FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Can Tippmanns Still use Siphon tanks?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2007 at 12:04pm
Yeah, once kingman and BE switched over to a less malleable plastic on their cup-seals, we started having issues with them in the cold weather in upstate NY. You could fix it by throwing in one of the black-magic seals which were softer and wouldn't change properties as readily with liquid, but they were a expensive in the late 90's when I started working in the industry.

The best results I had were from running a 6-stage "filtered" x-chamber (with the stage inserts inside, not just hollow) like an ACI chamber with either normal back bottle set ups, or remote line set-ups.

We still had our fair share of siphon tanks up there though. A lot of pro-carbine and .68 carbine players. It was always fun to see the look on a new tech's face when he heard the dip tube rattle around in the bottle as it was filling. It was like "Oh my god, did I just break this dude's tank?"
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
Skillet42565 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Actuarry itís Skirret

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skillet42565 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2007 at 12:09pm
You are so old Tallen... lol
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2007 at 12:15pm
Well, if you look at my avatar picture, I AM bald. But I can still hit the 50 off the break and play speedball with the best of them.

And hey, at least I'm not as old as Chris LaSoya.
HP_Lovecraft View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HP_Lovecraft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2007 at 12:49pm
Originally posted by tallen702 tallen702 wrote:

It was always fun to see the look on a new tech's face when he heard the dip tube rattle around in the bottle as it was filling. It was like "Oh my god, did I just break this dude's tank?"

What I usually get it
Tech - "Somethings wrong with your tank. It should not make that noise!"
Me - "Yes it is, its a siphon".
Tech - "Anti-siphons should not make that noise".
Me - "No, its a siphon. It forces liquid into the gun through a flexible, but weighted hose".

Usually there is a 5-second pause.

Tech - "No, you are confused. A setup like that would blow your gun up!!"
Me - "Um, Ok. Thanks for the fill" and I walk away.

There is even greater moments at the chrono. For tournaments, I'll go ahead and chill the gun. That means I'll fill up a 20oz, and 7oz. I'll screw in the 7oz while holding hammer forward to keep the valve open, and vent 7oz of liquid into the gun all at once, making it cold and frosty. Then screw on the 20oz, and play as normal.

I've done it so many times, that I don't even think about it, but lately people back away from me!
Here is a pic of my gun nicely frosted inline blowback.

And yes, I have even less hair. I ripped it all out after I got married...   ;)

Nick
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Actuarry itís Skirret

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skillet42565 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2007 at 1:11pm
Chris Lasoya is a punk.

Tallen, come to eastern kentucky sometime, I want to see you get to the 50 off the break.
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2007 at 1:53pm
I never understood the fascination that the MCB crew has with Montneel valved markers. Of course, I've never used one. I know the inline system is fairly different in operation from the standard BE/Tippmann/ACI inline setups, but I don't remember exactly how.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HP_Lovecraft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2007 at 3:31pm
The interest at MCB stems from one single fact:
The company is out of business.

Its like a painting, from a painter that has died.
So for guns like Vectors, and Tribals, it creates an certain coolness factor that is hard to duplicate with mass produced guns today.

I used "Inline Blowback" instead of Montneel, since this is a factory Tippmann forum..   ;)

The Montneels are mechanically similar to Tippmanns. They differ by using a delayed-blowback system, segmented trigger, and 3-pc modular body. Plus a quick-strip barrel/breech system, dual-detent and dual-tank setup.

They represent the highest point of blowback design. The the marketing viewpoint for blowbacks switched, and designs evolved to match. Instead of high-end blowbacks, you now have blowbacks for the "masses".

nick
SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2007 at 6:02pm

Originally posted by HP_Lovecraft HP_Lovecraft wrote:

The interest at MCB stems from one single fact:
The company is out of business.

Its like a painting, from a painter that has died.
So for guns like Vectors, and Tribals, it creates an certain coolness factor that is hard to duplicate with mass produced guns today.

I used "Inline Blowback" instead of Montneel, since this is a factory Tippmann forum..   ;)

The Montneels are mechanically similar to Tippmanns. They differ by using a delayed-blowback system, segmented trigger, and 3-pc modular body. Plus a quick-strip barrel/breech system, dual-detent and dual-tank setup.

They represent the highest point of blowback design. The the marketing viewpoint for blowbacks switched, and designs evolved to match. Instead of high-end blowbacks, you now have blowbacks for the "masses".

nick

Quit showing off your fancy blow back and go fiddle with your tanks of witchcraft.

Blow-foward is the way to go anyway.

(Im joking if you haven't realized, although I do like mags.)

And btw Tallen, you may be the better paintballer between us, but I can definitely beat you to the fifty

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Actuarry itís Skirret

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skillet42565 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2007 at 8:01pm
Tallen dodged me because he fears me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HP_Lovecraft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2007 at 9:17pm
Originally posted by SSOK SSOK wrote:

Quit showing off your fancy blow back and go fiddle with your tanks of witchcraft.

Notice I made no mention of my fancy blowback until someone else asked a specific question on page 3.

So no showing off at all, though I do think blowbacks are the best design in paintball, as far as performance.
Blowbacks, like Tippmanns, can do things that no other designs can accomplish.

nick

tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2007 at 9:40pm
I think it's more jealousy at an amazing piece of paintball history (and a darn nice anno-job at that!) than any real accusations of showing off nick.

We tend to go in for sarcasm around here.

Skillet, I fear no skillet, I am a chef after all
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Actuarry itís Skirret

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skillet42565 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2007 at 9:44pm
You would fear this Skillet.  This Skillet would fry YOU 
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2007 at 12:31pm
Originally posted by Skillet42565 Skillet42565 wrote:

You would fear this Skillet.  This Skillet would fry YOU 

Slap yourself. That was lame.
Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

kurieitaa View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kurieitaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2007 at 8:00pm
<3 skillet comments.
gbatt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gbatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2007 at 5:23pm
This was a pretty amusing thread.

First an old dog comes in asking a simple question about using some new school gear in an old school way.

Then the young pups jump in snapping at yapping about how old school ways are obsolete, and that old dog needs to get with the new ways or GTFO.

Then another old dog who is hip to the new ways and respected by the young pups comes in and shuts down the yipping little pups and answers the other old dogs question.

Then both old dogs sit down with a couple beers and start chatting it up about the old ways as the young pups sit there speechless not knowing **edited** theyíre talking about but impressed nonetheless.

Every now and then the old dogs throw the young pups a bone to fight over as they continue their lengthy, yet oddly intriguing discussion.

Classic..
hybrid-sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I feel violated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hybrid-sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2007 at 6:02pm
And then some smug old douchebag comes in and could not possibly be more condescending.
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2007 at 8:26pm
Originally posted by hybrid-sniper hybrid-sniper wrote:

And then some smug old douchebag comes in and could not possibly be more condescending.

Now now, no flaming!

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I feel violated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hybrid-sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2007 at 8:40pm
It's justified.
Yomillio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yomillio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2007 at 9:29pm

It's justified.

No.

Btw, this thread delivered.  I <3 Tallen.  And DeTrev.  And now, HP.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I feel violated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hybrid-sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2007 at 9:56pm
Originally posted by Yomillio Yomillio wrote:

It's justified.

No.

Btw, this thread delivered.  I <3 Tallen.  And DeTrev.  And now, HP.

Yes, actually. I really don't appreciate some blowhard "veteran" popping in out of nowhere and trashing all the "newbies" who didn't understand the OP's admittedly old-school question. Yes, the answers at the beginning of the thread were misguided but damn, don't just roll in here on your trusty forty year old warhorse and act like you're superior because you were around when liquid was king.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic