FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

98 Coustom Pro

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Ace_Of_Spades View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested, Doesnt follow Rules. 9/10/08

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ace_Of_Spades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 98 Coustom Pro
    Posted: 09 January 2008 at 6:30pm
oooooo Karnivor...i <3 karnivor
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2008 at 6:26pm
Originally posted by Spartanz Halo Spartanz Halo wrote:

The only prob with switiching to a different team is that there is no other team in a 40 mile radius. No one want to live in/near the Prison City. Belive me he's not trying to play me. He doesn't know how. He just wants to "impress me" because he hasn't had a friend that could actually paintball with him. The hopper is a POS and he's had to do a little sanding ant taping so that the hopper would fit ang stay on the gun. The tape was so that the hopper would stay and when fireing it wouldn't fly off( yes it would fly off). I'm not going to buy the hopper but the marker is good. he said the cocker trilly isn't just a regular trilly, it's a trilly ext lol. He wants $80 for it but I'll get him down to $70 or $65 once I tell him that it doesn't exist. He's been chating with some guy called "Iron Head" who is supposedly the best paintballer in the world. Whenever he invited me to join, he said we'd be in tournaments, guess what he says now that we're going to wait a little longer before we get into tourneys so we can "get our skills up".

There are only 7 types of trilogies that were produced.
The go in order from lowest to highest:

• Trilogy Sport
  • Trilogy Competition
  • Trilogy Tactical
  • Trilogy Pro
  • Trilogy Competition SF
  • Trilogy Tactical SF
  • Trilogy Pro SF

No such thing as an EXT (which you already state you knew). I understand the kid is excited about having a friend to play paintball with, but he needs to learn to tone it down a bit and research some facts before making a fool of himself in front of you.

When he's trying to get you to pay a lot for the trilogy he wants to sell you, you need to point out to him that whatever price he paid for it in the first place, the value on Autocockers has dropped drastically in the past year. Markers that used to sell for $1,200.00 new are now going for $300. Not even the almighty Karnivorr is going for more than $450 new-in-box these days.
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
Ace_Of_Spades View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested, Doesnt follow Rules. 9/10/08

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ace_Of_Spades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2008 at 5:30pm

Originally posted by DeTrevni DeTrevni wrote:

Look, I'm gonna say this in a kind, concerned way:

Get the fark off your "friend's" team!

Everything he's told you to date is pure BS, and he's trying to shaft you into spending extra on what I can almost imagine is a crappy hopper. If you truly want to develop in this sport/game/hobby/whatever, then you need to blaze your own trail until you feel you know enough about the game to compete effectively on a team and not get manipulated.

thats what i diiiid

oh and its nice to know there are some texans in this forum, im from DFW area...anyways, yeah i definetly learned a buttload of stuff about tippys on my own and now i can take them all apart and put them back together practically with my eyes closed...even with the upgrades, learning on your own is the best way or, if you want, there is a BIG gathering each year called OKLAHOMA D-DAY...anyone whos gone to one of these please say OORAH! where you can learn quite a bit about all sorts a guns and find what intersets you the most first hand

#1 its just plain amazing

#2that where i learned about tippys and thier practically indestructibleness

#3...4000 people playing at one time if that doesnt sound fun then you need to be slapped

Edited by Ace_Of_Spades - 09 January 2008 at 5:33pm
Spartanz Halo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spartanz Halo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2008 at 10:30am
The only prob with switiching to a different team is that there is no other team in a 40 mile radius. No one want to live in/near the Prison City. Belive me he's not trying to play me. He doesn't know how. He just wants to "impress me" because he hasn't had a friend that could actually paintball with him. The hopper is a POS and he's had to do a little sanding ant taping so that the hopper would fit ang stay on the gun. The tape was so that the hopper would stay and when fireing it wouldn't fly off( yes it would fly off). I'm not going to buy the hopper but the marker is good. he said the cocker trilly isn't just a regular trilly, it's a trilly ext lol. He wants $80 for it but I'll get him down to $70 or $65 once I tell him that it doesn't exist. He's been chating with some guy called "Iron Head" who is supposedly the best paintballer in the world. Whenever he invited me to join, he said we'd be in tournaments, guess what he says now that we're going to wait a little longer before we get into tourneys so we can "get our skills up".
MeanMan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MeanMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2008 at 5:47pm

Wow, yeah ditch your friend.

You can still play with them, but, as people have said, find your own path.  Dont depend on them for information.  It sounds like they may be playing you, or they are very "not smart" to put it nicely.

hybrid-sniper~"To be honest, if I see a player still using an Impulse I'm going to question their motives."
Ilford Rule View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ilford Rule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2008 at 1:27pm
Play with your friends if you want my advice. Just not on a team. Find your niche on the field first. And the only way to do that is play. Eventually you'll figure out what your good at, and then you'll be able to really offer something to a team.
CPro (w/ polished internals)
14" Bigshot
BT SBS
Various Rails
NcSTAR D4B
Macro
AA 68/45

CCI Phantom
45 Grips
TJ-AmbushSniper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJ-AmbushSniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2008 at 12:49am

I would agree with DeTrevni, he is giving you the purest form of BS, there is no such thing as "Hardcore" paintball as he speaks of, there is no hopper rule. You are better off playing by yourself or finding another team.

-Tippmann A-5
Double Trigger
X7 Hopper to replace A5
-Draxxus 48ci 3000psi HPA
-Proto Switch EL Camo

DeTrevni View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2008 at 12:12am
Look, I'm gonna say this in a kind, concerned way:

Get the fark off your "friend's" team!

Everything he's told you to date is pure BS, and he's trying to shaft you into spending extra on what I can almost imagine is a crappy hopper. If you truly want to develop in this sport/game/hobby/whatever, then you need to blaze your own trail until you feel you know enough about the game to compete effectively on a team and not get manipulated.
Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2008 at 11:16pm
You no use facepalm!!!! I am the keeper of the facepalm!!!!
tippmannnewb View Drop Down
language stike 1/11/08

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tippmannnewb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2008 at 10:19pm
Originally posted by tallen702 tallen702 wrote:

Originally posted by tippmannnewb tippmannnewb wrote:

When playing hardcore woodsball, I usually strap a bunch of paintball grenades around my chest. Then when the time is right, i'll pull all the pins and do a "diving bearhug" at one of my opponents.

riiiiiiiigggghhhhht.....
Facepalm.jpg
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2008 at 7:13pm
Given that it's used, $82 is too high a price to be paying when they go NIB for $100 or so on E-bay. I'd say $65-$70 w/o a hopper. What kind of hopper is it that he has anyway? And the crap he's giving you about some "hopper rule" is a load of BS.

Spartanz Halo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spartanz Halo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2008 at 6:42pm

Originally posted by Snake6 Snake6 wrote:

Barrels? pssh...

Ka-Bars and Mameluke Swords are the way we play.

We play big-boy style with bayonnets (i have no clue on how to spell that) straped onto the ends of our barrels with machetties (or how to spell that one, but you get my point) on our backs for close combat Texan style lol.

Anyways back to the questions, is that autococker for $82 worth it or am I getting ripped of? I'm not sure what year it is but I have played with it before and loved its handeling, quietness, and accuracy. Supposedly he said there's some Paintball rule that prevents him form throwing his hopper in with the gun for free and said I have to pay extra to get it. The 2 hoppers I have don't fit his cocker and I'm not going to do any thing to them because I'll need them for my Tippy. I'm not going to buy another hopper for the cocker (if I buy it) because he wants to be a butthole about giving ayway his hopper due to some imaginary rule that he's using as an excuse to nickel and dime me out of all my cash. But is the gun woth the cash?

Edited by Spartanz Halo - 05 January 2008 at 6:49pm
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2008 at 6:00pm
Originally posted by tippmannnewb tippmannnewb wrote:

When playing hardcore woodsball, I usually strap a bunch of paintball grenades around my chest. Then when the time is right, i'll pull all the pins and do a "diving bearhug" at one of my opponents.

riiiiiiiigggghhhhht.....
thejudge View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thejudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2008 at 5:32pm
by barel tapping i didnt mean actually hitting them with the barrel.  t simply means deadmanning someone.  If I got hit with a CO2 tank or a barrel i would probably have to hurt someone.  If you get the RT trigger you will be fine with CO2, especially since you live in tewas and it usually doesnt get too cold there.  if you go electronic then i recomend the HPA if you can find a place to fill it.  As for the hopper question just get the cyclone and you will have plenty of speed for woodsball or any other play you want to do.
Stay low, run fast, and hope that paintball doesn't hit your...
tippmannnewb View Drop Down
language stike 1/11/08

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tippmannnewb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2008 at 5:19pm

When playing hardcore woodsball, I usually strap a bunch of paintball grenades around my chest. Then when the time is right, i'll pull all the pins and do a "diving bearhug" at one of my opponents.

tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2008 at 4:38pm
Originally posted by Mack Mack wrote:

Wow. You guys are Texan? I'm Houstonian. We need to play some time. It seems y'all have a LLLLOOOOOTTTT to learn about this game...
Don't abuse them too much DeTrevni.

Hah! There's a reason his marker is named after the Egyptian god of Death.
Ilford Rule View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ilford Rule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2008 at 4:05pm
i've no objections to Detrev's "lessons". Just make sure paramedics are on hand k?
CPro (w/ polished internals)
14" Bigshot
BT SBS
Various Rails
NcSTAR D4B
Macro
AA 68/45

CCI Phantom
45 Grips
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2008 at 2:07am

Wow. You guys are Texan? I'm Houstonian. We need to play some time. It seems y'all have a LLLLOOOOOTTTT to learn about this game...

Don't abuse them too much DeTrevni.
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2008 at 11:25pm
Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2008 at 10:48pm
Barrels? pssh...

Ka-Bars and Mameluke Swords are the way we play.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic