Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I need help please.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Stormy Knight View Drop Down
Deactivated by request

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stormy Knight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2008 at 3:59am

The arc in the Flatline barrel gives the advantage of greater distance.  You'll also notice on the inside of the barrel following the arc the barrel looks scuffed.  The barrel was designed this way.  When the paintball is fired through the barrel, it is forced to make contact with the top of the barrel causing backspin.  This backspin causes the paintball to travel in a flat trajectory when leaving the barrel.

Another question that hasn't been fielded is what kind of paint are you using?  Flatline barrels perform better when using a small to medium bore paint like the old Marbs or Evil.  If you you're using large bore paint, you will likely not get the desired effects with your barrel.  When you use the right sized paintball with the correct air velocity, you will get the results  you expect from the barrel.

A-5
Armson DOT Sight
Armson Raised Sightrail
DOP Bullet Drop
DOP RVA
DOP X-Core
DOP Vertical Adapter
E-Grip(APE)
Flatline Barrel
HPA
JCS Duel Trigger
Lightening Bolt
QEPH
Vortex Mod
Lockerboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lockerboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2008 at 2:15pm
idk what balls i been using but i dont get very good distance out of them and when they go about like 30 then it turns...
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2008 at 2:32pm
To get the best performance out of your Flatline you should:

• Use medium to small bore paint.
  • Be chronoed at between 260 and 270 fps.
  • Hold the marker vertical to the ground with no tilt to the left or right.
Lockerboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lockerboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2008 at 11:16pm
ok... i will try that... what are the other recomondations for other barrels?
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2008 at 1:03am
I like the J&J ceramic and the Lapco Bigshot.  Both are reasonably priced, very nice after-market barrels.  Neither is anything fancy, but both are probably as high-tech as most people will ever need to go on a Tippmann.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic