Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Problem with X7 cyclone

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sigma9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sigma9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Problem with X7 cyclone
    Posted: 25 October 2007 at 5:32pm

Hey, I have the Tippmann X7 and for some reason my cyclone feed isn't spinning anymore, it happend about a month ago when I was playing. I thought it was because the 9 ounce tank didn't have enough pressure and I also tried cleaning it. However I tested it today and it is still not working, I tried different tanks to make sure that it wasnt that, I have tried a 12 and a 20 ounce also so I don't know what the problem is. I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas.

tippmannfreak View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Strike 1 - Inappropriate Post, 1/15

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tippmannfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2007 at 6:18pm
Apart from the cyclone not cycling, is the marker firing (at least air) and recocking?
Tippmann 98 Custom
Psycho Ballistics X-Chamber
P.B. Drop Forward
Polished internals
Lapco Bigshot 12"
Macro Line
Rufus Dog Double Trigger
Dye Stickies
Polished Receiver Halves
Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2007 at 6:23pm
Can you cycle it manually? Or is it frozen in place?

I know Tippmann had problems with the cyclone on the A-5 like this. It was in the cyclone ratchet where a break would occur and the cyclone would cycle manually, but not automatically. I believe that it was fixed, but my X7 knowledge is limited and it still may be a recurring issue.
Sigma9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sigma9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2007 at 10:11pm
It is shooting air, and I can cycle it manually and it will fire the odd paintball really rarely though, like maybe 1 in 30 shots if that.
Kingtiger View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Now with 100% more Fail

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kingtiger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2007 at 11:34pm
What kind of paint are you using? If it's not that, your running low on air.
Steam: Kingtiger125
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2007 at 12:17am
Sounds like a broken ratchet. Call tippmann's customer service and explain the issue to them, they'll more than likely take care of it for free.
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
leigelord View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leigelord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2007 at 8:07pm
I have repeatedly had problems with the cyclone feed on mine. I have had really great dealings with tippmann as far as getting the ratchet replaced, I have upgraded paint(although tippmanns are not picky), changed brands of paint, etc., but mine still only turns when it wants to. If you figure out the problem I will appreciate it.
GBLoon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GBLoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2007 at 12:04am

Originally posted by leigelord leigelord wrote:

I have repeatedly had problems with the cyclone feed on mine. I have had really great dealings with tippmann as far as getting the ratchet replaced, I have upgraded paint(although tippmanns are not picky), changed brands of paint, etc., but mine still only turns when it wants to. If you figure out the problem I will appreciate it.

Sounds like a broken ratchet.  I used to buy 3 at a time so I could fix it out on the field.  Replaced it with a metal one and fixed it permanetly.

ShadowRam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShadowRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2007 at 1:35pm
Your Ratchet is broken.. (Its a piece inside the Cyclone)
This also happened on my X7...

I'm told the initial X7's (Serial <30000 or something like that) had inferior ratchets..

Its ~$5 replacement piece, you should be able to get your local store to replace it for free...

I'm running on my replacement now.. and I have another incase I need one on game day...  If it breaks again in the next year or 2..  I'll just grab a Vortex mod..    (Metal Ratchet instead of plastic)

Edited by ShadowRam - 14 November 2007 at 1:37pm
thejudge View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thejudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2007 at 5:23pm
I had it once where I had the cyclone "teeth" screwed in too tight after cleaning up my gun (ab ball broke in my flatline and it exploded backwards, lots of fun). Once i loosened it just barely it turned with no problem.
Stay low, run fast, and hope that paintball doesn't hit your...
leigelord View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leigelord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2007 at 7:32am
OK, figure this one out.... The ratchet has been replaced 4 times- does not work. Changed the entire cyclone out with another one- does not work. Changed paint numerous times- no effect. Could it be a cracked power tube? Tanks are full- compressed air and Co2- no change.
ShadowRam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShadowRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2008 at 10:27am
Cracked Power Tube,
Bad Banjo Fitting,
Blocked AirLine to Cyclone,
Ilford Rule View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ilford Rule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2008 at 5:57pm
Sounds like a broken tube, broken fitting, cracked hose to the cyclone, or possibly an obstruction somewhere along the airflow's path. Have you tried feeling for leaks around the fittings + cyclone when you fire?
CPro (w/ polished internals)
14" Bigshot
BT SBS
Various Rails
NcSTAR D4B
Macro
AA 68/45

CCI Phantom
45 Grips
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic