Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hoe many of you smoke and Why?(Not weed)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
Poll Question: Do you smoke?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
18 [31.58%]
31 [54.39%]
8 [14.04%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
FROG MAN View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1- Language, 11/29/09

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FROG MAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2008 at 6:32pm

well, even if you do plan to not live that long, or dont think cancer is a to bad of a way to die, its still lame its hindering your life right now. I go biking / snowboarding / snowshoeing / hiking etc... with smokers and they have a horrible time.

I enjoy being active and enjoying my life right now, not doing something I "enjoy" so i can knock 20 years off my life.

and for the OP, my grandpa was in ww2, and he had seen some of the worst things a person can see in his life, and he said seing his wife die of cancer was worse.

<1 meg sig = bad>
Apu View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Funny/Ironic Title

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Apu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2008 at 6:38pm
Well karll, I haven't smoked a cig all year. As unimpressive as it is, it sounds amazing so I will keep telling myself that. I've been very irritable today though, i've definitely noticed that in myself.
I need a new Sig...
evillepaintball View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not sexy - only dangerous to self

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evillepaintball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2008 at 6:47pm
i havent smoked in about a month.  whoever said you can get addicted from just one is retarded
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2008 at 6:54pm
Pipes aren't addictive. Maybe the smokers trying to get over cigarettes can convert to pipes, and eventually phase it out all together. This is all in theory, though. Me personally having never smoked a cigarette, much less being addicted to them, don't have any experience with bucking the habit.
Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

Da Hui View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested, 9/13 Inappropiate post content

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Da Hui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2008 at 7:00pm
LOL HOE MANY 
Apu View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Funny/Ironic Title

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Apu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2008 at 7:07pm
Originally posted by DeTrevni DeTrevni wrote:

Pipes aren't addictive. Maybe the smokers trying to get over cigarettes can convert to pipes, and eventually phase it out all together. This is all in theory, though. Me personally having never smoked a cigarette, much less being addicted to them, don't have any experience with bucking the habit.
Quitting one form of nicotine with another generally doesn't work very well, and most of the time just gets you addicted to both. Especially if you try to quit smoking by starting to dip.
I need a new Sig...
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2008 at 7:20pm
Well, I've never heard of anyone being addicted to smoking a pipe, so I figured it may be something to look into. Can't be worse than cigarettes, unless, as you mentioned, you get hooked on both.
Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

Mehs View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
An Hero

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mehs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2008 at 7:25pm
I bought a corncob pipe recently, usually pack it with Captain Black, I smoke it every now and then, that stuff is awesome, but it makes you stink. 
Also I smoke hookah a few times a week at times, depending on where I am at. 
But I still never smoked a single cigarette in my life, and I don't really plan on it.
I really only seem to smoke tobacco products in social situations, people just have hookahs or I just pack my pipe and smoke it with a bunch of people.
[IMG]http://i27.tinypic.com/1538fbc.jpg">
Squeeze Box
Gatyr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Begging for strikes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gatyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2008 at 7:26pm
So, I find it mildly amusing that rather than justifying smoking, the people on here who smoke scoff at the people who tell them about their stupidity.

The only reason you find those silly things "relaxing" is because you were stupid enough to get addicted to something you forced yourself to acquire a taste for.

And with the hundreds of people that die from smoking each day living longer to spend more money on something other than medical expenses, the marginal decrease in the spending the government does as a result of the taxes you pay would hardly be noticeable.
TheSpookyKids87 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Heh-heh heh-heh - You said "post"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheSpookyKids87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2008 at 8:09pm
Nope, I think it is disgusting. Can't stand the smell of it especially after somebody comes in after they did smoke. I don't even like to stand next to them.
fractus.scud View Drop Down
well I have no title

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fractus.scud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2008 at 9:12pm
Originally posted by DeTrevni DeTrevni wrote:

I have heard of many people quitting cigs by moving over to pipes. It is only beneficial if you smoke the pipe properly (no inhaling) and of course, cut back smoking as much as possible. I don't think pipe tobacco has the amount of chemicals found in cigs either. Smoking cigs and pipes are really two completely different things. Pipe smoking takes much more care to do, and at least in my opinion, is much more refined. Making quality pipe tobacco is really an art. Of course, I wouldn't smoke more than one a day, as there is still risks of mouth and throat cancer.

Benny go home!
Glassjaw View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Took down Mike Tyson

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glassjaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2008 at 9:12pm
Originally posted by Gatyr Gatyr wrote:

So, I find it mildly amusing that rather than justifying smoking, the people on here who smoke scoff at the people who tell them about their stupidity.

The only reason you find those silly things "relaxing" is because you were stupid enough to get addicted to something you forced yourself to acquire a taste for.

And with the hundreds of people that die from smoking each day living longer to spend more money on something other than medical expenses, the marginal decrease in the spending the government does as a result of the taxes you pay would hardly be noticeable.

The desire for polyester is just to powerful.
Gatyr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gatyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2008 at 9:32pm
Originally posted by Glassjaw Glassjaw wrote:

Think what you want, I'm more likely to out live you, with a higher standard of health, less money spent on a useless addiction, and with a better skin complexion.

KEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKE.
Glassjaw View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Took down Mike Tyson

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glassjaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2008 at 9:50pm

Think what you want, I'm more likely to out live you, with a higher standard of health, less money spent on a useless addiction, and with a better skin complexion.

KEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKE.

But do you really have to be a stuck up  about it?

Edited by Reb Cpl - 03 January 2008 at 7:21am
Gatyr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gatyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2008 at 11:10pm

But do you really have to be a stuck up  about it?

Yes. Duh. I honestly feel I am a better person than the people who allow themselves to indulge with such a stupid product. Hopefully my contempt will help fuel one of you morons to change before you ruin your lives for something that really isn't as satisfying as you think.

Edited by Reb Cpl - 03 January 2008 at 7:21am
youm0nt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

MY CAPS LOCK IS STUCK HELP!!!!!!!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote youm0nt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2008 at 12:06am
NEGATIVE CONTACT. MY LUNGS ARE SENSITIVE ENOUGH AS IT IS.
Destruction View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Destruction Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2008 at 12:41am
I smoke a lot.

It's pretty relaxing...and I'm addicted.

Hopefully my contempt will help fuel one of you morons to change before you ruin your lives for something that really isn't as satisfying as you think.

Nah, not right now at least.

Edited by Destruction - 03 January 2008 at 12:42am
u dont know what to do ur getting mottor boatted

Men are from Magmar, women are from Venusaur.
Glassjaw View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Took down Mike Tyson

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glassjaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2008 at 1:00am
Originally posted by Destruction Destruction wrote:

I smoke a lot.

It's pretty relaxing...and I'm addicted.

Hopefully my contempt will help fuel one of you morons to change before you ruin your lives for something that really isn't as satisfying as you think.

Nah, not right now at least.

Yeah, pretty much.

Sadly I just finished off my pack.  =[

Time for shots though?!

The desire for polyester is just to powerful.
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2008 at 1:01am
As far as the pipe smoking goes. It's not an addictive form, there's very little nicotine in pipe tobacco compared to cigarettes. That's the reason a lot of people who try to quit smoking cigarettes by picking up a pipe fail. It takes care of the oral fixation part of the deal, but the lack of "buzz" continues to make them irritable to the utmost. That and they keep trying to inhale pipe smoke which is just god awful.

<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
bjelder View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bjelder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2008 at 1:24am
Originally posted by Uncle Rudder Uncle Rudder wrote:

images/bigdjrmblack.jpg">

Use to smoke 'em a lot, then I knocked it  down to the occasional now and
then/special events, and as of now I'm quitting. 

Theres no sense in smoking anything less than Blacks

i throw up when i smell those things lol
Vroooooooooooom
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
  Share Topic