FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Zeitgeist: The Movie

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Zeitgeist: The Movie
    Posted: 01 February 2008 at 4:07pm
http://zeitgeistmovie.com/

Some pretty cool stuff in this movie, I def learned some new things.

I'm still watching it, still in the religion stuff. Not sure what's after this

Edited by choopie911 - 01 February 2008 at 4:18pm
Skillet42565 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Actuarry itís Skirret

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skillet42565 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2008 at 4:29pm
A friend tried to get me to watch it, but conspiracies theories and nutjobs only serve to make me laugh.

My favorite part is how they try to tell me 9/11 was a government job.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2008 at 4:30pm
Originally posted by Skillet42565 Skillet42565 wrote:

A friend tried to get me to watch it, but conspiracies theories and nutjobs only serve to make me laugh.My favorite part is how they try to tell me 9/11 was a government job.

Yeah, I'm at that part now...its deff overdone.

I really like the start of the movie, the religion stuff was great and very informative. Now that it's getting into 9/11....meh
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Actuarry itís Skirret

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skillet42565 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2008 at 4:31pm
Yeah, thats the part where I clicked off, too over the top aluminum foil for me.
Hysteria View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 2 - Language, 9/25

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hysteria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2008 at 4:32pm
Wow, Chewp, I am surprised.  Not only is this quite old, it is a load of crap.

http://www.infowarsforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=2952
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2008 at 4:38pm
Originally posted by Hysteria Hysteria wrote:

Wow, Chewp, I am surprised. Not only is this quite old, it is a load of crap.http://www.infowarsforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=2952

All who you want to beleive I suppose.
sinisterNorth View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
1 strike, language, 10/3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sinisterNorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2008 at 4:52pm

...conspiracies theories and nutjobs only serve to make me laugh.
Pumpker'd; (V.) When a pump player runs up and shoots you at point blank range because you thought 20bps made you good.
Hysteria View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 2 - Language, 9/25

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hysteria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2008 at 4:53pm
Originally posted by choopie911 choopie911 wrote:

All who you want to beleive I suppose.

Originally posted by Wikipedia Wikipedia wrote:

In addition to attracting significant public interest,[4] it has been criticized for relying too heavily on anecdotal evidence[7] and for using unidentified, undated, and unsourced video news clips, voice-overs, quotes, and book citations without page numbers.[8][9] In one of its few mainstream reviews the Irish Times called it "unhinged" and accused it of offering nothing but "surreal perversions of genuine issues and debates".[4]

Also:

http://www.boingboing.net/2007/08/06/jay-kinney-reviews-z.ht ml

A couple of minutes in google can find even more stuff than this.

Honestly though, I believed this when I first saw it as well, until I started looking around.  Heck, at some forum I visited about Atheism and Religion, if one even mentioned the Zeitgeist, they were pretty much automatically discredited.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2008 at 4:55pm

<font style="font-family: Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;" size="2">

All who <font style="font-family: Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;" size="2">you want to beleive I suppose.

In addition to attracting significant public interest,<sup id="_ref-IrishTimes_1" ="reference">[4"></sup> it has been criticized for relying too heavily on anecdotal evidence<sup id="_ref-3" ="reference">[7"></sup>
and for using unidentified, undated, and unsourced video news clips,
voice-overs, quotes, and book citations without page numbers.<sup id="_ref-4" ="reference">[8"></sup><sup id="_ref-5" ="reference">[9"></sup> In one of its few mainstream reviews the Irish Times called it "unhinged" and accused it of offering nothing but "surreal perversions of genuine issues and debates".<sup id="_ref-IrishTimes_2" ="reference"><font style="font-family: Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;" size="2">[4">
<font style="font-family: Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;" size="2">Also:<font style="font-family: Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;" size="2"> http://www.boingboing.net/2007/08/06/jay-kinney-reviews-z.ht ml<font style="font-family: Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;" size="2"><span style="font-family: Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;"><font style="font-family: Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;" size="2">A couple of minutes in google can find even more stuff than this.Honestly though, I believed this when I first saw it as well, until I started looking around. Heck, at some forum I visited about Atheism and Religion, if one even mentioned the Zeitgeist, they were pretty much automatically discredited.</span><br style="font-family: Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;"><br style="font-family: Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;"><br style="font-family: Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;"></sup>

Well yeah, you have to take anything like this with a grain of salt. Can't just blindly beleive it straight up
Evil Elvis View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Crusher of Dreams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evil Elvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2008 at 5:03pm

<font style="font-family: Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;" size="2">

All who <font style="font-family: Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;" size="2">you want to beleive I suppose.

In addition to attracting significant public interest,<sup id="_ref-IrishTimes_1" ="reference">[4"></sup> it has been criticized for relying too heavily on anecdotal evidence<sup id="_ref-3" ="reference">[7"></sup>
and for using unidentified, undated, and unsourced video news clips,
voice-overs, quotes, and book citations without page numbers.<sup id="_ref-4" ="reference">[8"></sup><sup id="_ref-5" ="reference">[9"></sup> In one of its few mainstream reviews the Irish Times called it "unhinged" and accused it of offering nothing but "surreal perversions of genuine issues and debates".<sup id="_ref-IrishTimes_2" ="reference"><font style="font-family: Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;" size="2">[4">
<font style="font-family: Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;" size="2">Also:<font style="font-family: Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;" size="2"> http://www.boingboing.net/2007/08/06/jay-kinney-reviews-z.ht ml<font style="font-family: Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;" size="2"><span style="font-family: Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;"><font style="font-family: Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;" size="2">A couple of minutes in google can find even more stuff than this.Honestly though, I believed this when I first saw it as well, until I started looking around. Heck, at some forum I visited about Atheism and Religion, if one even mentioned the Zeitgeist, they were pretty much automatically discredited.</span><br style="font-family: Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;"><br style="font-family: Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;"><br style="font-family: Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;"></sup>

Well yeah, you have to take anything like this with a grain of salt. Can't just blindly beleive it straight up

Says the man with the strike for the 9/11 attacks
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Actuarry itís Skirret

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skillet42565 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2008 at 5:04pm
Just because he got that on 9/11 doesn't mean he was doing THAT.  Maybe he was just being derogatory.
Bolt3 View Drop Down
What?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bolt3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2008 at 6:12pm
I don't know, I'm watching it now.

I could definitly believe some of the stuff that is being raised and semi-presented to the audience.

A better put-together and less threatening version of the film with confirmed sources, etc, could be a very powerful and provocative piece.

There definitly is some shady **edited** that goes on around us.

Edited by Bolt3 - 01 February 2008 at 6:17pm
<Removed sig for violation of Clause 4 of the New Sig Rules>
BARREL BREAK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Prettiest Princess in all the lands

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BARREL BREAK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2008 at 12:38am
hoginds24 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
who’s the ph00l now?!?!?!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoginds24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2008 at 3:45pm

Yeah, thats the part where I clicked off, too over the top aluminum foil for me.

The new thing is bubble space suits. Get with the program.
Darur View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Stare directly into my avatar...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2008 at 10:28pm
Originally posted by BARREL BREAK BARREL BREAK wrote:

Real Men play Tuba

PH33R TEH 1337 Dwarf!
DONT CLICK ME!!1
fractus.scud View Drop Down
well I have no title

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fractus.scud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2008 at 1:21pm
If you go to any serious religious/atheism debate forum and mention that movie and say you believe it you will be mocked. The information presented in the movie is backed by no evidence, no sources, no theological understanding, and most importantly, no facts. Another failed attempt at trying to undermine Christianity.

Benny go home!
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2008 at 3:17pm
Originally posted by fractus.scud fractus.scud wrote:

<span style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font-weight: bold;">If you go to any serious religious/atheism debate forum and mention that movie and say you believe it you will be mocked. The information presented in the movie is backed by no evidence, no sources, no theological understanding, and most importantly, no facts. Another failed attempt at trying to undermine Christianity. </span></span>

it's not that hard to do
fractus.scud View Drop Down
well I have no title

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fractus.scud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2008 at 6:21pm

Originally posted by fractus.scud fractus.scud wrote:

<span style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font-weight: bold;">If you go to any serious religious/atheism debate forum and mention that movie and say you believe it you will be mocked. The information presented in the movie is backed by no evidence, no sources, no theological understanding, and most importantly, no facts. Another failed attempt at trying to undermine Christianity. </span></span>

it's not that hard to do

Notice I said reputable debate forum.

fstdt preys upon erroneous quotes from questionable people and like the bunch of angry 13 year olds they are, use no sense and try to lump all of Christianity into some wacked out quote. If you use fstdt to learn about Christianity then I don't even know what to say.

Edited by fractus.scud - 03 February 2008 at 6:24pm

Benny go home!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic