FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Tippmann Sports and US Army Paintball

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Evil Elvis View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Crusher of Dreams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evil Elvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tippmann Sports and US Army Paintball
    Posted: 17 January 2008 at 11:34am
Presents the first Marker from the US Army Paintball line. The Alpha Black!

Tippmann Sports is proud to introduce U.S. Army Paintball, an entirely new brand for players seeking high-quality equipment and a realistic military experience at an affordable price. Tippmann is launching the U.S. Army brand with the introduction of Alpha Black™, a new marker that incorporates several popular upgrades, including a high-performance 11” barrel, an integrated carry handle, an all-metal receiver and a removable magazine that doubles as a tool kit. As an added benefit, Alpha Black can easily be modified to take on an M16 style stock and shroud – allowing players to take the field with a new marker that mimics one of the most popular rifles in U.S. military history.

The new Alpha Black marker, as well as future products from U.S. Army Paintball, will be launched in conjunction with a broad-reaching program that will utilize the core values of the U.S. Army to help promote safety, responsibility, teamwork and sound strategy among all paintball players. The first-of-its-kind program will utilize a special Web site, in-store signage and other promotional tools to build awareness about U.S. Army Paintball and encourage new players to try the game.

Incorporating Tippmann’s proven in-line bolt design; Alpha Black will also offer unmatched reliability in the field. Plus, it will be backed by a comprehensive one-year warranty. We are now accepting pre orders for the Basic, Tactical Edition, Power Packs and mod kits with a ship date of February 8th, 2008. The basic marker will carry a Suggested Retail Price of $129, while the tactical marker with modifications will Retail for $159. All pre orders will also include a FREE U.S. Army dog tag that can be used as a pre order incentive to your customers. These FREE dog tags will only be available for pre-orders booked by February 6th, 2008.

Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Crusher of Dreams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evil Elvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2008 at 11:50am
The E grip Version has 3 Fire modes, A Semi Mode, a 3 Round Burst and a Safe Full Auto Mode. Now with this entry level Marker the new player has the ability to have the tactical look and the peformance of the Tried and True Tippmann Inline Bolt Design.
Benjichang View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I pwned Leroy Jenkins!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benjichang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2008 at 12:59pm
Kind of sucks that you have to pay extra for a tactical conversion kit.
Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2008 at 1:05pm
Originally posted by Tippmann Tippmann wrote:

that will utilize the core values of the U.S. Army

LMAO

Since when does the Army have any values other than CYOA?
GI JOES SON View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Got me flowers for my birthday

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GI JOES SON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2008 at 1:57pm
Originally posted by Snake6 Snake6 wrote:

Originally posted by Tippmann Tippmann wrote:

that will utilize the core values of the U.S. Army

LMAO

Since when does the Army have any values other than CYOA?

CYOA? cover your own butt?
jordanpischke View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jordanpischke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2008 at 6:21pm
I have to say the basic edition kinda looks like crap, because you can tell this marker was made for the tactical edition.
kurieitaa View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kurieitaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2008 at 8:36pm
i think it looks better then the x7 m4 version.
Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2008 at 3:34pm
Originally posted by zepper zepper wrote:

http://usarmypaintball.com/  the web site is now live!

lol

Recruiting poster much?
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Crusher of Dreams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evil Elvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2008 at 4:35pm
Some things I learned from Tippmann Today
  • The Alpha Black uses Model 98 Treaded Barrels. So you can upgrade the barrel if you wish to any of the readily Avalable barrels in the market.
  • The Alpha Black can also use Model 98 Stocks.
  • It's covered by Tippmann's 1 year warantee and Tippmann's exelent custumer support
nu cidd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nu cidd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2008 at 8:15pm
This is just one huge recruitment advertisement....
Brianwawrz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brianwawrz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2008 at 4:40pm
Who are they trying to recruit? 12 and 13 year olds? The last time I
checked, 12 year olds couldn't join the Army. And if they were in fact
18, and old enough to join the Army, you would hope that they wouldn't
want to join just because the Army released a sweet paintball gun.
Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2008 at 5:28pm

Originally posted by Brianwawrz Brianwawrz wrote:

Who are they trying to recruit? 12 and 13 year olds? The last time I
checked, 12 year olds couldn't join the Army. And if they were in fact
18, and old enough to join the Army, you would hope that they wouldn't
want to join just because the Army released a sweet paintball gun.

You need to read the thread in T&O.

Ilford Rule View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ilford Rule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2008 at 7:07pm
So basically they released the 98 under a new brand name. I was kind of hoping that they actually did something new when I saw this thread... 
CPro (w/ polished internals)
14" Bigshot
BT SBS
Various Rails
NcSTAR D4B
Macro
AA 68/45

CCI Phantom
45 Grips
kurieitaa View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kurieitaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2008 at 3:36am
Originally posted by Evil Elvis Evil Elvis wrote:

Some things I learned from Tippmann Today
  • The Alpha Black uses Model 98 Treaded Barrels. So you can upgrade the barrel if you wish to any of the readily Avalable barrels in the market.
  • The Alpha Black can also use Model 98 Stocks.
  • It's covered by Tippmann's 1 year warantee and Tippmann's exelent custumer support

I was looking at the manual, and i think the m98 cyclone will bolt on to this allso, i thought it was cool.

Edited by kurieitaa - 25 January 2008 at 3:39am
ammolord View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ammolord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2008 at 9:57pm
it looks EXACTLY like the BT.
PSN Tag: AmmoLord
XBL: xXAmmoLordXx

~Minister of Tinkering With Things That Go "BOOM!"(AKA Minister of Munitions)~
a5Tpp789 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

in the closet MILSIMer...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a5Tpp789 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2008 at 8:02am

stick with the 98

recruting tool

tippmanns been going downhill since they partnered with spec ops

if you put 500 dollars into an A5 it is still an A5
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
2010 Worst Luck award winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2008 at 9:17am
Originally posted by a5Tpp789 a5Tpp789 wrote:

recruting tool

I'm so bored with this claim. How do you know its not a marketing gimmick?
impulse! View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested - Repeat Offender

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2008 at 11:46am

The E grip Version has 3 Fire modes, A Semi Mode, a 3 Round Burst and a Safe Full Auto Mode. Now with this entry level Marker the new player has the ability to have the tactical look and the peformance of the Tried and True Tippmann Inline Bolt Design.

What the hell is Safe Full Auto? Is it that a 98 clone can't shoot faster than 12 bps regardless?
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Crusher of Dreams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evil Elvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2008 at 4:26pm
Originally posted by impulse! impulse! wrote:

The E grip Version has 3 Fire modes, A Semi Mode, a 3 Round Burst and a <span style="font-weight: bold;">Safe Full Auto Mode.</span> Now with this entry level Marker the new player has the ability to have the tactical look and the peformance of the Tried and True Tippmann Inline Bolt Design.
What the hell is Safe Full Auto? Is it that a 98 clone can't shoot faster than 12 bps regardless?

3 trigger pulls to activate the Full auto.

The Alpha Black has a 12 bps and a 15 bps settings.
cfavre View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cfavre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2008 at 11:08pm

First time poster...

Im a newbie just getting into paintballing, I was wondering... will the Tippman Flatline barrel is compatible with with the Alpha Black (is this what Evil Elvis was saying above?)? Is there anything about the Flatline barrel that should make me shy away from it? Already preordered the Alpha Black with the Egrip, the wait til June is going to kill me!

Oh one more thing, the feeder elbow will look similiar to the Custom 98?

Spent 4 hrs out in the snow and freezing rain today with 10-15 friends, besides some sore fingers I had a blast!

Thanks in advance everyone!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic