FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

My New Toy (With Pics)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6789>
Author
carl_the_sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 7/29, Bad Linky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2008 at 10:00pm
Originally posted by DeTrevni DeTrevni wrote:

Originally posted by Ticalxx421 Ticalxx421 wrote:

But the cop wont.
Which was the problem presented.And tell me, how is them being arrested and that arrest being on their records forever any better than getting scared away with a loud noise?

Doesn't have to.

The cop could detain them and bring them home to their parents. Hopefully, that would send a message.

If that doesn't work, than he definately could press charges. They get what they get.
Ticalxx421 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
guested. Doesn’t learn.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ticalxx421 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2008 at 10:03pm

But the cop wont.

Which was the problem presented.

And tell me, how is them being arrested and that arrest being on their records forever any better than getting scared away with a loud noise?
Don't ask me man. I don't really care about this thread I just wanted to point out that the cop isn't going to arrest any kids for screwing around. Unless they are rotten little buggers who piss the cop off.
[IMG]http://i14.tinypic.com/73e0l8j.jpg">
     Represent!
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2008 at 10:04pm

But the cop wont.

And tell me, how is them being arrested and that arrest being on their records forever any better than getting scared away with a loud noise?
Don't ask me man. I don't really care about this thread I just wanted to point out that the cop isn't going to arrest any kids for screwing around. Unless they are rotten little buggers who piss the cop off.

I wasn't asking you, really. Just using your post to illustrate a point.

Originally posted by carl_the_sniper carl_the_sniper wrote:

But the cop wont.
Which was the problem presented.And tell me, how is them being arrested and that arrest being on their records forever any better than getting scared away with a loud noise?

Doesn't have to.

The cop could detain them and bring them home to their parents. Hopefully, that would send a message.

We've already addressed that this probably won't.

If that doesn't work, than he definately could press charges. They get what they get.

Okay. How much does legal action cost? Is it worth it? Once again, we are straying from the point. Why is using a shotgun to scare off some troublesome, undisciplined kids bad? All other options presented are claimed to not work, are are worse than the shotty...

\/\/\/ USAF: Even so, would the cop even arrest the kids, is the question of concern. Magnum claims no.

Edited by DeTrevni - 09 January 2008 at 10:08pm
Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2008 at 10:06pm

But the cop wont.

Juvenile records are sealed.
.357 Magnum View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested and IP banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .357 Magnum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2008 at 10:09pm
Thats to much trouble over what it is. I'm not trying to be the ass who got my neighbors arrested over something stupid. Loud noise works good, and in a couple years they will forget about it yet never really want to come back around. It works.
Ticalxx421 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
guested. Doesn’t learn.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ticalxx421 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2008 at 10:17pm
Originally posted by .357 Magnum .357 Magnum wrote:

and in a couple years they will forget about it s.

Or be scared for life homez
[IMG]http://i14.tinypic.com/73e0l8j.jpg">
     Represent!
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2008 at 10:25pm

If that doesn't work, than he definately could press charges. They get what they get. <br style="color: rgb(255, 0, 0);"><span style="color: rgb(255, 0, 0);">Okay. How much does legal action cost? Is it worth it? Once again, we are straying from the point. Why is using a shotgun to scare off some troublesome, undisciplined kids bad? All other options presented are claimed to not work, are are worse than the shotty...</span>
\/\/\/ USAF: Even so, would the cop even arrest the kids, is the question of concern. Magnum claims no.

Cost who?

Worth it? If tresspassing bothers him enough to use a gun, getting them arrested is probably worth it.

He didn't even try the cops. Saying that they wouldn't care is meaningless unless he actually tried.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2008 at 10:28pm

Thats to much trouble over what it is. I'm not trying to be the ass who got my neighbors arrested over something stupid. Loud noise works good, and in a couple years they will forget about it yet never really want to come back around. It works.
No, you will be the redneck who used a gun to scare his neighbors kids away.

I doubt it will work unless they knew that it was a threat.
.357 Magnum View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested and IP banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .357 Magnum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2008 at 10:29pm
Not to mention they could be gone by the time the cops come, which would be an ever bigger waste of time. And We had gotten like 9 inches of snow the day before this so he wouldn't get here very fast.
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2008 at 10:35pm

If that doesn't work, than he definately could press charges. They get what they get. <br style="color: rgb(255, 0, 0);"><span style="color: rgb(255, 0, 0);">Okay. How much does legal action cost? Is it worth it? Once again, we are straying from the point. Why is using a shotgun to scare off some troublesome, undisciplined kids bad? All other options presented are claimed to not work, are are worse than the shotty...</span>

Cost who?

Period. I've never had to press charges, and have never had charges filed against me, so I don't know the system, but I refuse to believe it's free. Least in 'Merica.

Worth it? If tresspassing bothers him enough to use a gun, getting them arrested is probably worth it.

Enough to use a gun? Is "using a gun" such a big deal? Put a shell in the breech, point the barrel into the ground and pull the trigger. Shooting into the ground, far away form everyone, is not the same as shooting at a living thing. It certainly doesn't require a person "to be bothered enough."

He didn't even try the cops. Saying that they wouldn't care is meaningless unless he actually tried.

This is true, but you can't judge the probability of the cop's actions. Maybe he's right? We can't know, as we don't live there. As mentioned, it's very simple to pull a trigger safely.

Edited by DeTrevni - 09 January 2008 at 10:37pm

xXK1CK1NVV1NGXx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 2, 7/17 - quote offensive post

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xXK1CK1NVV1NGXx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2008 at 10:54pm
Ok, hp I have a plan use one of your nifty little dear cameras you have and
post it by where they usually come in. Then have it snap a picture, now you
have proof that they were in fact on your property. Now you can call the one
cop in town show him the pictures and have the little arrested. I
honestly don't know why this turned into such a big argument, this thread is
getting old there isn't much room as it is and it is even more crowded with
this thread that was great until you got involved.
<Sig violation, Section 1>
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2008 at 11:06pm

Cost who?

<br style="color: rgb(255, 0, 0);"><span style="color: rgb(255, 0, 0);">Period. I've never had to press charges, and have never had charges filed against me, so I don't know the system, but I refuse to believe it's free. Least in 'Merica.</span>Worth it? If tresspassing bothers him enough to use a gun, getting them arrested is probably worth it.

<span style="color: rgb(255, 0, 0);">Enough to use a gun? Is "using a gun" such a big deal? Put a shell in the breech, point the barrel into the ground and pull the trigger. Shooting into the ground, far away form everyone, is not the same as shooting at a living thing. It certainly doesn't require a person "to be bothered enough."</span>He didn't even try the cops. Saying that they wouldn't care is meaningless unless he actually tried.<br style="color: rgb(255, 0, 0);"><span style="color: rgb(255, 0, 0);">This is true, but you can't judge the probability of the cop's actions. Maybe he's right? We can't know, as we don't live there. As mentioned, it's very simple to pull a trigger safely.</span>

What would cost money?

Maybe he is right but we don't know because he didn't try.

Would you agree that if he had good cops in his area, calling them would have been more logical?

Not to mention they could be gone by the time the cops come, which would be an ever bigger waste of time. And We had gotten like 9 inches of snow the day before this so he wouldn't get here very fast.

So? Wouldn't your problem have been solved then?

Originally posted by xXK1CK1NVV1NGXx xXK1CK1NVV1NGXx wrote:

Ok, hp I have a plan use one of your nifty little dear cameras you have and
post it by where they usually come in. Then have it snap a picture, now you
have proof that they were in fact on your property. Now you can call the one
cop in town show him the pictures and have the little arrested. I
honestly don't know why this turned into such a big argument, this thread is
getting old there isn't much room as it is and it is even more crowded with
this thread that was great until you got involved.

Thank you!
ANARCHY_SCOUT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
strike 1 1/24 rudeness to newer members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ANARCHY_SCOUT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2008 at 11:18pm
All right everyone I know what we are all trying to get to here.

Give the kids pudding.
Gamertag: Kataklysm999
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xXK1CK1NVV1NGXx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2008 at 11:23pm
Pudding sounds good, but I have been having enough trouble sleeping as it is do to being sick. I have been sick the last month and I finally convinced my parents to set me up a doctors appointment tomorrow.

Oh and your welcome carl.
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2008 at 11:23pm

Would you agree that if he had good cops in his area, calling them would have been more logical?

Yes, I could probably agree to that. But I still wouldn't see any harm in the shotgun. Logical, meh. Harmful or stupid? Not really.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xXK1CK1NVV1NGXx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2008 at 11:26pm

Yes, I could probably agree to that. But I still wouldn't see any harm in the shotgun. Logical, meh. Harmful or stupid? Not really.

Agreed, not totally stupid but come on he honestly hasn't tried everything yet, before he just decides to pull out a potentially deadly weapon.
jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2008 at 11:31pm

Agreed, not totally stupid but come on he honestly hasn't tried everything yet, before he just decides to pull out a potentially deadly weapon.

My original point, even though it's not aimed in the kids direction.
Que pasa?

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2008 at 11:35pm
So that is a really nice gun you have there NotDaveEllis.
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2008 at 11:39pm
Very true. Contemplating if I want one myself.

Bunkered View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
What AM I smoking?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bunkered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2008 at 2:45am
Originally posted by jmac3 jmac3 wrote:

My original point, even though it's not aimed in the kids direction.

The shotgun has a 0% chance of injuring/killing the kids when it's nowhere near them.
A shotgun isn't a "potentially" deadly weapon. It IS a deadly weapon... but that's why you never point any gun at anything you don't fully intend to shoot.
As long as you follow that rule, you never have to worry about the "potentially deadly" aspect of firearms.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6789>
  Share Topic