Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

SP8 homie

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Tippmann_playa View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Language, 2/19

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tippmann_playa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2008 at 2:12pm
1.Egg on this gun ew

2.XM8 WAS cancelled but is being re-opened.

3.I dont know what your talking about
Tippmann A-5
APE Rampage
68/3000(remote)
Collapsible Carbine Stock
JCS Double Finger
Flatline w/ Battle Shroud
14' Progressive Rifled
Squeeshies
Lightning Rod
Vortex Mod
Sly Profit
EMRD
Ace_Of_Spades View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested, Doesnt follow Rules. 9/10/08

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ace_Of_Spades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2008 at 3:32pm

the SP8/XM8 (im talking about both paintball and actual guns here)

they both look nice but the preformance needs some major overhauling on...personally, i HATE plastic guns

as for the eggys, they are REALLY prone to breaking, its true, most of the ones ive seen have some sort of glue or tape keeping them together and the only gun i could really picture one on is an Invert Mini, now im not saying that it looks GOOD on a Mini, it just looks better on that gun than ALOT of the others

oh and my 3 favorite guns of all have to be the G36_C, G36_D, and the eouropean masterpiece: the AI_AW

Edited by Ace_Of_Spades - 23 January 2008 at 3:35pm
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2008 at 6:22pm
Originally posted by Tippmann_playa Tippmann_playa wrote:

XM8 WAS cancelled but is being re-opened.

Really?  Link to info please.
Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2008 at 7:03pm
Originally posted by Mack Mack wrote:

XM8 WAS cancelled but is being re-opened.

Really?  Link to info please.

Yep, I haven't heard anything about it. My roomie tests out things of this nature, and he has said nothing. So that is leading me to believe that it has not been reopened.
Ilford Rule View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ilford Rule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2008 at 7:18pm
For interests sake, what variant are they up to with the M16 now? A4 right?
CPro (w/ polished internals)
14" Bigshot
BT SBS
Various Rails
NcSTAR D4B
Macro
AA 68/45

CCI Phantom
45 Grips

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tippmann_playa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2008 at 10:44pm
My "associate" is a Second Lieutenant in a certain area and he isn't exactly telling me this legally. Thats all I'm going to say. Call me a liar, don't care.
Tippmann A-5
APE Rampage
68/3000(remote)
JCS Double Finger
14' Progressive Rifled
Squeeshies
Lightning Rod
Vortex Mod
Sly Profit
EMRD
Evil Elvis View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Crusher of Dreams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evil Elvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2008 at 11:42pm

My "associate" is a Second Lieutenant in a certain area and he isn't exactly telling me this legally. Thats all I'm going to say. Call me a liar, don't care.

Ha ha ha ha a second Lieutenant. Well unless he works at Natic or Aberdine Prooving Grounds I wouldnt put much faith in him. No one in the Fleet does either.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tippmann_playa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2008 at 11:55pm
I know Second Lieutenant might as well be an ensign but...just dont worry about it lmao!
Tippmann A-5
APE Rampage
68/3000(remote)
JCS Double Finger
14' Progressive Rifled
Squeeshies
Lightning Rod
Vortex Mod
Sly Profit
EMRD
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2008 at 10:56am

What are the problems with this response?  Let me count the issues.
  • You supported your statement with the equivalent of "I can't prove it, but it's the truth."
  • Your source is a Second Lieutenant; the lowest form of officer life.
  • The credibility or your source, if it exists, is questionable.
    • This officer told you something illegally.
    • This indicates an integrity problem on his/her part.
      • Shared restricted information.
      • Apparently for no reason at all.  (Maybe to show how cool he/she is-possible maturity issue as well.)
    • This means one of two things:
      • You either made up this "source."
      • Or the source exists but is not credible.

I know Second Lieutenant might as well be an ensign but...just dont worry about it lmao!

Actually, it's the same thing; paygrade O-1.

Edited by Mack - 24 January 2008 at 11:03am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tippmann_playa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2008 at 12:15pm
Please god noooooo not some lesson. Seriously. I presented you with information, told you all the details of the extent, please just dont tell me what I already know. Just think what you want. I'm sick of people trying to sound/act/be a smart ass on a forum.
Tippmann A-5
APE Rampage
68/3000(remote)
JCS Double Finger
14' Progressive Rifled
Squeeshies
Lightning Rod
Vortex Mod
Sly Profit
EMRD
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2008 at 3:08pm

Please god noooooo not some lesson. Seriously. I presented you with information, told you all the details of the extent, please just dont tell me what I already know. Just think what you want. I'm sick of people trying to sound/act/be a smart ass on a forum.

Ironic part bolded.

• Humorous responses/clever insults = forum smart ass
  • Making an unsupported claim = foolish
  • Refuting an unsupported claim with evidence = effective refutation
  • Sticking to unsupported claim and referencing "secret" evidence = silly and ineffective
  • Posting an explanation of what exactly is wrong with someone's unsupported claim and "secret" evidence = effective refuting and possibly educational to the claim maker if they are willing to learn
  • Whining when unsupported claim and "secret" evidence is discredited = childish
  • Assuming that people post refutations just to prove the original poster wrong = amazingly self-absorbed--when i post a correction it is so that other innocent readers are not led astray by incorrect information.  (Proving the original poster wrong is just a fortuitous bonus.)
  • Making a statement along the lines of ". . . don't tell me what I already know.  Just think what you want."  rather than attempting to counter-refute the contradictory points that have been both presented and supported = really, really silly.  This is the equivalent of saying "I am immune to facts and logic and prefer to continue publicly wallowing in my own ignorance."
The above was a step-by-step evaluation of why most people are going to discount your statement on this subject.  It was (for the most part) non smart-ass in nature.  So that you will know the difference in the future I have included a smart-ass reply to your evidence below.  Please note how it elegantly utilizes logic and assertions similar to your own to highlight the inherent absurdities of your position.

I know the general who is in charge of U.S. Military Small Arms Procurement.  He personally told me that the XM8 project is permanently shut down.  He also mentioned that your Lt friend was relieved of all responsibilities related to the program for being a drunkard who talked about classified information in bars and pilfered ammunition for his personal use.

Ace_Of_Spades View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested, Doesnt follow Rules. 9/10/08

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ace_Of_Spades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2008 at 3:15pm
my friends friends dads sisters cousin said she was abducted by aliens
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2008 at 3:48pm
Originally posted by Ace_Of_Spades Ace_Of_Spades wrote:

my friends friends dads sisters cousin said she was abducted by aliens

Exactly!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tippmann_playa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2008 at 1:30am
Mack,

I know your trying to inform everyone not to believe everything  they hear but you conduct yourself in such an offensive manner. Trying to have a structured mini essay on why my source isn't credible. I just threw the idea out there that the XM8 may be re-opened. You guys always jump at the opportunity to make yourselves seem higher and more intelligent. Sure, you have a good understanding of most general things, but it would be GRAVELY appreciated if you didn't try to act higher then someone else rather then educate in a respectfull way. That's all I ask.
Tippmann A-5
APE Rampage
68/3000(remote)
JCS Double Finger
14' Progressive Rifled
Squeeshies
Lightning Rod
Vortex Mod
Sly Profit
EMRD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tippmann_playa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2008 at 1:39am
please please please please please please please just leave it at that
Tippmann A-5
APE Rampage
68/3000(remote)
JCS Double Finger
14' Progressive Rifled
Squeeshies
Lightning Rod
Vortex Mod
Sly Profit
EMRD
kurieitaa View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kurieitaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2008 at 2:33am

Originally posted by carl_the_sniper carl_the_sniper wrote:

Eggys are the ugliest things to enter paintball in my opinion. I'd rather hand feed the balls than put one of those on my marker.

yea not a fan of the eggy, but if thats all you got for a hopper, then oh well works for you.

Originally posted by Ace_Of_Spades Ace_Of_Spades wrote:

oh and my 3 favorite guns of all have to be the G36_C, G36_D, and the eouropean masterpiece: the AI_AW

There is no such thing calld a G36D, they only made G36, G36E (with single 1.5X scope), G36K (Carbine version with standard dual scope mount), G36C (Compact or Commando version with open (iron) sights installed on the Picatinny rail).

inless they came out with a new one that i dident know about.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tippmann_playa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2008 at 10:54am
I like the G36 family aswell. I also like the Tavor TAR-21 and the  XM29 OICW.
Tippmann A-5
APE Rampage
68/3000(remote)
JCS Double Finger
14' Progressive Rifled
Squeeshies
Lightning Rod
Vortex Mod
Sly Profit
EMRD
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2008 at 10:57am
World.Guns.Ru is your friend people! USE IT!
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tippmann_playa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2008 at 11:13am
lmao! I was just on there looking at the Einfield IW (IW-A2). hahaha your the man
Tippmann A-5
APE Rampage
68/3000(remote)
JCS Double Finger
14' Progressive Rifled
Squeeshies
Lightning Rod
Vortex Mod
Sly Profit
EMRD
carl_the_sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 7/29, Bad Linky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2008 at 1:26pm

Mack,I know your trying to inform everyone not to believe everything  they hear but you conduct yourself in such an offensive manner. Trying to have a structured mini essay on why my source isn't credible. I just threw the idea out there that the XM8 may be re-opened. You guys always jump at the opportunity to make yourselves seem higher and more intelligent. Sure, you have a good understanding of most general things, but it would be GRAVELY appreciated if you didn't try to act higher then someone else rather then educate in a respectfull way. That's all I ask.

Actually, he explained exactly why your source wasn't credible.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic