Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

need help with a5

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mikeyaross18 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikeyaross18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: need help with a5
    Posted: 27 January 2008 at 8:26pm

when i shoot my gun it acts as if its fully auto and its not. it will shoot a ball and 3 or 4 shots after that with nothing. i replaced what o rings i could find. still does the same thing. it doesnt do this on every shot though. sometimes it shoots normal. anybody have any suggestions.

Edited by mikeyaross18 - 27 January 2008 at 8:40pm
Sangreti View Drop Down
1 strike, offensive post.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sangreti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2008 at 8:47pm
Originally posted by mikeyaross18 mikeyaross18 wrote:

when i shoot my gun it acts as if its fully auto and its not. it will shoot a ball and 3 or 4 shots after that with nothing. i replaced what o rings i could find. still does the same thing. it doesnt do this on every shot though. sometimes it shoots normal. anybody have any suggestions.

it sounds like an air or co2 is not geting to the chamber  like it is presureizeing then pinching it self off
~square peg~

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikeyaross18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2008 at 8:50pm
how do i fix the problem?
Sangreti View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sangreti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2008 at 8:56pm
i would suggest look at your braided cable  from your asa and the connector to your stone
~square peg~

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikeyaross18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2008 at 9:00pm

i dont really know what you mean. is the air not getting to the gun fast enough. im fairly new to figuring out this stuff.

Edited by mikeyaross18 - 27 January 2008 at 9:02pm
Sangreti View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sangreti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2008 at 9:06pm
cable from where you screw on the tank and the other end of that cable
~square peg~

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikeyaross18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2008 at 9:11pm
ok know what all that is. do you know how i can figure out what the problem is. i dont really want to send my gun into tippmann to get fixed.
Sangreti View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sangreti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2008 at 9:15pm

ok know what all that is. do you know how i can figure out what the problem is. i dont really want to send my gun into tippmann to get fixed.
do you have the e-trigger? if so  dont do this one but put the gun wit a tank on abd dip it in a bath tub onlt the bottom og the gun up to the bottm of barrel but dont let water go down barrel and just fire if you see bubbles from the line  then you have a leak  and need to replace the line
~square peg~

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikeyaross18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2008 at 9:18pm
no i dont have the e trigger. so its ok to submerge the gun in water. just make sure the barrel is out of the water?
Sangreti View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sangreti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2008 at 9:21pm

no i dont have the e trigger. so its ok to submerge the gun in water. just make sure the barrel is out of the water?
only if you make sure its only up to the trigger try not to get body in if you can
~square peg~

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikeyaross18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2008 at 9:23pm
ok thanks. so do you think this might be the only problem?
Sangreti View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sangreti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2008 at 9:27pm

ok thanks. so do you think this might be the only problem?
other than stock bolt ya  but most likely around air supply

~square peg~

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikeyaross18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2008 at 9:29pm

should i upgrade the stock bolt?

Sangreti View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sangreti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2008 at 9:40pm
i would suggest it get the goldmember
~square peg~

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikeyaross18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2008 at 9:41pm
ok thanks for your help.
Sangreti View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sangreti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2008 at 9:53pm
np hope it helps
~square peg~

thejudge View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thejudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2008 at 10:05pm
did you make sure the tank was full too?  it may be something that simple.  Also make sure the tank is screwed on all the way.  I have seen that too.  if it still doesnt work even after the water trick see if you can borrow a friends tank and try it to make sure its not yuor tank. 
Stay low, run fast, and hope that paintball doesn't hit your...
UnlikelyA-5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UnlikelyA-5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2008 at 9:38pm
if there is a leak in your braided tube then you can do like i do and just remove it and connect the tank direct or through remote line, lightens your load a little bit and takes the tank out of your way as well
-MiTcH NiChE-
Ilford Rule View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ilford Rule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2008 at 9:42pm

should i upgrade the stock bolt?

Don't upgrade the stock bolt. Seriously. Aftermarket internals are, almost always, no better than the stock Tippmann parts. Other markers can benefit from bolt upgrades. Tippmanns rarely can. Also, make sure to dry out the internals of your marker if you submerge it. Though oxidation is extremely unlikely for the most part (aluminum won't in water), it's better to take five minutes to be safe.

EDIT: If you decide for some reason to get the goldmember, you will need an RVA, as it does not have a velocity adjustment screw. Don't get it though. Tis a waste of money IMHO.

Edited by Ilford Rule - 28 January 2008 at 9:50pm
CPro (w/ polished internals)
14" Bigshot
BT SBS
Various Rails
NcSTAR D4B
Macro
AA 68/45

CCI Phantom
45 Grips
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic