Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

More rounds per fill with A5 ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Armando View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Armando Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: More rounds per fill with A5 ?
    Posted: 06 November 2007 at 11:18am
Hi all, im new to this forum

My setup is in my sig, i was wondering how to get more shoots from that 20oz ? what modifications/upgrades should i get ? ...paintball here is mostly played in abandoned buildings, so we dont get 'unlimited fills'

i read a guys review in pbreview.com, he was actually saying he could get like 1900 with a LPK and 20oz Co2 

i was thinking of getting a 24oz tank (would it make a significant change in rouns per fill ?), or getting a LPK and changing to HPA/Nitro once and for all lol

i want to get at least 1500 rounds per fill, cause we pretty much play 'accuracy by volume' here

Any suggestions or help will be apreciated, thanks
A5
Flatline
Old E-grip
Howitzer Orange Bolt
Trinity High Velocity Spring
Laser Pointer (+2 Cool Factor lol)
20oz Co2 Tank
Remote Coil
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2007 at 3:59pm
Start out with a palmer's stabilizer, start lowering your operating pressure that way. You'll get better efficiency since you won't be using any excess air in the operation of the marker. Then, I'd move on to an LPK unless you decide to trade up for a higher-end marker.
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
Jason Doering View Drop Down

Guested - Language

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jason Doering Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2007 at 4:01pm

Alright, try polishing your internals. All u have to do is take your a-5 apart and take the 2 halfs of your a-5 and get some fine sandpaper and polish were the main moving parts go, like were the rear bolt moves and were the front bolt moves. Or u can just polish every thing like what I did. Afterwards make sure u wash off with water. Also u now your done polishing when all the black paint is gone and its a nice metal shine. And dont worry about screwing  it up, just dont use any power tooles or anything like that. But after your done sanding make sure u get all the powder formed paint that u took off with the sand paper and just oil were the parts move and put back together.

Hope this helps and by the way now that u took the paint off the 2 halfs. It makes it so there is a smoother surface for the parts to move on with out needing as much pressure to recock the gun. Also with my a-5 I can get a little more then 1500 shots out of my a-5 with a 20oz which is nice.

tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2007 at 6:02pm
Jason, polishing the internals helps smooth the action and reduce drag, but a Tippmann marker uses the same volume of air regardless of what you do to it until you have some way of regulating the air-flow pressure entering the valve. They use a disruption system to regulate ball speed meaning that while it continually uses the same amount of air per shot, you can disrupt the flow of air thus reducing the force of impact on the round and thus affect the speed of the projectile. The ONLY way to begin to increase gas efficiency is to affect the input pressure. After that, yes, things like polishing, etc. can help.
Armando View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Armando Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2007 at 11:43pm
thanks, so you are saying that getting a low pressure kit is the most effective way ? (using Co2) ....cause if indeed it does affect to much the fps forget it, cause paintball is(im sorry to say it) played with overpowered markers here ...the average fps for tippmann owners is like 360 ...many fights, broken pods, and bleeding when the game ends

i was thinking of changing to HPA/Nitro but what exactly does it take to change , and have a air efficient A5, i mean im willing to pay a lot, but what must i get for my A5, regulator ? biggest nitro tank  88/4500 ? LPK what else ? ...i want to get at least 1500-2000 shots per fill

thanks for the help, i cant ask my paintball shop cause they will probably mislead me to buy some expensive stuff ...assholes lol

Edited by Armando - 06 November 2007 at 11:44pm
A5
Flatline
Old E-grip
Howitzer Orange Bolt
20oz Co2 Tank
Remote Coil
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2007 at 8:57am
Well, if you're interested in switching over to HPA, then all you need to buy is a high-pressure-output HPA bottle and you're set. No other requirements are necessary. To get better efficiency, again a regulator (I suggest AKALMP regs if you are using HPA) will help you increase efficiency, and the LPK in conjunction with a reg will help you get even better efficiency.

As for playing at 360fps, that is extremely dangerous and can cause broken fingers and metacarpals in the hand, which don't heal so well. Also, ASTM guidelines for your goggle lenses state that you should only play with markers chronographed up to 300fps. Anything over that can effectively damage the lenses leading to catastrophic failure.
Armando View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Armando Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2007 at 9:57am
yeah i know man, i wish ppl got seriours about the FPS here

so i should get:

biggest HPA tank around 88/4500  right  ?
LPK
AKALMP regulator ...whats akalmp ? lol
polished internals

thanks a lot
A5
Flatline
Old E-grip
Howitzer Orange Bolt
20oz Co2 Tank
Remote Coil
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2007 at 10:49am
AKALMP is a paintball regulator company. Http://www.akalmp.com is their store's website. I suggest either a side-winder or 2-Liter regulator for high-flow and excellent re-charge rates.
Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2007 at 1:40pm

Play over 300 is extremely dangerous. I have seen masks fail from repeated hits at close range with markers shooting hot. I personally am a case point when it comes to shooting hot. I lost the majority of my vision in my left eye from a close range paintball hit from a marker shooting 350fps. After numerous surgeries it will never be the same. If there is not safe play going on at a field, don't play there. I learned the hard way.

Kingtiger View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Now with 100% more Fail

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kingtiger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2007 at 10:57pm
The LPK generally doesn't do anything from what my friends experienced (when they were using HPA)
Steam: Kingtiger125
Armando View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Armando Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2007 at 1:20am
Originally posted by Snake6 Snake6 wrote:

Play over 300 is extremely dangerous. I have seen masks fail from repeated hits at close range with markers shooting hot. I personally am a case point when it comes to shooting hot. I lost the majority of my vision in my left eye from a close range paintball hit from a marker shooting 350fps. After numerous surgeries it will never be the same. If there is not safe play going on at a field, don't play there. I learned the hard way.

thanks man, and im sorry for your limited vision, its not the field, is the entire woodsball community here ...i **edited***** hate this high fps thing ...its mostly ignorant kids and teenagers, the whole wanabi gangster and 'macho mentality' kind of blinds them from common sense ...their own safety

anyway ty all guys for your advice, im thinking of changing to HPA
A5
Flatline
Old E-grip
Howitzer Orange Bolt
20oz Co2 Tank
Remote Coil
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2007 at 10:55am
HPA is a good step regardless of what else you do. Once you have HPA, there's little that you can't do to your marker. I'd suggest getting an AKALMP 2-Liter after the HPA to bring the operating pressure of the marker down.
TJ-AmbushSniper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJ-AmbushSniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2007 at 8:10pm
I got a HPA from the start, works great, and yea, like tallen says, you can do a lot of things with HPA, you could get a pack and stick a huge HPA tank and a remote with it, i guess you could have a huge one on a drop forward but eh..
-Tippmann A-5
Double Trigger
X7 Hopper to replace A5
-Draxxus 48ci 3000psi HPA
-Proto Switch EL Camo

Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2007 at 1:22am
Who are you and why did you bump an old ass thread?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic