Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

X7 Spraying Paint

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
hvuadens View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hvuadens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X7 Spraying Paint
    Posted: 20 January 2008 at 8:21am

Has anybody had any problems with their X7 breaking balls? I bought my X7 this fall and when I started using it in the field it was spraying paint every where. Here are the specifics. The gun has been chronoed at 275-290fps. I used different balls from Midnight to winter fill and finally Blaze. I have a bigshot barrell and I use HPA instead of CO2. I have had a lot of people say that it's because of the weather, most of them also have X7's and say that they have the same problems in winter. Some say it's the cyclone, because it's moving a lot faster than the A-5. I love my X7 but since purchasing it I haven't had one single day of paintball that I could use the gun the whole day.

Thanks

thejudge View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thejudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2008 at 6:02pm
One I had an extremely bad experience with midnights as well.  They chopped like mad and when I put old dimpled balls in they didnt chop at all so I knew it was the ball.  Also if the weather is very cold it expands the paint and brittles the shell.  Both can cause much more breakage in the barrel or the cyclone.  Hope that helps.
Stay low, run fast, and hope that paintball doesn't hit your...
goorooX7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goorooX7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2008 at 11:59am

Check out the X7og.net forums.

There is extensive talk concerning chopping.

Have you sanded the metal ball feed arm in the hopper?

That helped me.

I also have noticed that chopping will increase the faster you pull the trigger.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic