Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

12g problem.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
p_p_b_h View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p_p_b_h Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 12g problem.
    Posted: 27 December 2007 at 9:42am
well took my phantom out and got my first elimination with it, so i was pretty happy, then it pretty much died. well i tried using crossman 12g and i thought theyd be better than brass eagles... well they were more difficult to puncture, they bled out a lot more, they seemed to lose power after like 5 shots so i lost range quickly. at the last game, i had 2 perfect lanes on people and i was sure id be able to  win the game. i had a new 12g in and only had taken 2 shots. pumped and shot again, and BAM! just starts spewing out the sides and leaking all over, and i got bunkered, for the 1st time in my life, in hte kidnes... got home, but a brass eagle in and it was fine....  so my q. is what is the best 12g?
The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2007 at 12:52am
They're all identically made, and should be pressurized as so.

You have an issue with your 12g adapter. Check the o-ring to make sure its getting a good seal, and also make sure its oiled. Put a drop of oil on top of the first 12g of a new day.

You also have to screw them in fast.
SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2007 at 5:06pm
Well, check the very top of the 12g and see if they are both the same. Some 12gs have a "Lip" and others dont. I dont know what Phantoms like, but I know I was looking at Overlords a while back and the website said the lipped ones will jam.
merc View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
American Scotchy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote merc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2007 at 1:46pm
^ bingo there are 2 different styles of 12 grams. both hold 12 grams of co2 but they both have different necks. if your gun likes BE 12 grams use them (if they are cheap enough) if not pick up another 12g changer.
saving the world, one warship at a time.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic