FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Tippmann Sports and US Army Paintball

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
carl_the_sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 7/29, Bad Linky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2008 at 11:26pm
Originally posted by cfavre cfavre wrote:

First time poster...

Im a newbie just getting into paintballing, I was wondering... will the Tippman Flatline barrel is compatible with with the Alpha Black (is this what Evil Elvis was saying above?)? Is there anything about the Flatline barrel that should make me shy away from it? Already preordered the Alpha Black with the Egrip, the wait til June is going to kill me!

Oh one more thing, the feeder elbow will look similiar to the Custom 98?

Spent 4 hrs out in the snow and freezing rain today with 10-15 friends, besides some sore fingers I had a blast!

Thanks in advance everyone!

Almost definately will unless it is 98 barrel threaded. (which I doubt)

Go for the apex instead, you can mount it on the included barrel with little to no modification, it is cheaper and better, and will allow you to keep the m16 millsim look.

Yes, the elbow will most likely be the same as the 98.

Excellent choice in marker. For the price, there is no way you will be dissatisfied. Did you order the full tactical package?

cfavre View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cfavre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2008 at 11:31pm

Yeah full tactical package with the E-grip, in the meantime i'll have to live with the hand-me-down Brass Eagle my brother gave me... June cant get here fast enough.

Will a gravity fed hopper be my best bet? I've been looking at some of the other battery ran hoppers but do they add a lot of weight with the moving parts and such?

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2008 at 11:58pm
That package is my new favourite thing in paintball. What a fantastic deal.

The gravity fed hopper will do allright if you shoot slow and don't use auto/burst but for faster rates of fire, you will want a faster hopper. You can get motorized hoppers fairly cheap and fairly light. You won't need much because I don't anticipate the egrip to have that high of a rate of fire.

Here are some good ones:

1) Revy's are nice. Not too heavy but built like a tank.

http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/S tore/en/-/USD/DisplayProductInformation-Start;sid=hUyMuo-0j1 GOdsgNiChMEoV9DP1vckyoQvc=?ProductID=7VqsFAY7u58AAAD3G0ClA_2 t

2)If you want to spend a bit more money, here is a good deal on a richochet hopper. The are some of the nicest lookig hoppers imo.

http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/S tore/en/-/USD/DisplayProductInformation-Start;sid=hUyMuo-0j1 GOdsgNiChMEoV9DP1vckyoQvc=?ProductID=uMesFAY7liUAAAD81%2ePJW qlT

3) This could be worth a shot for a good "in between" loader:

http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/S tore/en/-/USD/DisplayProductInformation-Start;sid=hUyMuo-0j1 GOdsgNiChMEoV9DP1vckyoQvc=?ProductID=QXrAqArbYvAAAAEXTAGXnKM g

Of course, if you could ever see yourself upgrading your marker again, check out the higher end of the spectrum hoppers. ($100+) They are generally a bit heavier but you get faster feed rate and generally increased reliability that can be transferred to higher end markers.

If you don't go with that, I suggest the first thing I showed you, the revy. It is exactly what you need and is a good price. Keep in mind though that i believe it is constant agitation meaning that once you turn it on, it keeps spinning until you turn it off. The apache and overdrive don't.

Edited by carl_the_sniper - 18 February 2008 at 12:00am
cfavre View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cfavre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2008 at 7:08pm
Thanks for all the advice Carl! I had never heard of the Apex before ur post, but after researching it today it seems like a must have with a great price to boot.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2008 at 7:58pm

Thanks for all the advice Carl! I had never heard of the Apex before ur post, but after researching it today it seems like a must have with a great price to boot.

It is truely fantastic.

You will need to test it a bit to get used to it before you take it for a day of play.

a5Tpp789 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

in the closet MILSIMer...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a5Tpp789 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2008 at 8:59pm
Originally posted by Reb Cpl Reb Cpl wrote:

Originally posted by a5Tpp789 a5Tpp789 wrote:

recruting tool

I'm so bored with this claim. How do you know its not a
marketing gimmick?
            sorry I assumed everyone could tell
that they go hand in hand
if you put 500 dollars into an A5 it is still an A5
cfavre View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cfavre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2008 at 11:03pm

One more quick question, lol... I really am using the search button first I promise!

Can you mount the Rocket Cock on the Alpha Black to help keep the gun clean?

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2008 at 4:33pm

One more quick question, lol... I really am using the search button first I promise!

Can you mount the Rocket Cock on the Alpha Black to help keep the gun clean?

Assuming the positioning and screws haven't changed, yes.

Even with a few mods, it will work.
CobraA-5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CobraA-5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2008 at 7:18pm
idk i think you can only make them look like a m-4 m-16  
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2008 at 12:40am
Originally posted by carl_the_sniper carl_the_sniper wrote:

. . . I was wondering... will the Tippman Flatline barrel is compatible with with the Alpha Black . . .

Any Flatline would prevent the use of the front shroud and sight.

Is there anything about the Flatline barrel that should make me shy away from it?

Backspin barrels like the Flatline and Apex are things that users either really like or really dislike.  I always recommend trying both before purchase if possible to see which you prefer; or if you even like either one at all.  I happen to really like the Flatline and detest the Apex; others feel differently.

Already preordered the Alpha Black with the Egrip, the wait til June is going to kill me!

Please give us your opinion once you get it.

Oh one more thing, the feeder elbow will look similiar to the Custom 98?

The ads refer to a "quick release feeder elbow" so I would assume it uses the 98 elbow.

Almost definately will unless it is 98 barrel threaded. (which I doubt)

I thought I read somewhere that it was 98 threaded, but I can't find it again.  This is a question that someone who is interested should ask in the thread Evil Elvis put up in the Marker Gallery.

Go for the apex instead, you can mount it on the included barrel with little to no modification . . .

Should just be able to just screw a properly threaded Apex right on to it.  The only problem might be the fit between the handguards/front sight and the barrel due to differing circumferences.

. . . it is cheaper and better . . .

This is a point where Carl and I disagree; he prefers the Apex and I prefer the Flatline.  (He's wrong by the way.  )

. . . and will allow you to keep the m16 millsim look.

Very good point.  I don't see the point of getting a mil-sim marker then taking the mil-sim stuff off of it.

Originally posted by carl_the_sniper carl_the_sniper wrote:

Assuming the positioning and screws haven't changed, yes.

The pictures in the Marker Gallery make it look like the screw positions may be different, but it's hard to tell for sure.

Even with a few mods, it will work.

Not necessarily; unless you want to attach the rocket cock with only one screw.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2008 at 2:03pm
Mack: My point was that anything can be done with mods... anything.

And you have yet to present a reason why it is better that can't be countered.
Evil Elvis View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Crusher of Dreams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evil Elvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2008 at 9:37pm
Actually with a bit of grinding you can use a model 98 cyclone on the Alpha Black. Tippmann is planning on releasing a Alpha Black version of the Cyclone as well so you wont have to grind a bit to get them to line up with the body.
cfavre View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cfavre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2008 at 8:43pm
How much is a bit of grinding for the Cyclone? Wont have the gun til June anyway guess I might as well wait for the Alpha Black version to come out
Evil Elvis View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Crusher of Dreams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evil Elvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2008 at 10:21pm

How much is a bit of grinding for the Cyclone? Wont have the gun til June anyway guess I might as well wait for the Alpha Black version to come out

On the model 98 adaptor. It's a plastic piece shaped like the inner part of the stock elbow but links to a cyclone. Word has it that Tippmann will also release a Alpha Black Cyclone as well. Thou I myself cant wait.
cfavre View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cfavre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2008 at 11:23pm

Cool thanks.

Here's another question for anyone that might now... Have been reading that the low pressure kit will help with more consistency, less chopping and more shots per tanks but will it kill the look of the Alpha Black? I guess what Im asking is any part of the kit, like the low pressure chamber external?

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2008 at 12:20am

Cool thanks.

Here's another question for anyone that might now... Have been reading that the low pressure kit will help with more consistency, less chopping and more shots per tanks but will it kill the look of the Alpha Black? I guess what Im asking is any part of the kit, like the low pressure chamber external?

Yes, there is a large part of the kit that is external.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic