FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Your realistic "dream" profession?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
carl_the_sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 7/29, Bad Linky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2007 at 7:46pm
Anti-global warming lobbyist (against people who are against global warming)
<just say no to unnecessarily sexualized sigs>
Dye Playa View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested- Reposted Inapropiate Link.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dye Playa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2007 at 9:07pm
Are you guys serious about the houses where you guys live? Around here, everything is soo expensive in comparison to the numbers you guys are saying. A decent house here is at least 550k. We just sold our house which was like 3200 sq. feet I think for like 800K. It was a nice house, but by no means huge. When we moved, my dad built it (he's a contractor), i think it's like 4000 sq feet and it's market value is like 1.2 or something like that. The salaries must be bigger or something up here, because no way can anyone live off 50k a year with the cost of everything so much. I knew it varied, but I had no idea it was that different in different parts of the country.
Susan Storm View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Shot at Love Contestant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan Storm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2007 at 9:52pm

Those numbers are fair.  A million dollars buys you a multi-building mansion estate in the middle South, or a studio apartment on the Upper East Side, and something in between most places.

Cost of real estate is the biggest determinant of cost of living, and it varies drastically across the country.

"No society can surely be flourishing and happy, of which the far greater part of the members are poor and miserable."
Ken Majors View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Tree? What tree? OW!!!! Dangit!!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken Majors Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2007 at 10:14pm
I would seriously like to live in a 12'x 40' Trailer on the beach in Key West, play guitar, and sing bad Jimmy Buffet tunes for old ladies and homosexual men.
...and
Work as a nurse in the local clinic and take care of sunburned tourists, ankle sprains, and other minor illnesses.

...oh yeah...and win the powerball lottery for about 250 million.

Yup...thats about it.
RLTW
BearClaw View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BearClaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2007 at 10:23pm
Id like to get my motorcycle mechanics license (have my heavy truck license) and open my own bike DEALERSHIP with a true focus on proper service (something i find lacking around here).
AGD RT ULE AUTOMAG
TIPPMANN SL68II
DANGEROUS POWER E1
TIPPMANN A5
SHERIDAN PGP2
AGD 68 AUTOMAG
TIPPMANN PRO-CARBINE
EMPIRE TRRACER
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic