rid of firearms. I can understand the whole "violence" and "crime" and the ease of which one can kill... but still. If you know what you're doing, and exercise common sense and a lot of discipline and self control no one would be injured by a firearm... (but we're not in a perfect world)

Do I really have to remind you of the ten commandments of gun safety? Come on...

If people were more responsible, and scatter-brained politicans didn't pander it'd be a much happier world.

I'll sleep tight knowing that, if required, I have Great Grandpas Auto-Five dilligently waiting in the closet for "those" kinds of moments. It may only be a 16 gauge, but I guarantee if I could get to it in time, it would change the mind of anyone that's acting on a train of thought they never should have formed in the first place (If not, I have a survival knife next to my bed). One thing I won't let anyone take away is the means by which I could end up defending myself with (especially seeing as how I plan on doing gunsmithing for a living).

I have no idea where this post went. Rambling again.

But anyway, what seperates an MP5 from an AR15/30, price wise, is about $4000 to $6000 for the MP5 and about $1200 to $3000 for the Ar15/30. pretty big difference.

Most importantly - People suck.
ShortyBP View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

A G F Y

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2008 at 11:24pm
Originally posted by carl_the_sniper carl_the_sniper wrote:

Unaware of Canada's laws.

It's made in Germany... folks in the UK and elsewhere in Europe are allowed to have it (the SBR versions even) despite their tough restrictions.
It's rimfire... not sure if that makes a difference in Canadaland?

They won't want you to have it if you live in North Jersey, I'll tell ya that much (for starters, it has those evil more-than-15-round magazines)
Bolt3 View Drop Down
What?

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2008 at 11:26pm
Let's just get rid of guns all together.

I'm sure the bad-guys will get tired of shooting unarmed people and resort to knife fights.
<Removed sig for violation of Clause 4 of the New Sig Rules>
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2008 at 11:28pm

Semi-only and 22LR.

Since you can't have silencers, whats on the barrel? I know nothing of firearms.
pepprdog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Zeus of the Mod Squad

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2008 at 11:31pm

Anyone that says the MP5 is "over powered" needs to pull thier politically correct head out of thier rear. If you do some actual ligimate research...
Belt... these are the same folk that think a 30rd magazine will by default, kill schoolchildren and puppies on a whim, complete on it's own... without any weapon or user. They talk about my AR15 as if it were a "machine gun". They cried foul when the Assault Weapon Ban sunset came, because now people can buy automatic weapons. They don't have a clue about firearms. Nor do they care. You can tell them til your blue in the face, that the MP5 shoots pistol-caliber rounds... but they'll still think it's capable of shooting a skyscraper in half (without reloading). Fact of the matter is... they don't like GUNS, period. And they dislike "Scary" guns, like the ones they see in movies, even more.

Yeah, I hear ya man. My dad, several of his friends, and numerous uncles have been telling me that fora decade now(that most of the anti-gun movement is run by phobia or complexes or what ever - people that just hates guns).

I find it hard to understand why someone would be so bent on getting rid of firearms. I can understand the whole "violence" and "crime" and the ease of which one can kill... but still. If you k[IMG]title=Outdent style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick="FormatText'Outdent', ''" src="http://www.tippmann.com/forum/wwf77a/forum_images/post_ button_outdent.gif" align=absMiddle>now what you're doing, and exercise common sense and a lot of discipline and self control no one would be injured by a firearm... (but we're not in a perfect world)

Do I really have to remind you of the ten commandments of gun safety? Come on...

If people were more responsible,and scatter-brained politicans didn'tpander it'd be a much happier world.

I'll sleep tight knowing that, if required, I have Great Grandpas Auto-Five dilligently waiting in the closet for "those" kinds of moments. It may only be a 16 gauge, but I guarantee if I could get to it in time, it would change the mind of anyone that's acting on a train of thought they never should have formed in the first place (If not, I have a survival knife next to my bed). One thing I won't let anyone take away is the means by which I could end up defending myself with (especially seeing as how I plan on doing gunsmithing for a living).

That's what the second amendment is all about...being able to protect your country, your family and yourself with a firearm.

NRA Certified;Range Safety officer
NRA Certified Instructor:     
Basic Pistol-Home Firearm Safety-Ohio Concealed Carry
"Refuse to be a victim"
ShortyBP View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

A G F Y

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2008 at 11:35pm
Originally posted by choopie911 choopie911 wrote:

Since you can't have silencers, whats on the barrel? I know nothing of firearms.
Well... if I wanted, I COULD have a suppressor(silencer). All I would need to do is pay a $200 tax. (It's nice to live in a relatively "free" state)

What looks like a suppressor is just a shroud. For cosmetic purposes. With the exception of SBRs (Short Barreled Rifles) which require yet another $200 tax stamp... it is required that rifles in the US have a barrel length of at least 16 inches.

In order to make this rifle pleasing to the eye... the designer made it appear as if the barrel had a suppressor on it. It would otherwise be a thin barrel extending out the end. We all know girth is better.
Rp Fr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
This title is just way too old

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2008 at 11:40pm

Originally posted by choopie911 choopie911 wrote:

Well... if I wanted, I COULD have a suppressor(silencer). All I would need to do is pay a $200 tax. (It's nice to live in a relatively "free" state)

What looks like a suppressor is just a shroud. For cosmetic purposes. With the exception of SBRs (Short Barreled Rifles) which require yet another $200 tax stamp... it is required that rifles in the US have a barrel length of at least 16 inches.

In order to make this rifle pleasing to the eye... the designer made it appear as if the barrel had a suppressor on it. It would otherwise be a thin barrel extending out the end. We all know girth is better.

Wait, I thought silencers were illegal everywhere in the US?
Susan Storm View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Shot at Love Contestant

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2008 at 11:45pm
Silencers aren't illegal.  They are simply a Class 3 weapon, like a full automatic weapon.  Requires registration, $200 license fee, and - most importantly - permission from your local sheriff.
"No society can surely be flourishing and happy, of which the far greater part of the members are poor and miserable."
Belt #2 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 2 - Drug use thread

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2008 at 11:46pm

Originally posted by  Rp Fr Rp Fr wrote:

Wait, I thought silencers were illegal everywhere in the US?

No. Only in certain areas are they 100% outlawed.

You can own basically what ever you want, weapon wise, it's just a matter of getting the proper paperwork and background checks, and paying all of the right taxes.

and when I say basically what ever you want, I mean, silencers, full autos, explosives, artillery, battle tanks, etc.

You just have to know how to play the legal game and jump through all the required hoops. A Clean record definately helps.

Most importantly - People suck.
Dye Playa View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested- Reposted Inapropiate Link.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2008 at 11:48pm

Originally posted by Dye Playa Dye Playa wrote:

A 7mm bullet is still going to drop someone no problem, and it's going to do it more accurately and at a much greater distance than a shotgun. For cops, shotguns have to be the most useless and unpractical weapon, why they carry them is beyond me.

Uh... no...

Two words: "Riot Control"

Shotguns are amoung some of the most flexable weapons out there, and (I'm sorry to say that you're wrong on this) extremely practical given the right situation.

Anything from buckshot, birdshot, bean bags, rifled and smoothed bored slugs and sabots, door breeching rounds, rubber "riot rings," Smoke and tear gas grenade launchers, hell... mossberg even makes a 3 or 4 prong climbing hook with a spool of steel cable for climbing purposes. You can even shoot rock salt out of a scatter-gun (usually less-lethal, but painful as anything can be - aside from an actual bullet) If you can fit it into the chamber and fire it with out damaging the barrel or mechanism, chances are it will work in a shotgun (maybe not always effectively, but hey)

Targets can be accurately engaged from suprisingly long distances with a rifled, saboted slug. If you know what you're doing, a slug's accuracy at 150-175 yds or less, can rival that of most off the shelf rifles.

Shotguns are very practical for most situations, if you ask me, but not all. You'll still need the good old 300 Win Mag for the determined fighters at long ranges, or when shot placement matters.

There are a very large number of purpose-built shotguns out there that get the job done very well, but there is just no replacing the medium and high powered rifle category; that's one thing I can aagree on.

I'm not bashing your post, just rambling on.

I understand, but it's not likely a cop is carrying every shell, birdshot through buckshot, teargas through beanbag, or whatever else shotguns can shoot, in the back of his cruiser. They probably have buckshot loaded (just a guess, don't quote me on that). Not only that, a slug is completely overkill, has unnecessary knockdown and momentum, and is not accurate compared to a rifle in the least bit; hell shooting a rifled slug even means a barrel swap. They have tasers now, so I kind of foresee bean bags and salt being pushed aside, and tear nades are just as effective as something being shot out of a gun.

And shorty, what kind of gun is that, and how much?
pepprdog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Zeus of the Mod Squad

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2008 at 11:48pm
That's another urban legend, just like you're not allowed to shoot a fully automatic weapon. You can rent one and shoot all you want even without a class 3 license.
For a silencer, like shorty said, you pay the tax and you can buy one ....but usually for a VERY high price. Some firearms makers bypass the silencer tax by building their weapons with systems that silence the shot but it's part of the design of the gun and it doesn't take anything but the money (usually lots) and a basic background OK from Unki Sam.

Edited by pepprdog - 13 February 2008 at 11:54pm

NRA Certified;Range Safety officer
NRA Certified Instructor:     
Basic Pistol-Home Firearm Safety-Ohio Concealed Carry
"Refuse to be a victim"
carl_the_sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 7/29, Bad Linky

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2008 at 12:08am

Originally posted by carl_the_sniper carl_the_sniper wrote:

Unaware of Canada's laws.

It's made in Germany... folks in the UK and elsewhere in Europe are allowed to have it (the SBR versions even) despite their tough restrictions.
It's rimfire... not sure if that makes a difference in Canadaland?

They won't want you to have it if you live in North Jersey, I'll tell ya that much (for starters, it has those evil more-than-15-round magazines)

-Handguns: 10 rounds max

-Rifles: 5 rounds max (excluding bolt action firearms which have no restrictions)

-No fully automatic weapons

-Basically cannot carry a handgun unless you are going to the range or another pre-approved place.

-No sawed off weapons unless barrel is over a certain length

- Tasers, very short stun guns, pepper spray (pepper spray is legal to protect against animals but not humans even though if you use it against humans, you are still good. )

-Anything from the MP5, thompson, AR, AK, and a gagillion other rifle families are prohibited. Basically, almost any weapon that looks like a military one. (with a few exceptions)

-------------------------------------------------

Basically, I am against very few of those rules. None of those things are really necessary to someone using firearms for practical purposes and definately help to protect the public. I can't really think of any reason off the top of my head why I am against any of those rules actually (excluding pepper spray I suppose).
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2008 at 12:14am
I just like guns. I've got an AK-22 around here that's fun to plink with. It's a .22 LR blowback that looks like an AK-47. Kinda like Shorty's MP-5(thing) there. I'll get pics tomorrow.
Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

Skillet42565 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Actuarry its Skirret

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2008 at 12:19am
So Detrevni, got any new paintball guns coming soon?
Hysteria View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 2 - Language, 9/25

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2008 at 12:21am
Originally posted by DeTrevni DeTrevni wrote:

I just like guns. I've got an AK-22 around here that's fun to plink with. It's a .22 LR blowback that looks like an AK-47. Kinda like Shorty's MP-5(thing) there. I'll get pics tomorrow.

I have a friend that has a couple of milsim guns similar to these.  Pretty wicked.  Weren't you going to do something along these lines?
Skillet42565 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Actuarry its Skirret

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2008 at 12:22am
I was gonna turn the Shocker into an AK47 for the lulz once to use at a tournament.  Then I decided it wouldn't work well.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
  Share Topic