Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Your Hometown

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
AngelSlayer View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AngelSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2008 at 2:55am
Originally posted by PaiNTbALLfReNzY PaiNTbALLfReNzY wrote:

Originally posted by Apu Apu wrote:

Fredericksburg, Virginia. Very famous civil war battlefields, not to mention the fact that it was close to the center of DC and Richmond. Both the Battle of Chancellorsville and the Battle of Fredericksburg. George Washington's family lived across the river that I live on. Thats about it.

Fredericksburg is a pretty neat little city, I go there on weekends to Central Park. We usually go to Bailey's Grill and Pub, they have some good food, not to mention I just like the bar. Never really went to any of the historical sites though, are they any good?

if you aren't a civil war buff, there is nothing to do in fredericksburg except eat and get pregnant....some of the HS's there have the highest in the state and far beyond.....my parents live there

my adopted hometown, BLACKSBURG, VA

as made famous last spring by CNN, Fox news, CNBC, etc and basically everyone else with a camera

also it seems to have been home to one of the best engineering schools in the country...for some 136 odd years

Edited by AngelSlayer - 14 February 2008 at 2:56am

Hey, Pate, it does feel good to be a gangster.
Kingtiger View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Now with 100% more Fail

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kingtiger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2008 at 3:29am
Denver, Colorado. Most drunk City in the US.
Steam: Kingtiger125
Shub View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I donít have one either. Is that good???

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2008 at 12:54pm
Originally posted by sinisterNorth sinisterNorth wrote:

Originally posted by Shub Shub wrote:

Somerset, PA.

It was in the news a few years ago. Shanksville was where the fourth plane crashed on 9/11.

The next summer, we had the "9 for 9" frenzy when nine miners got trapped underground and subsequently rescued.

Somerset, PA and the surrounding area is notable for a lot of colonial history. The Whiskey Rebellion happened here, and George Washington passed through here as a soldier in the French & Indian War.
My junior and senior year I played in the Windber Rotary basketball tournament. My coach is originally from Windber. My girlfriend's aunt, uncle, and cousins live in Somerset.If you're ever up for a search, check the memorial wall for a "Lakeview Basketball" beanie. I put it on there last year when we visited.

Cool, next time I'm up there, I'll search for it...pics if I find it.
l3uLL3t View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote l3uLL3t Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2008 at 3:35pm
7th wonder of the world
THE ASTRODOME
Zata View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2008 at 3:40pm
I forget which boat company, but its the boat that is small and fast.  Anyways, they originated in my town, Marysville Michigan, and were originally built for running alcohol from Canada to Michigan.
Snipa69 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soulectomy complete in 3...2...1...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snipa69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2008 at 3:46pm

Originally posted by blackdog144 blackdog144 wrote:

Maple Valley, Washington. Still live here. Its boring, and far from society. Sort of.

Not true, you guys have hot chicks that work at the drive-through coffee stand in that one shopping area. Have no idea what it's called. My buddy was in charge of your Maple Valley Police Explorer thing even in to his 20's.

Sammamish Washington/Seattl. Ted Bundy abducted two girls from the State Park on Lake Sammamish that I hung out at when I was younger. The girl who won that TV Show The Swan was from Sammamish. That's about all that I can think of really for Sammamish.

As for seattle. Well, tons of crap. Obviously Sleepless in Seattle was filmed here. Again, Ted Bundy was around as his first wave of killings were in Washington. He attended the same University as I, although it was called University of Puget Sound at the time. Space Needle is popular, Pike Place Market is widely visited. The boat The Northwestern from Deadliest Catch calls Seattle's port home. WAYY to much stuff for me to list.

Edited by Snipa69 - 08 June 2008 at 3:56pm
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2008 at 3:48pm

Originally posted by l3uLL3t l3uLL3t wrote:

7th wonder of the world
THE ASTRODOME
Oh lawd. You're from Houston. GET OUT OF MAH CITY.

(Gatyr can stay. He's sexy enough.)

Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

Snipa69 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soulectomy complete in 3...2...1...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snipa69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2008 at 3:57pm
I was born in houston and lived there until I was 8, so i'll toss in whatever anyone else frmo houston says.
sporx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sporx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2008 at 4:03pm
erm... the state hospital.

slaves.

ya, that's just about it.
merc View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
American Scotchy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote merc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2008 at 4:13pm
natick, MA home of doug fluitie and the twinky factory (i think they took down the twinky factory)...
saving the world, one warship at a time.
52 Degrees View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 52 Degrees Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2008 at 4:46pm

Gary Condit (Con Did It)

A police force that used to be pretty decent to deal with till Howie Stevenson got shot (2 blocks from my former apartment)

Zata View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2008 at 11:31pm
Originally posted by Snipa69 Snipa69 wrote:

Originally posted by blackdog144 blackdog144 wrote:

Maple Valley, Washington. Still live here. Its boring, and far from society. Sort of.

Not true, you guys have hot chicks that work at the drive-through coffee stand in that one shopping area. Have no idea what it's called. My buddy was in charge of your Maple Valley Police Explorer thing even in to his 20's.

Sammamish Washington/Seattl. Ted Bundy abducted two girls from the State Park on Lake Sammamish that I hung out at when I was younger. The girl who won that TV Show The Swan was from Sammamish. That's about all that I can think of really for Sammamish.

As for seattle. Well, tons of crap. Obviously Sleepless in Seattle was filmed here. Again, Ted Bundy was around as his first wave of killings were in Washington. He attended the same University as I, although it was called University of Puget Sound at the time. Space Needle is popular, Pike Place Market is widely visited. The boat The Northwestern from Deadliest Catch calls Seattle's port home. WAYY to much stuff for me to list.

I love that whole state.  Did you guys happen to hear about the stuff going on in Skykomish where they have to dig up all the contaminated dirt from when trains used to refuel there?  Well my uncles company was hired to move all of the buildings/houses out of the way.  Anyways, its an absolutely beautiful state, I'd like to live there.
PaiNTbALLfReNzY View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Arsenal FC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaiNTbALLfReNzY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2008 at 10:41am
Mark McGuire lived in my hometown (Mission Viejo, CA)

oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2008 at 11:20am
Orlando Florida. Hmm. let me think.....
"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic