Topic ClosedX7 Sniper?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Sinister_TES View Drop Down

Strike 1 - Language, 1/23

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2008 at 5:33pm

Jalane, the one who started this thread, and he still hsant got his answer

You poeple have just been complaining about the term "Sniper"

Now i have played paintball for 5 years now and i have heard all kinds of arguements about the word sniper.  When you use the word sniper in a conversasion about paintball it is used for convieance.  Do you really want to try and come up with some other word to explain the seaky guy in the ghillie suit with the low profile hopper that crwals more than he walks on the field, didnt think so.  So i think this thread is now done argueing about the word sniper.

Now as for the sniper x-7 i tihnk you should use about an 18 inch carbon fibre barrel, callapsable stock, short mag, bipod for stability, and a good quality red dot for a better idea of where your shot is going to go.

Your welcome jalane for finally answering your question

Commander_Cool View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2008 at 5:41pm

Okay,...

sniper = trained personel / x7= paintball marker... cannot turn inanimate metal into people.

sniper = name for paintball marker made by WGP / x7 = paintball amrker made by tippmann... cannot completely change the design and manufacturer of a paintball marker.

end result = fail.

Now how do you make your marker into something people would say "hey I am a sniper" about... since you can't increase a marker's range without losing accuracy... and are pretty useless given the close range of paintball play and innaccuracy of the equipment...

spend lots of money on useless cosmetic upgrades like a scope and bipod that cost an arm and a leg, but only have the function of increasing the weight and size of your marker.

2005 Freestyle
Naughty Dawg Freestyle
Angel LCD
SP-8
Tippmann 98 Custom

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2008 at 5:47pm
Originally posted by Commander_Cool Commander_Cool wrote:

Okay,...

sniper = trained personel / x7= paintball marker... cannot turn inanimate metal into people.

sniper = name for paintball marker made by WGP / x7 = paintball amrker made by tippmann... cannot completely change the design and manufacturer of a paintball marker.

end result = fail.

Now how do you make your marker into something people would say "hey I am a sniper" about... since you can't increase a marker's range without losing accuracy... and are pretty useless given the close range of paintball play and innaccuracy of the equipment...

spend lots of money on useless cosmetic upgrades like a scope and bipod that cost an arm and a leg, but only have the function of increasing the weight and size of your marker.

Read my last comment about what the term sniper means in paintball

We are talking about making the gun more stealthty and accurate for someone that wants to take one and get one kill

The upgrades i listed make the gun more quiet, more accurate, and sure some of it is cosmetics but thats what scenario paintball is all about, if your going to argue say something that is not a repeat of everyone else

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2008 at 5:51pm
Originally posted by Sinister_TES Sinister_TES wrote:

Now i have played paintball for 5 years now and i have heard all kinds of arguements about the word sniper.  When you use the word sniper in a conversasion about paintball it is used for convieance.  Do you really want to try and come up with some other word to explain the seaky guy in the ghillie suit with the low profile hopper that crwals more than he walks on the field, didnt think so.  So i think this thread is now done argueing about the word sniper.

How about...

Camper
Cheater (as in wears bulky gillie suit to get bounces or HIDE hits)
"Special": Wants to feel elite, without actually being special (these people are expecially annoying because they think they are awesome, generally they are idiots).

Most (not all) people who dress in gillie suits are useless, they stay in one spot, in the corner of the field, and either get taken out, take one player out before being eliminated, or take no one out and stay in the entire game (perhaps making up stats that they took out more people than the entire opposing team). Of course these examples classify most, but not all "snipers".

Now as for the sniper x-7 i tihnk you should use about an 18 inch carbon fibre barrel, callapsable stock, short mag, bipod for stability, and a good quality red dot for a better idea of where your shot is going to go.

Over sized barrel = increased gas consumption, increased risk of barrel breaks, and no increase in accuracy.

Stock, mag, and bipod = useless stuff that does not in practice offer stability or are practical... they increase the bulk of your marker (something you don't want if you do wish to be sneaky/ stealthy), and increase the weight.

Edited by Commander_Cool - 23 January 2008 at 5:52pm
2005 Freestyle
Naughty Dawg Freestyle
Angel LCD
SP-8
Tippmann 98 Custom
Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2008 at 5:51pm

He wants to do something that is physically impossible to do in paintball. Therefore we could not answer his question.

I can think of several words to discribe this type of play. Camper. Noob. Coward. Take your pick... Since when do you have any say in what we do and do not argue about on this forum? The last time I check you have one post that makes what you have to say pretty much irrelevent.

Translation: "I really don't know what I am tlaking about so I will run my mouth about random stuff."

Troll

Rambino View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
I am even less fun in person

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2008 at 5:54pm

Wouldn't the most stealthy and accurate gun be a minimum-motion electro, like a Matrix?

Doesn't really matter how long your barrel is - a Tippmann is going to be loud, and generally not as accurate as the better electros.

So if that is the goal, I suggest spending the money on a used DM4 instead of upgrades.

But, as I stated above, it all depends on what the OP is trying to achieve.  If he can detail his goals, we can help.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2008 at 5:57pm

<nope>

how long have you guys played

what equipment do u have

and snake6

And as for comparing a camper to the term sniper, a good sniper moves more then any other palyer, not only does he take concealed shots he collects intel and completes goals stealthaly ina a scenario game,

i know jalane personally and he plays scenario, we are not tlaking aobut your just average woodsball 20 minute games we are talking about impressing ppl with how your gun looks and how you paly

Edited by Rambino - 23 January 2008 at 6:04pm

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2008 at 6:05pm

8 years

2005 Naughty Dawg Freestyle

14" Dye UL Barrel
CP HPR
H1 Bolt
Vapor Works Vapor Mod

Snatch grip
Hybrid grips (naked lady)
Predator board
CCM no-rise feedneck

2005 Generation II Freestyle

14" UL Barrel
CP HPR
NOX board
Hybrid grips (East Coast Killers)
Drop forward (aftermarket.. idk manufacturer)

2002 Angel LCD

Titanium 2 piece barrel
Drop Forward
Intellifeed system (not installed)

SP-8

Adustable Stock
Remote line

Tippmann 98

14" UL Barrel

Halo B w/ V35 board

12v Revolution

VForce Profiler

Flurry Vest

2 - 4+1 harnesses

2 - 72/3000 tanks

50/3000 tank

... thats for starters

As for what you told him to buy,... was useless cosmetic garbage that did nothing to improve the functioning of his marker... it just made him a bigger target and wasted his money.

Edited by Commander_Cool - 23 January 2008 at 6:06pm
2005 Freestyle
Naughty Dawg Freestyle
Angel LCD
SP-8
Tippmann 98 Custom
Rambino View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
I am even less fun in person

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2008 at 6:05pm

If you are going to post here, I encourage you to tone down your language.

Thank you.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2008 at 6:30pm

ok sorry about swearing i was just really mad at sometihng else and i was brining my frustration to this arguement

And i thank you Rambino for actually contributing to the main reason of this thread and not argueing like i am

And for everyone that is fighting over what a asniper is please go to this site Specialopspaintball.com/positions and look at the sniper position, this is what me and my freind are talking about, this is applying to scenario games, were looks count for soemthing, and weight doesnt matter, its all about haing fun, but you guys turned this whole thread intoa  abattle instead of just not talking or actually putting in some good advice

Ceesman762 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Time for a C-Section!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2008 at 6:36pm
Welcome to the forum! Does it make you wonder if anyone put any energy into convincing manufacturers to stop advertising sniper barrels for markers?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Time for a C-Section!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2008 at 6:38pm
By the way, go to Paladin press for the field manuals I mentioned earlier. And don't just read them, go practice what's inside.
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2008 at 6:38pm

And for everyone that is fighting over what a asniper is please go to this site Specialopspaintball.com/positions and look at the sniper position, this is what me and my freind are talking about, this is applying to scenario games, were looks count for soemthing, and weight doesnt matter, its all about haing fun, but you guys turned this whole thread intoa  abattle instead of just not talking or actually putting in some good advice

Ummm . . . that's called marketing.  It's just like the add for a paintball pistol that says using it will be like "being in a John Woo film."  It's not real.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2008 at 6:39pm

Originally posted by Ceesman762 Ceesman762 wrote:

Welcome to the forum! Does it make you wonder if anyone put any energy into convincing manufacturers to stop advertising sniper barrels for markers?

thanks

and i always thoguht it was just a clevr anem that suckered noobs into buying it

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2008 at 6:42pm

Originally posted by Mack Mack wrote:

Ummm . . . that's called marketing.  It's just like the add for a paintball pistol that says using it will be like "being in a John Woo film."  It's not real.

but there not really selling anytihng, there just explaining the position of a scenario "sniper" and olong the lines of what equipment he might use, there not saying go buya a longbow and a ghillie suit, there just saying those are some possible pieces of equipment that could be used

Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2008 at 6:50pm

OMG

Special Ops is nothing but a scam. You know why they made up that fake ass "sniper" position? TO MAKE MONEY. Thats right kiddie, they made up something so they could be the sole seller of gear so little kids like you who don't know any better would buy it.

<nope>

how long have you guys played

what equipment do u have

and snake6

And as for comparing a camper to the term sniper, a good sniper moves more then any other palyer, not only does he take concealed shots he collects intel and completes goals stealthaly ina a scenario game,

i know jalane personally and he plays scenario, we are not tlaking aobut your just average woodsball 20 minute games we are talking about impressing ppl with how your gun looks and how you paly

I can compare a wannabe "sniper" in paintball to whatever I want to, as a "sniper" in paintball doesn't exist.

So what concealed shots does this ghillie clad wonder of yours take? Oh thats right, one is the answer. Because as soon as he makes that first shot, every member of the OPFOR around him is going to light him up like a christmas tree. And did I mention that most players will bonus ball the living hell out of a ghillie clad wannabe sniper? Why? you ask? Because the vast majority of your wannabe ghillie clad wonders have no integrity, and will say something to the effect of "I didn't know I was hit." But, 30-50 rounds down your throat will ensure that you know you were hit. Sorry, but thats the way it works.

So a good sniper moves more than any other player? Are you saying he takes 10x the amount of time to move across a specified distance? Or are you saying that he he spends so much time crawling his belly he cannot get close enough to even fire at an opponent? Either way, a sniper barely ever moves, a moving sniper = dead sniper in real life kid. A real sniper picks out a good place from beyond the effective range of return fire, and sits there for hours, or days. He gathers intel on the enemy, then at the exact right time he makes a single accurate shot from up to a mile away, eliminating his target instantly. So basically your ghillie clad wonder has none of the attributes of a sniper, but somehow he still is one? Come on.

Let me tell you my qualifications, since you so boldly asked.

I have been playing paintball for 10 years now. I have played more scenario games than I can count, along with, outlaw woodsball, and Speedball. My current arsenal includes:

Black 06' Ego
  • Dye Ultralite
  • 68/4500 Centerflag tank
  • ReloaderB
SL-68II
  • J&J Ceramic
  • 45rd hopper
  • stockclass feed tube
  • 12g quick changer and 9oz
A-5

• 8" Lapco Bigshot
  • Super R/T
  • QEV Mod
  • Vortex
  • Ricochet Hopper
Autococker Trilogy Pro

• Plamers Quicker RAM
  • TechT 3 way mod
  • J&J Ceramic
  • Derilin Rear bolt
  • Revvy
Pro/Carbine

• 14" J&J Ceramic Barrel
  • 12" Lapco Bigshot
  • SS Screw Set
  • Palmers Direct Stabilizer w/ Bob Long 1200PSI guage
  • Dead on Paintball Pro style Drop w/ on/off
  • Empire Reloader II
  • Lapco Rear cocking Knob
  • Firstout RVA
  • Maddmann Spring Kit
  • Shenko Carbine Saftey/Stop
  • CenterFlag 68/45 Tank
  • Redz Bottle Cover
  • APP Hopper Cover
  • APP Bottle Cover
  • MilSim Tac Light mount
  • Mini Mag light

Custom Mods:

• Polished Internals
  • Custom Powertube (made the 4 little holes into one big one)
  • R/T (courtesy of firstout)
  • Lowered operating Pressure to 400PSI
  • Matte Black Anodizing(courtesy of firstout)
  • Modded Valve (for LP)

For your knowledge I am also a United States Marine, therefore my immense tactical knowledge of close combat situations was ground into me by one of the finest fighting forces in the world.

You want to play the credentials game, we will play it, and I will always win.

Edited by Snake6 - 23 January 2008 at 7:25pm
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2008 at 6:52pm

but there not really selling anytihng, there just explaining the position of a scenario "sniper" and olong the lines of what equipment he might use, there not saying go buya a longbow and a ghillie suit, there just saying those are some possible pieces of equipment that could be used

And it's just a coincidence that the article you mention has links to those items on the Spec Ops product pages?  Right.  Using your logic (or lack thereof) would mean that buying the right paintball pistol actually would put you in "the matrix."  Because the dealer is telling the absolute truth; not trying to sell a product.  Do you truly believe that a major paintball company like Spec Ops is in the charity business; going to the trouble of writing articles and maintaining a website just because they're nice guys?

Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2008 at 6:53pm

Um, you have no idea how marketing works do you? Why is it that the articles link directly to their store where you buy exactly what they say you need for each position that they have? You think they put time and money into that junk just because? If so you have a lot of growing up to do son.

Damn it Mack!

Edited by Snake6 - 23 January 2008 at 6:54pm
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Time for a C-Section!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2008 at 6:57pm
Semper Fi Snake!  get rid of the "soldier boy" thing under your profile, you are a Marine. 
thejudge View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2008 at 6:57pm

For the record I told him to upgrade the barrel in the beginning of this stupid argument sinister.  And also an 18" barrel is unnecessary.  It is long, bulky, and will slow the shot down.  the max I ever recommend is a 16" but really a 14 would work just fine.  A red dot can help too just as sinister mentioned but make sure you dial it in properly. 

As for the ghillie suit alot of people try to invest in I have seen people bonus ball the living daylights out of somone in a ghillie just because so many bounce.  A nice set of camos would be perfect.  If you really want to be sneaky though alot of people here are right, the A5 is loud... period.  I just bought a tactical cocker that is very quiet and is not expensive or difficult to maintain.  A new barrel and a bolt and I am set.  That is the gun I like to use for being more sneaky.   So then lets get off of the sniper subject and help this kid out instead of arguing the same argument that is in 40000000000000000000000000 other posts.

Stay low, run fast, and hope that paintball doesn't hit your...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic