Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Stupid Tippmann

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
ShadowRam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShadowRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2007 at 1:47pm
Originally posted by Snake6 Snake6 wrote:

Originally posted by jerseypaint jerseypaint wrote:

Originally posted by Tang Tang wrote:

As for calling Tippmann and requesting a new rachet.... why bother....
It's just going to break after what..... 5 cases of paint now... ooo,

I believe they replace the broken ratchets with metal ones.

Yes, we did.

This is why I said that we had a problem and fixed it.

Umm.. if A-5's are metal Ratchet's now...  then why are new X-7's plastic??

On a side not thou. for all those complaining about plastic ratchets...  its a mechanical device!! 

Nothing lasts forever....  Something ALWAYS has to wear down and break. The ratchet is a cheap easy to replace part...

By replacing it with a metal one, you now have transferred the wear piece or the "DESIGNED POINT OF FAILURE" to something else that will more likely cost more and harder to replace..

Edited by ShadowRam - 14 November 2007 at 1:50pm
thejudge View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thejudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2007 at 5:30pm
I have never had a problem w/ my plastic ratchet (firing it 3-4 years now at least 2-3 times a month and 2000 rounds or so per day of play)  I guess I have just been lucky but should i call tippmann and get the replacement one now so it doesnt happen on the field?
Stay low, run fast, and hope that paintball doesn't hit your...
MCPOAJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MCPOAJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2007 at 10:15pm
idk wth is wrong just get another plastic one my a-5 is e-griped flatlined and it has a plastic rachet it has NEVER failed me i've been to a summer paintball camp and atleast 1 paintball weekend every month for the last year its worked just fine... i even hate to say it its worked better then my X-7 but i have read some stuff and i've found that the cyclone "fins" were a little sharp fixed it myself and that the ball dents on the x-7's are a little hard so i chopped it a little sometimes it takes a little "breaking in"
Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2007 at 10:30pm
Why did you bump this post that is almost a month old?
MCPOAJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MCPOAJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2007 at 10:46pm

Originally posted by Snake6 Snake6 wrote:

Why did you bump this post that is almost a month old?

My bad we were talkin about the metal rachet on the X7og forum and it went straight to it and it made me a little mad cause i love tippmann i own the 3 best guns so yea sorry i did that if i woulda noticed i wouldn't have done it

X-7 Commando View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote X-7 Commando Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2007 at 1:50pm
So is the metal replacement axle out for the X7 yet?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic