FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Those in the military

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6789>
Author
Da Hui View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested, 9/13 Inappropiate post content

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Da Hui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2008 at 2:30pm
Originally posted by procarbinefreak procarbinefreak wrote:

lol at master seaman
Thor View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Mr. Pink

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2008 at 5:07pm
Man...kids these days....lol

And as far as the appointment goes, a Corporal has the right to disagree on all commands issued by a MCpl...except we never do cause that's undermining a buddies authority in front of the troops...not cool.
A second class drive is always better than a first class walk.

brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Making stuff up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2008 at 5:09pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Man...kids these days....lol

And as far as the appointment goes, a Corporal has the right to disagree on all commands issued by a MCpl...except we never do cause that's undermining a buddies authority in front of the troops...not cool.

Pretty sure you're wrong about being able to disagree with an MCpl. QR&O 3.08: "(4) Master corporals have authority and powers of command over all other corporals."

But yeah, any troop who would try to cut down a MCpl in front of other troops needs some learning. Painful learning.
"Abortion is not "choice" in America. It is forced and the democrats are behind it, with the goal of eugenics at its foundation."

-FreeEnterprise, 21 April 2011.

Yup, he actually said that.
GI JOES SON View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Got me flowers for my birthday

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GI JOES SON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2008 at 5:11pm
Originally posted by brihard brihard wrote:

But yeah, any troop who would try to cut down a MCpl in front of other troops needs some learning. Painful learning.

what if the order is absolutely bogus and risks getting a lot of guys injured or killed?
Kristofer View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Good Sport. Semper Fi!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristofer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2008 at 5:15pm
if its a legal order it must be followed.

discipline is instant willing obedience to all orders. respect for authority.
Susan Storm View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Shot at Love Contestant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan Storm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2008 at 5:18pm

Originally posted by GI JOES SON GI JOES SON wrote:

what if the order is absolutely bogus and risks getting a lot of guys injured or killed?

I think you will find that many orders issued in the military risk getting a lot of guys injured or killed.  That's kind of the point.

"No society can surely be flourishing and happy, of which the far greater part of the members are poor and miserable."
GI JOES SON View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Got me flowers for my birthday

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GI JOES SON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2008 at 5:29pm
Originally posted by Susan Storm Susan Storm wrote:

I think you will find that many orders issued in the military risk getting a lot of guys injured or killed.  That's kind of the point.

i guess i should've said it differently...say the MCPL gives you a task to complete and its supposed to take 2 hours...but you know a different way of doing the exact same thing but quicker, but the MCPL tells you your not allowed to do it and gives no reason for it. would you go ahead and do the quicker, equally efficient method?
holysmartone View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
1 strike- language in posted image 6/9

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote holysmartone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2008 at 5:36pm

i guess i should've said it differently...say the MCPL gives you a task to complete and its supposed to take 2 hours...but you know a different way of doing the exact same thing but quicker, but the MCPL tells you your not allowed to do it and gives no reason for it. would you go ahead and do the quicker, equally efficient method?

Nope. When you get to that rank, then you can run things your own way. Until then, you do what the person above you tells you to do.
Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2008 at 6:41pm
Originally posted by brihard brihard wrote:

Originally posted by Snake6 Snake6 wrote:

We don't have Master Warrent Officers. We have CWO's, thank you.

Oops, my bad.
Did you get the PM I sent you?

no?
Thor View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Mr. Pink

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2008 at 7:44pm

Absolutely yes! It is the responsibility of everyone in the chain of command to carry out the orders in an efficient and timely manner within the parameters of the mission. If i do the job the correct way and the mission is accomplished, the slap on the pee-pee will not be as severe as following an order to the letter and having the Sgt come down on the whole troop.

Keep in mind however, whining and **edited**ing will get you nowhere.

There are two rules in my army. Mission before self(that includes petty ego's) and "don't come to me with problems, come to me with solutions". Maybe Bri would disagree with me on that. But different strokes for different folks and all that. Must work well too, cause I just got loaded on my QL 5's and it's 2 years early.

brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2008 at 8:44pm

There are two rules in my army. Mission before self(that includes petty ego's) and "don't come to me with problems, come to me with solutions". Maybe Bri would disagree with me on that. But different strokes for different folks and all that. Must work well too, cause I just got loaded on my QL 5's and it's 2 years early.

Hell no, no disagreement here. That's a pretty smart way of running things. Any idiot can moan and whine; only coming up with solutions actually helps anything though.

Congrats on getting loaded on your 5s. When do those start?

GI JOES SON- everyone has or will at some point worked for and with idiots. It's the nature of the best. You just suck it up, do it, and remind yourself that it's all pensionable time.
"Abortion is not "choice" in America. It is forced and the democrats are behind it, with the goal of eugenics at its foundation."

Linus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - language 6.29.10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2008 at 10:19pm

I think you will find that many orders issued in the military risk getting a lot of guys injured or killed. That's kind of the point.

No?

A lot of ways are more efficient, but the military is all about inefficiency and hurry up and wait.

It's not your subordinates job to tell you how to do things.

Hell, at boot (here comes the flames) the way we took showers was turn the shower on for 5 seconds, get wet, then turn it off. We'd then sit there for 5 minutes before we were allowed to lather.... then we got another 10 seconds to get all the soap off. End of shower.

Edited by Linus - 14 January 2008 at 10:20pm

Evil Elvis View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Crusher of Dreams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evil Elvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2008 at 10:38pm
Originally posted by Linus Linus wrote:

I think you will find that many orders issued in the military risk getting a lot of guys injured or killed. That's kind of the point.

No?

A lot of ways are more efficient, but the military is all about inefficiency and hurry up and wait.

Hell, at boot (here comes the flames) the way we took showers was turn the shower on for 5 seconds, get wet, then turn it off. We'd then sit there for 5 minutes before we were allowed to lather.... then we got another 10 seconds to get all the soap off. End of shower.

That shower was as long as your Marine Corps Career...

sorry couldnt help myself.
Hysteria View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 2 - Language, 9/25

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hysteria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2008 at 10:40pm

No?

How is showering like that at all inefficient?  Seems like an efficient way to save a lot of water to me.
Linus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2008 at 10:42pm
Did I ever say it was inefficient?   No. It was in reference to the hurry up and wait.

Evil, not a Marine till the EGA is in your hands. You know that.

Thor View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Mr. Pink

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2008 at 10:50pm
My 5's start on thursday and i was told at 1600 today...nice warning eh? I just got off ex and my kit is strewn all over hell's half acre....most of the gucci stuff is with the wife while she is in pet doing ibts and tmst with the brigade right now.

And linus....that is a waste of time. in our boot, we had exactly 4:15 minutes to shower and get dressed and be ready for parade....Flying Spaghetti Monster have mercy on your poor carb based soul if you were trailing behind. Can anyone say "The beatings will continue until morale/efficiency/attitude improves?"....that would mean we all get to do PT again and finish late that day. Nothing like going to bed on an empty stomach.

Ahhh the good old days *reminisces*

Evil Elvis View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Crusher of Dreams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evil Elvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2008 at 10:51pm

Did I ever say it was inefficient?   No. It was in reference to the hurry up and wait.

Indeed I said your Career in the Corps. I didnt call you a Marine.

Linus you forget besides Hurry Up and Wait the awesome Stand by to Stand by.
brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2008 at 10:58pm

My 5's start on thursday and i was told at 1600 today...nice warning eh? I just got off ex and my kit is strewn all over hell's half acre....most of the gucci stuff is with the wife while she is in pet doing ibts and tmst with the brigade right now.

Ahhh the good old days *reminisces*

Hah. TMST was balls, we did ours back in Sept. We're running IBTS ranges for them next week.

Linus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2008 at 11:01pm
Thor, what branch?

Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2008 at 11:08pm
Originally posted by Evil Elvis Evil Elvis wrote:

Indeed I said your Career in the Corps. I didnt call you a Marine.

Linus you forget besides Hurry Up and Wait the awesome Stand by to Stand by.

Stand By to Stand By for a Possible Maybe, over.

Good times.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6789>
  Share Topic