Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Online Gear ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
luke35whelan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luke35whelan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Online Gear ?
    Posted: 07 December 2007 at 8:40am

New guy here. I've just ordered a new A-5 package, should be here the 11'th. I've only shot a paintball gun a few times. About 8 of the guys I work with are going to start playing in the woods behind our station. Only one of them have owned a paintball gun. Should be a cluster to say the least. I have a few questions and hope you can help. The package I bought includes the following:

A-5 Marker, Flatline Barrel, E-Grip & WAS , Facemask, Cyclone System, 4 140 Round Pods, Coil Remote, 6 Position Stock, 20oz Tank, 200 Round Hopper, as well as the small stuff that comes with the marker.  

Is this a good entry level set-up that I will not outgrow quickly ? 

What else do I need to get started playing ?

Where online do you  buy stuff. Around here there is Academy and a Divers Supply that sells paintball stuff. Academy has a limited selection, Divers Supply is way high.

Lke I said before, I'm new to all this. I want to get what I need to get started right. We work 24 hour shifts in a VERY rual county and have a lot of down time.  We only run one or two call per bus in a 24 hour shift, last shift we didn't turn a wheel.  We have plenty of time to play.

I'd like to thank you in advance for any advise you can provide.

If You Can Walk You Don't Need An Ambulance
Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2007 at 8:57am

The one thing you will need almost right of the bat is a new mask. The stock mask suck and will fog up after about two minutes of play and then you can't see anything. Don't skimp on your mask. Splurge a little on it, trust me. Get a good high end (at least $50) mask immediatly. I wouldn't be afraid to spend 80-90 bucks on a good mask.

I order all of my paintball supplies through Mike at Countysports.com. They have fast shipping, great customer service, and Mike is a member here.

stick_boy_2002 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Not 1 language strike

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stick_boy_2002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2007 at 12:45pm
i usually use action village

sinisterNorth View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
1 strike, language, 10/3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sinisterNorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2007 at 1:12pm
I like CountySports.
Pumpker'd; (V.) When a pump player runs up and shoots you at point blank range because you thought 20bps made you good.
p_p_b_h View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p_p_b_h Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2007 at 1:22pm
yes, your current set up is a pretty good one.  the a5 is tough, and a great first marker, many people use an a5 as a main gun. masks in gun packages normally are very poor in quality, as others have said, and a better mask will be more comfortable, be less likely to fog, and should fit better. the a5 is tough, the remote line can allow for better movement, the egrip will allow you to hose some people, and the flatline will add some distance for your shots. goodluck in paintball 
jordanpischke View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jordanpischke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2007 at 3:50pm

Yes that is a good start up package, but you will have to make sure you set your E grip low enough so it doesn't out shoot your cyclone. Also if you gonna use the remote you should buy a pack/harness to hold you c02 tank. I like to use www.actionvillage.com and www.tippmannparts.com .

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luke35whelan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2007 at 8:05pm
Thanks for the replies. Those are some good web sites. I cant wait to get started.
Jockamo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jockamo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2007 at 4:20pm
Thats a realy good setup.  Get some practice with the flatline because it pops up in the middle for the last few 100 feet.  Once you get use to that and can judge it good, then you can do some damage.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luke35whelan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2007 at 12:13pm

The package arrived early. It was dark by the time I got everything together. I had to take a few shots in the dark. I took it to work yesterday and put about 500 rounds through it. I don't have a chrono yet so I'm using the setting it's on. All I can say is "WHAT A FRIGGIN BLAST !!!!!! "

As a few of you suggested I just ordered a new mask. The one that came with it was pretty poor. There is nowhere around that had masks that I could try on so I ordered one online. I ordered A Thermal Flex-8 full head cover.

Now I have to find paint that this gun likes, that should be fun. Thanks again for the input.

SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2007 at 4:14pm
Originally posted by luke35whelan luke35whelan wrote:

The package arrived early. It was dark by the time I got everything together. I had to take a few shots in the dark. I took it to work yesterday and put about 500 rounds through it. I don't have a chrono yet so I'm using the setting it's on. All I can say is "WHAT A FRIGGIN BLAST !!!!!! "

As a few of you suggested I just ordered a new mask. The one that came with it was pretty poor. There is nowhere around that had masks that I could try on so I ordered one online. I ordered A Thermal Flex-8 full head cover.

Now I have to find paint that this gun likes, that should be fun. Thanks again for the input.

The Flex-8 is a good pro-level mask, but you may want to remove the head coverage. Flatlines like small bore paint (If you've ever machined something, you'll know what I mean. Paintballs vary in size from .685 to .693)like Marbilizers and such. You dont need small bore paint, but its the best.

Just one thing, flatlines can become a disaster if not used right. Dont use crap paint or jack up your velocity and it will be great.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luke35whelan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2007 at 7:06am

I've never done any machine work but I reloaded for several years. Do I need to measure my bore or do Flatlines run the same  ? From what I've been able to find it appears paint varies form brand to brand in size. I found one online store that listed the the paint diameter . What size or brand would you start off with ?  Again, thanks for taking the time to answer questions you've seen a million times before. 

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic