Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Stupid Tippmann

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Tang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stupid Tippmann
    Posted: 30 October 2007 at 11:48am
Well I purchased my A-5 two months ago, and after less than 2 cases of paint, my ratchet broke.

Well what can I say... I am not impressed one bit on this piece of crud.  I though tippmann pruduced high quality, rugged products.  But after this piece of crud, i'm starting to think that tippmann is not what it used to be.  Maybe their taking advice from SP, or maybe BrassEagle.

Why Tippmann cant manufacture a sturdier part than that plastic piece of crud is a complete loss to me. Yeah i know that it cuts down on production costs, but how much more would it cost to replace that on small part with a metal one.... 2 dollars maybe... pathetic

Sorry for this rant, but I'm starting to think I should just give up on Tippmann and go with a better company, like Kingman, or SmartParts.
At least I know that they will work straight out of the box, unlike the piece of crud I bought 2 months ago, and has yet to work properly.  I thought I would be a Tippmann4Life, but the tunnel is getting darker, and darker.
smg-60
sl-68
68 special
A-5
jerseypaint View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerseypaint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2007 at 12:04pm
Originally posted by Tang Tang wrote:

I'm starting to think I should just give up on
Tippmann and go with a better company, like Kingman, or SmartParts.

Thats like saying, "I hate the crap I have, I think I'm gonna go buy more crap, but with a different name."

I would look into companies like ICD, WGP, Dangerous Power, Invert, and Proto. They make good quality low/mid end markers.

EDIT: And if you call Tippmann I'm sure they will give you a new ratchet.

Edited by jerseypaint - 30 October 2007 at 12:05pm
Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2007 at 12:54pm

This is known issue on the A-5. It has been corrected and the part can be replaced at no cost. Please contact the technical support department at 1-800-533-4831 to get a replacement parts.

Anyways, if you are not satisfied with our product you can take your buisness elsewhere as that is your right. Your temper tantrum is not going to make us change anything becuase nothing neeeded changing. There was a defective part, we fixed it, and are offering it to you free of charge. I or the millions of other Americans who choose Tippmann do not see a problem with it. Grow up and realize that not everything is perfect and move on.

Thank you,

Ron Henderson -Tippmann Research and Development.

Edited by Snake6 - 30 October 2007 at 3:07pm
Tang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2007 at 1:46pm
yes I realize comparing The Company I loved for the LAST 20 YEARS with pathetic companies like SP, and KM was pathetic on my part... but after reading soooo many posts aboot A-5's not working its just frusterating.

I will keep my A-5 and try to make it work, but its just a little hard to swallow.  I just took out my SL-68 from storage [after 10 years sittin in my car... oiled it up, gassed it up, still works like new]. But compare that with my a-5, and its a joke.  Although their are a few more moving parts in the A-5.

As for calling Tippmann and requesting a new rachet.... why bother.... It's just going to break after what..... 5 cases of paint now... ooo, I'll just get the TechT Vortex Mod.  That way i'll never have to worry aboot the ratchet malfunctioning ever again.

yes everthing in the world isn't perfect but a cheep fifty cent piece should of been designed better imo. I do remember people saying they had no problems with the earlyer Ratchets. so what happened?

Yes it was a rather childish rant, but I figured this forum would be the only place to vent my frustrations.
smg-60
sl-68
68 special
A-5
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerseypaint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2007 at 2:06pm

As for calling Tippmann and requesting a new rachet.... why bother....
It's just going to break after what..... 5 cases of paint now... ooo,

I believe they replace the broken ratchets with metal ones.
Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2007 at 3:07pm

Originally posted by jerseypaint jerseypaint wrote:

As for calling Tippmann and requesting a new rachet.... why bother....
It's just going to break after what..... 5 cases of paint now... ooo,

I believe they replace the broken ratchets with metal ones.

Yes, we did.

This is why I said that we had a problem and fixed it.

Tang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2007 at 4:15pm
Thanks Ron for the info.  Now dont I feel the an anal-retentive FNG.
Thanks JerseyPaint for being there...

This is the first i've heard of the replacement part being metal and not some hybrid material.

So i geuss its off to the phone I go...  do I need to register my A-5 to recieve the replacement part?  [i've never needed to register due to my previous happiness with my other products.]

ps: does anyone know if Tippmann places special orders? Like a new barrel that is like unported?

pss:  sorry for comparing you to those other companies

There's always room for Tang...
smg-60
sl-68
68 special
A-5
Dazed View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Romped around naked in thorn bushes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dazed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2007 at 4:44pm

This is the first i've heard of the replacement part being metal and not some hybrid material.

Did you bother to look, or call and ask? Seriously, hissyfits DON'T get you anywhere.

My dad and I both own several tippmann's, I'm a 98 guy and he's got 3 A-5's. All 3 have had the ratchets replaced, one of them twice. We haven't paid for any of the parts, or even the shipping on them. He has had an egrip problem with a gun he bought used and finally (after letting the egrip sit unused for a year in favor of the working stock grip) called tippmann and asked them about it. In less than 5 minutes on the phone he was given a possible solution, and told that if that did not fix the grip, to ship the marker to them and they would fix the problem and ship it back at no cost to him. He didn't register the marker, and didn't even buy it new from them. They never asked and didn't care. Tippmann just tried to help out someone with some trouble to the literal best of their abilities.

But then, that's what happens when you act like an adult and go through a company's actual support system.
Jason Doering View Drop Down

Guested - Language

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jason Doering Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2007 at 8:04pm

tippmann makes metal ratchets knowww??????

p_p_b_h View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p_p_b_h Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2007 at 8:45pm
complaining shows you wont stand for poor service, ranting and going over the top with fusses makes people hate you and you lose sympathy and your complaint doesnt seem valid anymore.
ShortyBP View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

A G F Y

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShortyBP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2007 at 9:09pm
Nothing wrong with complaining.

He bought a new product with Tippmann's past durability reputation in mind... and that product didn't deliver.

Valid reason for a gripe-fest.

While Tippmann's durability is still amongst the best in the business... I will sympathize with you, Tang... it's hard to beat the durability of the old line of Tippmann's as shown in your signature.

While I haven't had to deal with Tippmann's Customer Service since they were purchased by Summit Holdings... I will assume that it is still as good as it was. You shouldn't have to register your gun before being able to take advantage of the warranty and receive replacement parts.

As for a barrel... I would highly recommend an aftermarket. Lapco being my top choice. Bigshot for medium bore paint... Autospirit for small bore. ProLite/Carbine/A-5 or X-7 threaded. There are a slew of other quality barrels out there to choose from.
If you're dead-set on getting a Tippmann made barrel, they do offer some good quality barrels without the mid-barrel porting. You might be able to order one over the phone while you're talking to customer service.
Tang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2007 at 1:28pm
so.... snake 6 i'm calling you out on this supposed metal replacement ratchet  [I find it ironic your snake name now..... lmao]

I just called Tippmann Services [and yes as everyone says.... their support line is unmatched in quality and service]. The opperator I was talking to said that the replacement ratchet is still indeed make of a plastic polymer, and had no idea if/when a metal replacement one would be available. He also had no idea who this "Ron Henderson - Tippmann Research and Development" is.

So where exactly do you get your pathetic information from?
Their are plenty of angry A-5, and X-7 owners out there screaming about faulty ratchets, and more with every purchase of these two markers !!!

and "Dazed"... yes i did bother too look. I lurked on every A-5 Forum I could find 2 months before I purchased my marker.  Yes I knew the ratchet had faults with it, and its life expectancy is short lived.   But you to would be upset if after 2 AND A HALF DAYS of playing. Shooting less than 3,000 PAINTBALLS.  Your ratchet dies... so much ro reliability.
smg-60
sl-68
68 special
A-5
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerseypaint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2007 at 1:45pm

so.... snake 6 i'm calling you out on this supposed metal replacement
ratchet [I find it ironic your snake name now..... lmao]

I just called Tippmann Services [and yes as everyone says.... their
support line is unmatched in quality and service]. The opperator I was
talking to said that the replacement ratchet is still indeed make of a
plastic polymer, and had no idea if/when a metal replacement one would
be available.

Okay, whatever its made of is still good and free, quit whining.

Quote He also had no idea who this "Ron Henderson - Tippmann Research and Development" is.

Thats because Ron is way to up in the chain of command to be known by some phone operator.

So where exactly do you get your pathetic information from?
Their are plenty of angry A-5, and X-7 owners out there screaming about
faulty ratchets, and more with every purchase of these two markers !!!

I'm sorry I tried to help you, so my information wasn't all correct, didn't hurt you did it?

and "Dazed"... yes i did bother too look. I lurked on every A-5 Forum I
could find 2 months before I purchased my marker. Yes I knew the
ratchet had faults with it, and its life expectancy is short
lived.   But you to would be upset if after 2 AND A HALF DAYS
of playing. Shooting less than 3,000 PAINTBALLS. Your ratchet
dies... so much ro reliability.

Um, I wouldn't be upset if its expected. You knew, you bought the marker, your fault. And A-5 forums are bias, so why base your marker choice on those? I blame you lack of proper research and high expectations.
Tang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2007 at 2:07pm
um.... its not your information [unless your ron... then i'm getting names mixed up... sorry]

good and free, but still need replacing after a while... still not good for reliability imo.

um..  I think you would be upset if ratchet fell wayyy short of its expected expectancy.  how long would 3000 paintball last you? A day? Then after the 3000 shot you find your marker no longer working.  I was hopeing that this piece of equipment would at least last 3 cases of paint like most of the threads i've read. But half ..... eh :(

and for High Expectations.... yes I do expect this from a company that believes in being Rugged, and Reliable.  They started off with Reliable Ratchets when the first started production, but I geuss the big wigs need another ivory back scratcher [yes i watch too much Simpsons], so they scrimmed on a piece.  Now look... lots of unhappy faces... 
smg-60
sl-68
68 special
A-5
Shub View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I donít have one either. Is that good???

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2007 at 7:32pm

be available. He also had no idea who this "Ron Henderson - Tippmann
Research and Development" is.

My name is Jeff Snyder and I work with Ron in Research. The person you talked to at the phone center must have been one of the new guys down there. Steve hired several new people last month as our phone support demands are up with the new product lines.
Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2007 at 8:37pm
Originally posted by Shub Shub wrote:

be available. He also had no idea who this "Ron Henderson - Tippmann
Research and Development" is.

My name is Jeff Snyder and I work with Ron in Research. The person you talked to at the phone center must have been one of the new guys down there. Steve hired several new people last month as our phone support demands are up with the new product lines.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. I wonder how those new operators are working out, I'll have to call Steve and see. That plus the fact that I have been at Fort Leonard Wood for the last few weeks on a business trip for the U.S. Army Paintball campaign.

But anyways, I was mistaken in my info. There is a Metal Ratchet for the X-7 in development, I thought it was already released. I called the office to find that the release date was bumped back due to a minor design flaw.
Tang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2007 at 11:57am
ah... kewl...

sorry for the mix up...

and thanks for the clear up.

atleast you fixed the problem with the new line from Tippmann [ie X-7]
isnt the x-7 ratchet interchangable with the A-5 cyclone?

I must say.... I'd rather buy something from Tippmann than either JCS or TechT.  Although their probably good products, but I'd rather go with Tippmann :)
smg-60
sl-68
68 special
A-5
Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2007 at 12:40pm

Honestly,

I like the Tech-T vortex mod myself. That is what I am running in my A-5. As for the ratchet for the X-7 I don't know if it interchangable. I would have to look, but I don't think so since it was developed specifically for the X-7 and not the A-5.

carl_the_sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 7/29, Bad Linky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2007 at 12:45am
Pm me your credit card number for verification purposes, and I'll send you a new metal one.

Carl-Tech Support

**By the way, just so you don't actually do it, I am just kidding man. I do not work for tech support, and you should not send me your credit card number***

Edited by carl_the_sniper - 04 November 2007 at 1:19am
<just say no to unnecessarily sexualized sigs>
Jason Doering View Drop Down

Guested - Language

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jason Doering Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2007 at 5:14pm

Damb......I accually thought tippmann was making metal ratchets for a-5s....They should make metal ratchets and metal axels. and maybe even metal rod's that would be really sweet. Plus it would make it alot more durable.

instead of having to buy the tech-t vortex mod and lightning rod.

Just an idia.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic