Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Need a new mask

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ben Dover II View Drop Down
Strike 1 - language

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ben Dover II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need a new mask
    Posted: 20 October 2007 at 7:38pm

My mask doesnt stay tight enough against my face and moves around when im running. Whats a good mask that stays still and doesnt slide down. I do a lot of woodsballing so i dont want it to scream here i am.

tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2007 at 9:39pm
Have you tried tightening the straps up more?

If it comes down to a new mask, there are two that I will use, and no others:

V-Force Profiler

Pros:
Excellent peripheral vision
Mask fits tight in to your face keeping the exposed area to a minimum
Two styles of visors to choose from depending on light levels
Multiple colors including flat black and OD Green
Easy to disassemble, clean, and replace lenses

Cons:
Baked on anti-fog eventually wears off over time
No flexibility for bounces or using a stock
Single unit construction means if one part breaks/cracks, you can't just replace that section

JT Pro-Flex

Pros:
Thermal Lens will NEVER fog
Soft-Ears and Lower for bounces/using stock
Wide peripheral vision
Multi-part mask allows you to change out sections as they wear down or break
Very dependable, longest running mask series I can think of

Cons:
Not as much total visibility as the Profiler
If you take a close shot to a soft-part, it WILL hurt a bit.
Lenses are more difficult to change out due to their retention design.
Offers very little neck/side coverage to keep profile down.

Both are fantastic masks, fit well, and are dependable and run the same price-range (60-80 depending on the store/web site)
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
Zippo25 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zippo25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2007 at 9:45pm
i've personally used a profiler, a proto switch and now i'm on a pair of dye i3's. i've liked them all and havent had much time with the dye's, but i personally loved the proto switches, even moreso than the profilers. they just fit better and worked better for me. the profilers had a lil wider vision, and both were easy to remove the lenses etc etc. u cant go wrong with either. This may be redundant lol but masks all have pro's and cons, and the thing that really makes a difference between most mid to high range masks is fit. so see if you can try them on before u buy them.
Strike 1 - language

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ben Dover II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2007 at 10:22pm
I dont really want anything to expensive maby in the 20-40 dollor range
kurieitaa View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kurieitaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2007 at 3:20am

Well you can allways get used mask's, the cheapest ive see are thos "JT" mask's you can get at wal-mart they are around the 20 to 40 ish.

But some times you have to spend 60 to 80 bucks to get one that works for you.

sinisterNorth View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
1 strike, language, 10/3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sinisterNorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2007 at 9:33am
I use a V-Force Vantage and I don't have any trouble with it sliding.
Pumpker'd; (V.) When a pump player runs up and shoots you at point blank range because you thought 20bps made you good.
RoboCop View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Aw man, my butt is rusted...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoboCop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2007 at 11:01am
I love my proto switch. All you have to do is tighten the strap and it stays on. It kinda rests on the top of your head quiet nicely when your not playing.

SandMan:"oh yeah, sporx is totally hot"
Strike 1 - language

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ben Dover II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2007 at 12:31pm
i heard of ones with a headshield. i bet those would stay on my head the best, what do you think?
Brainless View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brainless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2007 at 12:10am
If you have 80 bucks I'd get an Imperial Stormtrooper-like Event Goggle from Empire.

That's gonna be my mask, a scary skull-like black and white.

http://www.pbreview.com/products/reviews/4080/

Edited by Brainless - 26 October 2007 at 12:12am
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2007 at 12:16am
Masks are one of those things that you get what you pay for. If you aren't willing to pay $60-$80 for a good one, then you aren't going to get something worth keeping. The cheapest I would go is the old JT X-Fire Elite series with a thermal lens. Your peripheral vision suffers greatly and can really screw you over in a game, but at least the thermal lens won't fog on you like most other masks in the same price range.
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
scrumsguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scrumsguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2007 at 12:56am

The mask is definatly something you DON'T want to cheep out on

unless you have an ugly face

Help support the Youth In Asia!

Member Of Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band

rvieira View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rvieira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2007 at 9:18am

Buying a good mask will only hurt you once. I use a JT pro-flex, and its one of the lightest masks I have ever worn. They do offer less neck and side protection, but keep your head down and your marker up and it should offer more then enough protection.

carl_the_sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 7/29, Bad Linky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2007 at 11:34am

The mask is the most important thing not to cheap out on.

I like my pcs 20/20.  It's a high end mask, just not very popular because it's usually marketed as a woodsball mask.

It comes standard with a fan and anti-fog protection and is cheaper than most other high ends.

They have great visibility and comfort. I sweat a lot and they have never fogged up on me.

<just say no to unnecessarily sexualized sigs>
thejudge View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thejudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2007 at 6:08pm
I have a profiler and I love the thing.  While the anti fog can wear away mine is just starting to after more than a year of play.  Also it is the easiest mask to switch the lens on and in  the same way clean.
Stay low, run fast, and hope that paintball doesn't hit your...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic