Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

sound of the bang

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Sangreti View Drop Down
1 strike, offensive post.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sangreti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: sound of the bang
    Posted: 26 January 2008 at 9:09pm
hi all, im new here and i just bought my self an a-5 and it is all stock    and i have realized that is is loud as all heck i was wondering if any knew of a way to lower it im going to mod it to be a m82a1  but it is still going to be rather loud so how do i mute it?
~square peg~

carl_the_sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 7/29, Bad Linky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2008 at 11:05pm
Barrel with tons of porting?

Stiffi's are supposed to be quite quiet but they are expensive.

If you were going to mod it like an m82 though, wouldn't you kinda want a loud marker?
Sangreti View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sangreti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2008 at 11:08pm
Well i could get a stiffi but  thats impractical but as an m82 i would like it to be like one of my friends autocockers... silent
~square peg~

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2008 at 12:52am
Impractical how?

If you are going millsim though, why don't you want a super loud marker?
Sangreti View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sangreti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2008 at 1:06am
the idea is not to be noticed but spose after the 10 shots id have to fire after relizeing the wind curve then hiting him in the face so loud it is so how to make it louder?
~square peg~

thejudge View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thejudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2008 at 1:06am
Its basically impossible to get an a5 as quiet as a cocker.   Ported barrels help but it will not be too too quiet.  Just kinda how it is.  J&J straight barrels have a good amount of porting (the stiffi might have more though) and the J&J is much less expensive than the stiffi.
Stay low, run fast, and hope that paintball doesn't hit your...
Sangreti View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sangreti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2008 at 1:08am
Originally posted by Sangreti Sangreti wrote:

the idea is not to be noticed but spose after the 10 shots id have to fire after relizeing the wind curve then hiting him in the face so loud it is so how to make it louder?
  thanks ok now how to make it louder beside a minimal porting barrel
~square peg~

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2008 at 3:29am

http://www.opsgear.com/Dishka-Flash-Suppressor-p/tts-diska.h tm

I've never used it myself but i've heard good things.

Noise is up to you though. making something quieter doesn't really give you any advantage but making something louder can make it cooler if that's what you're into.
thejudge View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thejudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2008 at 2:35pm

he said it before I could.  It is an amplifier and will add some noise. 

http://rap4.com/paintball/os/noveske-sound-amplifier-muzzle- tactical-barrel-p-3797.html 

this is another one but you have to get a barrel that it can thread onto. 

Sangreti View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sangreti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2008 at 2:58pm
thanks but those kinda twist off from the m82a1 disign
~square peg~

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2008 at 3:42pm

How?
Sangreti View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sangreti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2008 at 3:56pm

Originally posted by carl_the_sniper carl_the_sniper wrote:

How?
well look at the barrel for an m82a1

i dont think it would work together withe the suppressor for the end

~square peg~

ammolord View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ammolord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2008 at 4:59pm
ya know, the barrel break on the end makes it louder. the opsgear.com kit works well, and its loud. the barrel, if i remember right, has little to no porting.
PSN Tag: AmmoLord
XBL: xXAmmoLordXx

~Minister of Tinkering With Things That Go "BOOM!"(AKA Minister of Munitions)~
Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2008 at 5:19pm
Why anyone would want a M82 paintball marker I do not know...

I would suggest spending money on parts that are actually going to help with the performance of the marker, not parts that are going to make it into a brick.
thejudge View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thejudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2008 at 5:53pm
Im all about mil sim too but I will agree with snake.  When you get that big and that long with the barrel it is going to make it somewhat ackward to lug around.  Especially if you are running through woods at all.  big gun + trees = ouch.  Just kinda my opinion though.  If you want to go for that look its your gun and money so go for it.
Sangreti View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sangreti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2008 at 6:19pm

1 i am really acc wit any gun so im basicly a sniper but i hate it when people think there snipers and suck i jut wont a red flag on the feild so i can pull my 98 out with the q loader on it and light them up

~square peg~

Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2008 at 6:42pm

1 i am really acc wit any gun so im basicly a sniper . . .

Actually, you aren't.  The technological limitations of the equipment make sniping in paintball impossible.  Now, you can get your panties in a bunch and disagree with me, but I just told you that nicer than just about anybody else here will.  (Trust me on that part.)

. . . but i hate it when people think there snipers and suck i jut wont a red flag on the feild so i can pull my 98 out with the q loader on it and light them up

I really didn't understand the rest of that from pretty much the red flag on so I will just guess at your meaning and add my opinion.

I tried a q-loader on a 98 and was not all that happy with it.  The number of prewinds necessary for the rate of fire that I wanted tended to push paintballs past the ball latch which caused double-feeding and the problems associated with it.  Personally, I think q-loaders work better on closed-bolt markers.

Lots of folks on here don't like mil-sim.  I have always believed that if you are happy with your marker that's what matters; not the opinions of people on the internet that you will never meet.  However, if you post a picture or make a comment expect comments in return which will include some that disagree with you and be prepared to debate the point if you plan on sticking to your opinion. 

Edited by Mack - 27 January 2008 at 7:05pm
Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2008 at 6:58pm
Great.

He used the S-word.

Mack, you take this one. So far he hasn't been stupid enough that I need to inject a hard dose of fact into him. But I will monitor this thread, and if the situation calls for it I will  put some truth into him.
Sangreti View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sangreti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2008 at 7:04pm
i know of the limitations on acc with paintballguns  and yes i used the s-word  so my fault
~square peg~

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2008 at 7:17pm
Acc?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic