FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

My New Toy (With Pics)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>
Author
Dye Playa View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested- Reposted Inapropiate Link.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dye Playa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2008 at 12:24pm
Originally posted by .357 Magnum .357 Magnum wrote:

Originally posted by Dye Playa Dye Playa wrote:

Just got done using my 500, neighbors horse was eating our deer feed again and the little kids thought it was a playground as well, I think the kids outran the horse.

So, you're a moron in real life too?

Read the rest of the thread mr. smartass

I did read it. Trying to justify shooting a gun around kids made you look even dumber. I don't care where you are shooting, what direction you are aiming-if there are kids near by, you don't shoot-period.
brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Making stuff up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2008 at 12:47pm

Just got done using my 500, neighbors horse was eating our deer feed again and the little kids thought it was a playground as well, I think the kids outran the horse.

So, you're a moron in real life too?

Read the rest of the thread mr. smartass

I did read it. Trying to justify shooting a gun around kids made you look even dumber. I don't care where you are shooting, what direction you are aiming-if there are kids near by, you don't shoot-period.

He's just stroking his e-peen. Don't worry about it.
"Abortion is not "choice" in America. It is forced and the democrats are behind it, with the goal of eugenics at its foundation."

-FreeEnterprise, 21 April 2011.

Yup, he actually said that.
ShortyBP View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

A G F Y

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShortyBP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2008 at 8:29pm
Originally posted by brihard brihard wrote:

He's just stroking his e-peen. Don't worry about it.

Well... here's to hoping he meets a woman named Lorena.
.357 Magnum View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested and IP banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .357 Magnum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2008 at 9:59pm
Originally posted by xXK1CK1NVV1NGXx xXK1CK1NVV1NGXx wrote:

Not to mention .357 it is just some deer feed, I don't see why it makes a
difference. I am sure many other animals eat that same feed during the day,
also from the pics you posted I thought the deer feeders were relatively
close to your house. So why could they not here you when you yelled, also it
would have been more effective had you walked out to them and asked
them not to do what they were doing other wise you would call the one
police officer you supposedly have.

Uh, tried all that. I'm not going to get the only cop our town has for something so stupid. And they're a bunch of white trash rednecks with about 100 cars (maybe more) scattered about their property. They don't listen to anything. Kid who is like 12 or 13 doesn't know what grade he is in. He says he doesn't keep track of that stuff ???

Other people on the street have been having issues with their horse eating things at their house as well and we live on a private road so we deal with most of the stuff ourself. And we don't care if wild animals eat the food. But we're not feeding the neighbors horse. It eats until the food is gone. Takes huge dumps about the lawn which the neighbors won't clean up. If it keep ups there is a guy at my dads work who sells horses on the side, we might end up taking their horse and letting the guy sell it. I think their last horses were taken away because of neglect.
Kayback View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2008 at 1:27am
There are some nice pest controll specialty rounds you can get for a 12 guage. We use them on the airfield to chase away birds (because the bunny huggers won't let us use #7 :) )

They fire mini grenades. Around 2 grams of grenade. They dont' fly far around 50m max, and they don't sound like a gunshot going off. They explode on impact. Useful for shooting over flocks of birds and making a noise on the far side of them to chase them away from the runway and the like.

Alternatively get some of these

12 guage baton rounds. :)

While the hippies might not get it, (and they are also probably anti spanking kids as well) it does seem like you took all reasonable precautions. Just keep it safe.

KBK

Edited by Kayback - 07 January 2008 at 1:27am
carl_the_sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 7/29, Bad Linky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2008 at 11:06am

Originally posted by xXK1CK1NVV1NGXx xXK1CK1NVV1NGXx wrote:

Not to mention .357 it is just some deer feed, I don't see why it makes a
difference. I am sure many other animals eat that same feed during the day,
also from the pics you posted I thought the deer feeders were relatively
close to your house. So why could they not here you when you yelled, also it
would have been more effective had you walked out to them and asked
them not to do what they were doing other wise you would call the one
police officer you supposedly have.
Uh, tried all that. I'm not going to get the only cop our town has for something so stupid. And they're a bunch of white trash rednecks with about 100 cars (maybe more) scattered about their property. They don't listen to anything. Kid who is like 12 or 13 doesn't know what grade he is in. He says he doesn't keep track of that stuff ???Other people on the street have been having issues with their horse eating things at their house as well and we live on a private road so we deal with most of the stuff ourself. And we don't care if wild animals eat the food. But we're not feeding the neighbors horse. It eats until the food is gone. Takes huge dumps about the lawn which the neighbors won't clean up. If it keep ups there is a guy at my dads work who sells horses on the side, we might end up taking their horse and letting the guy sell it. I think their last horses were taken away because of neglect.

Get the only cop in town to do his job? Seriosuly, it is is job and i'm sure he wouldn't mind doing it. I tell you, If I was getting shot at at all, the police would definately be involved so you are lucky.

Seriously? You are calling THEM white trash rednecks?

And now you are going to steal their horse?

And kayback, I seriosuly hope that was a joke post.

Edited by carl_the_sniper - 07 January 2008 at 11:07am
What to do? View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Language, 4/8

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote What to do? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2008 at 1:06pm

Originally posted by Kayback Kayback wrote:

There are some nice pest controll specialty rounds you can get for a 12 guage. We use them on the airfield to chase away birds (because the bunny huggers won't let us use #7 :) )

They fire mini grenades. Around 2 grams of grenade. They dont' fly far around 50m max, and they don't sound like a gunshot going off. They explode on impact. Useful for shooting over flocks of birds and making a noise on the far side of them to chase them away from the runway and the like.

Alternatively get some of these

12 guage baton rounds. :)

While the hippies might not get it, (and they are also probably anti spanking kids as well) it does seem like you took all reasonable precautions. Just keep it safe.

KBK

Ugh, screw the bunny huggers! Remington 12 Guage 3 1/2' Turkey Magnum loads FTW!

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested and IP banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .357 Magnum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2008 at 7:00pm
Carl, I wasn't shooting at them moron.

And to Kayback, I don't want to hurt the horse or take any chances hitting it so I'm going to stick to shooting into the bottom of the ravine in the opposite direction that it eats at.

And about the cop, he has been out here before and basically since it's a private road he told us he can't do much more than ask them to keep the horse on their property. I don't feel like dragging the cop out to my place when something serious could happen and he might actually be needed.
jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2008 at 7:13pm
Private road? All that means is outsiders aren't wanted.

Cops can still come in.

You definitely have more than one cop in your town. This isn't the Andy Griffith Show.
Que pasa?

ANARCHY_SCOUT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
strike 1 1/24 rudeness to newer members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ANARCHY_SCOUT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2008 at 7:14pm
Originally posted by evillepaintball evillepaintball wrote:

honestly, i came here expecting dildos
I was hoping it wasn't just me.
Gamertag: Kataklysm999
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested and IP banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .357 Magnum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2008 at 7:19pm
Originally posted by jmac3 jmac3 wrote:

Cops can still come in.

You definitely have more than one cop in your town. This isn't the Andy Griffith Show.

It's a private road, which means anything goes on the street. It's not public property.

And we only have 1 cop, town small, and low on cash so they only have the 1.

jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2008 at 7:20pm

Cops can still come in.

It's a private road, which means anything goes on the street. It's not public property.

Doesn't matter if it's public property, neither is my yard.

The 1 cop is like 15% believable.
Que pasa?

stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2008 at 7:22pm
It's not necessarily the danger to the children that freaks people out, it's the fact that you're so wlling to use a dangerous weapon for something as trivial as scaring some little kids and a horse. It's the idealogy behind it.

And honestly, if you don't realize that saying you used your 500 to drive off children is going to get you slammed by 90% of all humans practising any form of common sense, you really are a moron.

Even giving the idea that it's okay to use a gun for any purpose other than what it's intended simply adds to the growing dissatisfaction and lack of trust towards gun owners in general. Think of it lke this-every time you abuse your right to own a weapon, you push us all a little closer to not being able to own them at all.

I swear, kids like you are why God made gun locks.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested and IP banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .357 Magnum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2008 at 7:23pm
I know the cop can come, but I'm saying they can't enforce some of the normal laws. An example of that and only having one cop would be this summer when the crazy old lady neighbor heard some kids riding dirt bikes, and called the cops saying I was tearing the road up with my quad. The cop came, found out I wasn't even home(was at a car show) and explained to my parents and the only woman that it's a big waste of everyones time because even if I was tearing up the road on my quad, or whatever else for that matter, he can't do anything about it unless it's after 11 PM. He wasn't to happy that he had to drive out for nothing.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested and IP banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .357 Magnum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2008 at 7:28pm
Originally posted by stratoaxe stratoaxe wrote:

It's not necessarily the danger to the children that freaks people out, it's the fact that you're so wlling to use a dangerous weapon for something as trivial as scaring some little kids and a horse. It's the idealogy behind it.

And honestly, if you don't realize that saying you used your 500 to drive off children is going to get you slammed by 90% of all humans practising any form of common sense, you really are a moron.

Even giving the idea that it's okay to use a gun for any purpose other than what it's intended simply adds to the growing dissatisfaction and lack of trust towards gun owners in general. Think of it lke this-every time you abuse your right to own a weapon, you push us all a little closer to not being able to own them at all.

I swear, kids like you are why God made gun locks.

So what if I were using it to scare crows ? Lots of people use guns to scare large animals away, and since I knew kids were around I went out back so they couldn't actually see the gun itself. You're over reacting and making it sound like I was out to hurt something. The gun makes the most noise, so I used it. Shot it safely in a safe direction at least 150-200 yards away, and in the other direction of the stuff it scared.
evillepaintball View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not sexy - only dangerous to self

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evillepaintball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2008 at 7:28pm
trespassing on your prperty however, is something he can address at any hour.
Benjichang View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I pwned Leroy Jenkins!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benjichang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2008 at 7:29pm

Cops can still come in.

Yeah, dude. Laws need not apply to private property....
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2008 at 8:15pm
I wan't saying that you were out to hurt someone, I'm saying that saying you used a firearm to scare away lttle kids is disturbing.

And I'd say crows and children are completely different prey. Do you really want to even give the impression to a little kid that you're shooting at him? My problem isn't with the horse, because the horse wasn't equating the noise he heard with gunfire, he was startled. The child on the other hand is aware of what's going on, and that's just not the way to handle a situation.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested and IP banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .357 Magnum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2008 at 8:46pm
Well, the purpose was originally to scare the horse, my mom got sick of kid and yelled at them, I thought they were pretty much home when it turns out they were trying to be slick and hide behind trees, so my mom was watching the horse as I shot the gun ( I was out back ) and she said she saw the kids take off from behind some trees.
carl_the_sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 7/29, Bad Linky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2008 at 9:00pm

Well, the purpose was originally to scare the horse, my mom got sick of kid and yelled at them, I thought they were pretty much home when it turns out they were trying to be slick and hide behind trees, so my mom was watching the horse as I shot the gun ( I was out back ) and she said she saw the kids take off from behind some trees.

Right... I definatley believe that

You just spent a page of this thread tyrying to reason with us why it was reasonable to use a deadly weapon to scare kids away. Now when you see that nobody is coming to help you, you completely change it to: "Yes I did, but I didn't mean it".
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>
  Share Topic