FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Those in the military

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>
Author
Linus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - language 6.29.10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2008 at 9:18pm
Originally posted by Susan Storm Susan Storm wrote:

Originally posted by Linus Linus wrote:

Please, show me a single time, IN proper context, where I said those in the military were better then civilians just because they were military. No speculations allowed, has to be a clear cut quote.

But hey, let them keep ragging on an injury sustained going for military service, because we all know who joined, who has not, and who is re-upping...

Like I said, no speculations. You assumed that I meant prior service is better then no prior service in that sentence, when in fact I just said who joined, has not, and who is re-enlisting.

Edited by Linus - 09 January 2008 at 9:19pm

Susan Storm View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Shot at Love Contestant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan Storm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2008 at 9:19pm
That's not speculating - that's reading.
"No society can surely be flourishing and happy, of which the far greater part of the members are poor and miserable."
Linus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2008 at 9:20pm

Nope, it's assuming to know what I am saying, which is speculation.

This thread will go the same way these types of threads always have, the same 3 people ragging on me for nothing more then giggles.

Sad really.

Susan Storm View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Shot at Love Contestant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan Storm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2008 at 9:22pm

Not to get all nit-picky here...  I am going on what your words say.  Those words are exactly what somebody with a military-superiority complex would write.  Therefore, for all practical purposes, you said that military folks are superior.

Whether you were thinking something else as you were typing, I cannot say, but as to what you ACTUALLY typed, there is little doubt.

If in fact you did not mean to state that military folks are superior, then you need to proofread more carefully, because that is what you are writing.

"No society can surely be flourishing and happy, of which the far greater part of the members are poor and miserable."
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2008 at 9:23pm

This thread will go the same way these types of threads always have, the same 3 people ragging on me for nothing more then giggles.

Sad really.

Linus, get off your high horse. When people are ragging on you, it's cause you're being stupid, and you're wrong. But that doesn't seem to matter, since you seem to be above admitting fault.
Evil Elvis View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Crusher of Dreams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evil Elvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2008 at 10:58pm
After I left Bootcamp after buying Uniforms and all I ended up with 1,200 cash. So Pay must have gone up for privates.
holysmartone View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
1 strike- language in posted image 6/9

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote holysmartone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2008 at 9:27am
Originally posted by Evil Elvis Evil Elvis wrote:

After I left Bootcamp after buying Uniforms and all I ended up with 1,200 cash. So Pay must have gone up for privates.

Yeah same here, I think I had about 1,400 when I left.
usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2008 at 10:47am
Hey Linus, I'm in better shape than you.
usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2008 at 10:59am

Originally posted by usafpilot07 usafpilot07 wrote:

You really don't know whaat you're talking about do you? I went through basic. You don't understand hard work.

Whatever dude. I guarantee I am.  Besides, if you were such a physically perfect specimen, your bum knee wouldn't have kept you from graduating.

EDIT: Oh, real mature.  Reeaal mature.

Edited by usafpilot07 - 10 January 2008 at 11:00am
GI JOES SON View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Got me flowers for my birthday

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GI JOES SON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2008 at 12:14pm
Originally posted by holysmartone holysmartone wrote:

Originally posted by Evil Elvis Evil Elvis wrote:

Yeah same here, I think I had about 1,400 when I left.

doesn't enlisted get a uniform bonus once a year or so for new uniforms? i don't know how much it would be, but doesn't it help out a little more than that?

i found out recently (conviently) that the new ACU's like to tear easily and officers only get one uniform allowance when we graduate/commission from ROTC
PaiNTbALLfReNzY View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Arsenal FC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaiNTbALLfReNzY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2008 at 12:24pm
Originally posted by GI JOES SON GI JOES SON wrote:

doesn't enlisted get a uniform bonus once a year or so for new uniforms? i don't know how much it would be, but doesn't it help out a little more than that?i found out recently (conviently) that the new ACU's like to tear easily and officers only get one uniform allowance when we graduate/commission from ROTC

Yes we do, on the anniversary month of your ADSD (Active Duty Service Date). Mine was only $136, but the amount you receive depends on rank I believe. If you are E-7 and above or an Officer, your uniform allowance goes up quite a bit I hear.

Edited by PaiNTbALLfReNzY - 10 January 2008 at 12:26pm
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GI JOES SON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2008 at 12:26pm
really? we all (the cadets) were told we get one uniform allowance, and that's when we graduate and commission. and i heard it blows. we still get food/housing allowance but not uniform. i could be wrong, but thats what the good colonel told us. 
PaiNTbALLfReNzY View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Arsenal FC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaiNTbALLfReNzY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2008 at 12:31pm
Not sure how Army does things, but that's how the Navy does it. Most people just spend that money on other stuff anyway.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GI JOES SON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2008 at 12:35pm
haha yea. we get 1100 a year for books i think, and if you happen to find your books cheaper online somewhere, well then you just have surplus. i'm not **edited**in though 
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2008 at 2:30pm

You really don't know whaat you're talking about do you? I went through basic. You don't understand hard work.

Whatever dude. I guarantee I am.  Besides, if you were such a physically perfect specimen, your bum knee wouldn't have kept you from graduating.

EDIT: Oh, real mature.  Reeaal mature.

Right after claiming that he's never said people in the military are better than people who aren't, he posts this. Well, here's yet another example of what Clark was talking about. Good ole' foot in the mouth move.

Edited by Dune - 10 January 2008 at 2:31pm
carl_the_sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 7/29, Bad Linky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2008 at 2:37pm
You guys have to pay for your uniforms?
Linus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2008 at 2:39pm
Originally posted by Dune Dune wrote:

You really don't know whaat you're talking about do you? I went through <SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold">basic.</SPAN> You don't understand hard work.
Whatever dude. I guarantee I am. Besides, if you were such a physically perfect specimen, your bum knee wouldn't have kept you from graduating.EDIT: Oh, real mature. Reeaal mature.

Right after claiming that he's never said people in the military are better than people who aren't, he posts this. Well, here's yet another example of what Clark was talking about. Good ole' foot in the mouth move.

Actually, I did not. USAF doctored it to make it look like I posted something then deleted it.

But, seeing as how I'm the one being ragged on, I guarantee most people will believe him over me.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GI JOES SON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2008 at 2:40pm
Originally posted by carl_the_sniper carl_the_sniper wrote:

yea...and the army combat uniform (acu) top and bottom together are about 60 bucks...what really sucks though is they tend to tear and rip easily.
carl_the_sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 7/29, Bad Linky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2008 at 2:47pm

yea...and the army combat uniform (acu) top and bottom together are about 60 bucks...what really sucks though is they tend to tear and rip easily.

Wow, I can't believe that they would make you pay for that.

What crap
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GI JOES SON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2008 at 2:55pm

Wow, I can't believe that they would make you pay for that.

What crap

well it doesn't end there...there's plenty of things that soldiers/marines have to pay for that a lot of people don't realize. i don't know if its still in effect or not, but i remember talking to someone who was in the army who said they had to pay for food in the mess hall.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>
  Share Topic