Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

98 Coustom Pro

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Spartanz Halo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spartanz Halo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2008 at 1:42pm
Oh and if I do get a J&J Ceramic do I need to get an adapter for my marker? I was just looking at them and and the ceramic was labeled for a model 98.
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2008 at 1:47pm
no adapter needed Model 98 refers to all markers of the Tippmann '98 and Triumph lines
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2008 at 4:19pm
Originally posted by Spartanz Halo Spartanz Halo wrote:

We'll play anything for regular woodsball to hard core woodsball (hard core does exist right? My friend said that's where meleeing is legal).

Of course. When I play hard core I carry a 24" stainless steel SBS Snipernator barrel in a sheath across my back for use when barrel tagging.  (The stainless steel resists bending during tags and I have grip tape on the end so I don't lose it when things get exciting.  I'm working on a handguard but have yet to come up with a way to attach it that doesn't require drilling into the barrel.  I'm considering a modified apex adapter for this project.)  I also have a bandoleer on the front of the harness that holds three easily accessible stock 98 barrels for tags at ranges from beyond touching distance to approximately 18 feet.  (The weight distribution of 98 barrels makes them fly better than stock A5/X7 barrels.)

Seriously now, legal meleeing in paintball?  Riiiiiiiiiight!?

Edited:  Needed more "i"s in "right.

Edited by Mack - 03 January 2008 at 4:24pm
Ilford Rule View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ilford Rule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2008 at 4:39pm
Mack, your barrel strategy interests me. I always prefer to melee using my 68/45, though that 24" Snipernator barrel is intriguing. I think I'll buy two and tape them together, 48" barrel must be quite accurate. Man, that'll make me 7eh 1337357 5n1pz0rz on the field!

Spartanz Halo: What does hard core mean to you? There is no classification of competitive paintball known as hard core woodsball. It could be interpreted to mean people who play very seriously. However, meleeing is NEVER allowed in paintball. Barrel tagging is usually, but meleeing is not. Otherwise, injury rates would be... well... way too high.
Don't hit people with any paintball gear other than the paintballs themselves... just don't.
CPro (w/ polished internals)
14" Bigshot
BT SBS
Various Rails
NcSTAR D4B
Macro
AA 68/45

CCI Phantom
45 Grips

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spartanz Halo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2008 at 8:53pm
Yeah I had a feeling he lied about that too. All these lies are getting annoying. He wants to sell me his autococker trilly for $82. It's pretty accurate and silent. Would tis be a good deal? I've used it before and liked how silent it was and that the gravity feed hopper could actually keep up with how fast I'm shooting. It's got a 1.5 trigger that all you got to do is tap it and it'll fire. He might have a LPK on it and all it's been doing is sitting in his room just waiting for someone to play with it. The stock barrel he's got on it is really accurate. It's in mint condition, no scratches, dents, or broken parts. He's also going to throw in any extra parts/ tools that he can find and can fix it for me if anything goes wrong. All this for $82. Should I get it? I decided to not get a Cyborg just yet and put it off for a littel while longer. I'll send pics and stats ASAP. 
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2008 at 12:20am
Originally posted by Ilford Rule Ilford Rule wrote:

Mack, your barrel strategy interests me. I always prefer to melee using my 68/45, though that 24" Snipernator barrel is intriguing. I think I'll buy two and tape them together, 48" barrel must be quite accurate. Man, that'll make me 7eh 1337357 5n1pz0rz on the field!

Actually, you were supposed to visualize me swinging it (the Snipernator) like a mad Scotsman from the movie Braveheart.

Edited Note Referencing Above Statement:  When doing said visualization it is best to leave out the naked and painted blue part in order to avoid traumatic psychological distress.

Originally posted by Ilford Rule Ilford Rule wrote:

Don't hit people with any paintball gear other than the paintballs themselves... just don't.

Good advice.

Edited by Mack - 04 January 2008 at 12:28am
thejudge View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thejudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2008 at 1:22am

Is it the autococker trilogy tactical?  I just bought one for half that price and he might have too.  He may just be trying to make some $$ off of it.  The stock barrel isnt too great on it but the J&J is beautiful.  It silences it even more and is extremely accurate.  You may also just want to use the cash for the 98.  It really depends on what kind of money you are looking to spend at this time.  the autococker will also suck up some funds since you will end up getting a new barrel, a delrin bolt, and you will need HPA/N2.  I havent heard good stories with cockers and CO2.  I love the cocker though. 

Now to the 98.  Are you looking at going and getting the e grip on it or an RT to speed it up?  Personally I love the cyclone and it will give you plenty of speed unless you need to shoot faster than 15-25 bps (25 after you upgrade the internals).  As for the stock on it it is all about prefference.  If you have a friend that has one try borrowing it for a game or 2 and this will help you decide whether or not you want to actually buy one.  If not I recomend the RVA.  You can still get milsim look without a stock.  The rocket cocker is also a nice upgrade to seal the bolt up a little bit more. 

Good luck on the build and let us know if you have any other questions.  Also by melee did you mean dead manning/barrel tapping.  I know some people give a 10ft radius where you are supposed to say dead man instead of shooting and some places its shoot to kill no matter what.  I have never heard of it referred to as meleeing.

Stay low, run fast, and hope that paintball doesn't hit your...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spartanz Halo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2008 at 12:18pm
No it's not. He's had this thing for quite some time. He might have some upgrades on it already. I would switch to HPA/N2 but no place around here refills that so that's a big problem. For the 98  I'll end up putting an e grip/ RT on it along with a cyclone. As for meleeing he ment everything for a simple barrel tag to hitting them as hard as you possibly can with your C02 bottle and getting into fights. At least that's what he said. I think I'll use my 12" Tippy stock barrel for barrel tagging.

Edited by Spartanz Halo - 04 January 2008 at 12:24pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spartanz Halo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2008 at 12:19pm

Originally posted by Mack Mack wrote:

Originally posted by Spartanz Halo Spartanz Halo wrote:

We'll play anything for regular woodsball to hard core woodsball (hard core does exist right? My friend said that's where meleeing is legal).

Of course. When I play hard core I carry a 24" stainless steel SBS Snipernator barrel in a sheath across my back for use when barrel tagging.  (The stainless steel resists bending during tags and I have grip tape on the end so I don't lose it when things get exciting.  I'm working on a handguard but have yet to come up with a way to attach it that doesn't require drilling into the barrel.  I'm considering a modified apex adapter for this project.)  I also have a bandoleer on the front of the harness that holds three easily accessible stock 98 barrels for tags at ranges from beyond touching distance to approximately 18 feet.  (The weight distribution of 98 barrels makes them fly better than stock A5/X7 barrels.)

Seriously now, legal meleeing in paintball?  Riiiiiiiiiight!?

Edited:  Needed more "i"s in "right.

OOOOOWWWWWW. That'll leave a big red mark.

ammolord View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ammolord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2008 at 9:42pm
sounds like fun..... to a point. id get mad and shoot them at point blank range. that could be cuz i have an extramly short fuse though. never heard of meleeing in paintball. as for ur gun i hav e no help, im in the same boat ur in.
PSN Tag: AmmoLord
XBL: xXAmmoLordXx

~Minister of Tinkering With Things That Go "BOOM!"(AKA Minister of Munitions)~
Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2008 at 10:48pm
Barrels? pssh...

Ka-Bars and Mameluke Swords are the way we play.
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2008 at 11:25pm
Wow. You guys are Texan? I'm Houstonian. We need to play some time. It seems y'all have a LLLLOOOOOTTTT to learn about this game...
Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2008 at 2:07am
Originally posted by DeTrevni DeTrevni wrote:

Wow. You guys are Texan? I'm Houstonian. We need to play some time. It seems y'all have a LLLLOOOOOTTTT to learn about this game...

Don't abuse them too much DeTrevni.
Ilford Rule View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ilford Rule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2008 at 4:05pm
i've no objections to Detrev's "lessons". Just make sure paramedics are on hand k?
CPro (w/ polished internals)
14" Bigshot
BT SBS
Various Rails
NcSTAR D4B
Macro
AA 68/45

CCI Phantom
45 Grips
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2008 at 4:38pm
Originally posted by Mack Mack wrote:

Originally posted by DeTrevni DeTrevni wrote:

Don't abuse them too much DeTrevni.

Hah! There's a reason his marker is named after the Egyptian god of Death.
tippmannnewb View Drop Down
language stike 1/11/08

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tippmannnewb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2008 at 5:19pm

When playing hardcore woodsball, I usually strap a bunch of paintball grenades around my chest. Then when the time is right, i'll pull all the pins and do a "diving bearhug" at one of my opponents.

thejudge View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thejudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2008 at 5:32pm
by barel tapping i didnt mean actually hitting them with the barrel.  t simply means deadmanning someone.  If I got hit with a CO2 tank or a barrel i would probably have to hurt someone.  If you get the RT trigger you will be fine with CO2, especially since you live in tewas and it usually doesnt get too cold there.  if you go electronic then i recomend the HPA if you can find a place to fill it.  As for the hopper question just get the cyclone and you will have plenty of speed for woodsball or any other play you want to do.
Stay low, run fast, and hope that paintball doesn't hit your...
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2008 at 6:00pm
Originally posted by tippmannnewb tippmannnewb wrote:

When playing hardcore woodsball, I usually strap a bunch of paintball grenades around my chest. Then when the time is right, i'll pull all the pins and do a "diving bearhug" at one of my opponents.

riiiiiiiigggghhhhht.....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spartanz Halo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2008 at 6:42pm

Originally posted by Snake6 Snake6 wrote:

Barrels? pssh...

Ka-Bars and Mameluke Swords are the way we play.

We play big-boy style with bayonnets (i have no clue on how to spell that) straped onto the ends of our barrels with machetties (or how to spell that one, but you get my point) on our backs for close combat Texan style lol.

Anyways back to the questions, is that autococker for $82 worth it or am I getting ripped of? I'm not sure what year it is but I have played with it before and loved its handeling, quietness, and accuracy. Supposedly he said there's some Paintball rule that prevents him form throwing his hopper in with the gun for free and said I have to pay extra to get it. The 2 hoppers I have don't fit his cocker and I'm not going to do any thing to them because I'll need them for my Tippy. I'm not going to buy another hopper for the cocker (if I buy it) because he wants to be a butthole about giving ayway his hopper due to some imaginary rule that he's using as an excuse to nickel and dime me out of all my cash. But is the gun woth the cash?

Edited by Spartanz Halo - 05 January 2008 at 6:49pm
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2008 at 7:13pm
Given that it's used, $82 is too high a price to be paying when they go NIB for $100 or so on E-bay. I'd say $65-$70 w/o a hopper. What kind of hopper is it that he has anyway? And the crap he's giving you about some "hopper rule" is a load of BS.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic