FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

you haven’t experienced Drama...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Panda Man View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Iíll feed you to my SNAKE!! METALFACE!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Panda Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: you haven’t experienced Drama...
    Posted: 13 October 2007 at 11:37pm
till you join a band that has high school students in it....
proteus316 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote proteus316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2007 at 11:40pm
You can't have a band with members that aren't old enough to get into the bars/clubs you hope to get gigs in. 
Da Hui View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested, 9/13 Inappropiate post content

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Da Hui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2007 at 11:41pm
Only drama that happened when I was in a (crappy) band was we had a revolving door of vocalists.
Panda Man View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Panda Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2007 at 11:42pm
^nah... we don't really want the fame thing... personally it's one big headache probably.

We just sit there try and make some decent music, we might hit up a local show but... with this "triangle of Back talking" I'm surprised the band is somewhat still together.

Well... heh.. here is the myspace... I guess(oh man...)

The old band "The newmans" broke up after a rightful reason... you see alot of the old people. The hippy looking kid, and the fire crotch are still in it(as am I(I was a Bass player on stand by if things got bad(and they did)). I help write the 1st song, the guitar rifts sounded kinda off(they still do) until I worked with them a little...  The bad thing, the singer is ALWAYS gone... it kinda sucks, we make a kick<butt> rift, but without him trying to think of something... it goes down hill and it unravels.   Song 1 is all me...

Labotomy

We're thinking of a new name... don't worry.

Edited by Panda Man - 13 October 2007 at 11:47pm
procarbinefreak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Budget Medical Procedures Available

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote procarbinefreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2007 at 11:44pm
heh... high school drama's present whether you're in a band or not.

If your lucky and find good mature friends, it leaves when you go to college.  If you're unlucky like me, it follows you for at least a year after. 
Linus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - language 6.29.10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2007 at 11:45pm

Da Hui View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested, 9/13 Inappropiate post content

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Da Hui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2007 at 11:55pm
The music is decent, but the vocals are horrible.

I friend requested you.
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2007 at 11:59pm
Originally posted by proteus316 proteus316 wrote:

You can't have a band with members that aren't old enough to get into the bars/clubs you hope to get gigs in.

Wrong, I know several bands with underage members that have played at bars
proteus316 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote proteus316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2007 at 12:53am
Originally posted by choopie911 choopie911 wrote:

Originally posted by proteus316 proteus316 wrote:

Wrong, I know several bands with underage members that have played at bars

Well equate region differences, here(where i live) you have to be 21 to get into any bar/club and that counts for bands as well.
ANARCHY_SCOUT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
strike 1 1/24 rudeness to newer members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ANARCHY_SCOUT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2007 at 12:57am
No t bad atr all man I think its got potential if you upped the vocals a little.

Screw redoing all the crappy typing im drunk.
Gamertag: Kataklysm999
carl_the_sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 7/29, Bad Linky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2007 at 2:21am
I didn't believe the whole "high school drama thing" until last year.

I was waiting at my locker before class and three girls, probably in grade 9 or 10 start talking. The first thing I hear is: "you peeped her myspace" the second girl: "well I wouldn't have had to if you hadn't been writing mean comments about me"

The whole thing goes on and on like that until they are yelling, and then one starts to cry and runs away.
<just say no to unnecessarily sexualized sigs>
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2007 at 2:29am
Lots of people never grow out of high school drama.

And I'm trying for a band so hard, but it's becoming a pain in the ass. If I was confident enough in my abilities, I'd advertise for members, but honestly I'd rather get one going with people who know me, so they're used to me/my styles. Plus blues just aint as popular as she used to be, which is a shame, because it's alot more diverse than most people think.

Anyway, good luck with the band, I'll listen to the clips when I can turn my speakers back on.

Darur View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Stare directly into my avatar...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2007 at 4:35am
Ha!

Try being in a high school drama club's play production.
Real Men play Tuba

PH33R TEH 1337 Dwarf!
DONT CLICK ME!!1
Skillet42565 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Actuarry itís Skirret

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skillet42565 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2007 at 9:02am
The bass player was terrible.  Also, did the timing seem a little off to anyone else on the first song?

Get a new vocalist.
oldsoldier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Frequent target of infantile obsessives

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2007 at 9:13am
You want Drama....Wait till you are a father with teenage daughters, whatever drama you think you are expieriencing now is nothing.
The Band thing has allways been fun, the p'g contests, the ego outplaying the talent. Watching and having to step in now and then in the boy's band is just a fun exercise. When a 59 year old has to cover lead guitar and vocals because of a difference of opinion p'g contest, great fun....."Do you have the time, to listen to me whine.............."

PS.. I got to get this act on YouTube, it is just hillarious for "who is the old guy" is usually question #1 at the gigs.

Edited by oldsoldier - 14 October 2007 at 9:15am
Shub View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I donít have one either. Is that good???

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2007 at 9:41am
I think anytime you're in a band, you have to deal with egos and drama, whether the members are high schoolers or thirty-somethings. I think every group has at least one person who is the troublemaker that the rest of the band has to bend over backwards for.
Panda Man View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Panda Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2007 at 10:02pm
yea, were really starting to get annoyed by the vocalist... once again he skipped out on us.... So I... well I might actually sing(oh god, I hate singing.) yea you might actually hear my voice with some of these songs that come up...

I really wish we could just record our Guitarist messing around... that kid is on his way to fame either it be threw us or someone else... I have NEVER been around some one who can just... Rip like that, I know there are a lot... and a lot better, but the kid is only 17 and wow, has some talent. The drummer is not bad for being 14 either, he needs to learn to go off what he wants not what the guitarist is doing... then in return I fallow the drummers lead... then the singer fallows the beat... Yea... me and the drummer need to get together and figure out something we can do and have our guitarist fallow us... but... that'll come later.
Brian Fellows View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
That’s MISTER Fellows to you...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Fellows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2007 at 12:58am
Originally posted by Shub Shub wrote:

egos and drama

Anyone else read that as "eggs and drama"?
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2007 at 1:18am
That was horrible. It's probably a good thing if your band stops existing....actually, remove the "probably"
Mehs View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
An Hero

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mehs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2007 at 1:30am
Vocals are terrible...sounds like someone killing another person.
[IMG]http://i27.tinypic.com/1538fbc.jpg">
Squeeze Box
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic