Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Tippmann Triumph XT, $50 new, worth it?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
the_skdster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_skdster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tippmann Triumph XT, $50 new, worth it?
    Posted: 06 December 2007 at 11:22am

I just saw a Tippmann XT's for $50. BNIB.
I was thinking of buying a backup marker for a long time now and wanted it to be a custom 98 but can't afford one, not even at the boxing day price of $120. I also didn't it to be a JT or cheap Spyder.
So, is it worth buying? I have not checked prices online before but checked today and saw them selling for $70+ new on Ebay.

So, should I buy one? Prolly gonna tell my cousin to buy one as well, seing that he always rents and loses $$$ that way. This'd be a good investment for him so he can BYOP without "cheating" the Field out of their "no BYOP for renters" policy by "stealing" my paintballs.  ;D

Edited by the_skdster - 06 December 2007 at 11:24am
~OTKer_4_Life~

The Gear
A-5
ShinyInternals
E-Grip w/WAS
APEX
PalmersStabilizer
MP5CollapsableStock
RemoteLine
42mmRedDotSight
TacCap
WarsensorTacticalVest
thejudge View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thejudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2007 at 3:22pm
They are really a pain in the *** to take apart in all honesty.  They are mostly plastic and not nearly as rugged as most Tippmann's.  The insides are the same as the 98c so really it all comes down to you.  personally I have seen them in action and I was not impressed at all.  they also use alot of philips headed screws instead of allen wrench screw heads.  persoanally i say buy a used 98c or save up for a new one.  they are a better marker as far as the build goes. 
Stay low, run fast, and hope that paintball doesn't hit your...
TheWarHam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheWarHam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2007 at 3:49pm
They have more recoil than an AK47.

Get a used 98 Custom.
Indeedly
carl_the_sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 7/29, Bad Linky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2007 at 7:15pm
Originally posted by TheWarHam TheWarHam wrote:

They have more recoil than an AK47.Get a used 98 Custom.
I seriously doubt they have any more noticable recoil than a 98.

If recoil is a large enough factor, than a 98 is also not for you.
<just say no to unnecessarily sexualized sigs>
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2007 at 7:57pm
I'm going to diverge from the crowd here and say yes they are a good marker for that price. They use '98 internals with a rather tough plastic housing. While tear-down may be a pain, there's not much reason to tear one down as they are sealed well enough that a little spray bottle with some water and alcohol mixed to get paint out of the breech from a ball-chop is all you're going to need as far as clean-up goes. Put two drops of oil in the ASA, one in the charging handle slot, and you're good to go.

For $50, for a new marker, it's tough to go wrong.
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2007 at 9:30pm
Just so you know, Computergeeks.com has them for $39.99 now.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2007 at 10:53pm
Exactly, they are great markers for the price.

Especially the ext.
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2007 at 11:20pm
One of the regulars out at the field was getting ragged on by a bunch of AGG kiddies recently for playing with his old Tribal Twister. So, he put it back in the bag and pulled out an eXT from the trunk of his car. Threw his hopper and HPA tank on it and still proceeded to mop up the field with the little snot-nosed brats. It was brilliant!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_skdster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2007 at 2:20am
I went ahead and bought one, split the bill 50/50 with my 'lil bro.
Sure can't beat a $25 backup Tippmann.
My cousin bought one also, his first Owner gun. I'm sure happy I talked him out of buying that brass eagle and JT.
~OTKer_4_Life~

The Gear
A-5
ShinyInternals
E-Grip w/WAS
APEX
PalmersStabilizer
MP5CollapsableStock
RemoteLine
42mmRedDotSight
TacCap
WarsensorTacticalVest
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2007 at 4:52pm
You will not be dasappointed I'm sure.

Don't forget to write a review after you try it.

There just isin't enough info on triumphs.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_skdster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2007 at 7:21pm

Originally posted by carl_the_sniper carl_the_sniper wrote:

You will not be dasappointed I'm sure.

Don't forget to write a review after you try it.

There just isin't enough info on triumphs.

Will do.
But I won't be PBing until after  christmas. Saving it all up bor Boxing Day at my Local PB shops.

~OTKer_4_Life~

The Gear
A-5
ShinyInternals
E-Grip w/WAS
APEX
PalmersStabilizer
MP5CollapsableStock
RemoteLine
42mmRedDotSight
TacCap
WarsensorTacticalVest
A5Gunner24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A5Gunner24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2007 at 10:29pm
If its only $50 I would for sure get one!
Shrec View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2008 at 5:41pm
I just bought one about 2 weeks ago for $30. I found it to actually be a really good investment. I do agree though, it is a pain to field strip it took me quite the while when I tried it. It might look cheap but it actually feels pretty solid to me.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic